SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 11-19-2003, 03:01 PM

Sage 2 Minimum Requirements

I just downloaded Sage 1.4 and have been playing with it and am impressed with the quality. However, the GUI is visually lacking, but that seems to be addressed in version 2. My question is whether all this extra eye candy and features will effect the minimum requirements of the system?

Currently I am just meeting the minimum requirements for 1.4. I am running a Pentium III 600mhz 384 RAM with Radeon 7500 AIW (for S Video Out) and Hauppauge 250 although I will exchange it for the 350. Running at this my processor is at 80% and I am satified with the quality of LiveTV. However, I am really looking for a product that will support the 350 S Video Out, which version 2 will. But I am not going to upgrade my system.

I want it to run just as it does with version 1.4. Are the system requirements going to be more demanding in the new version?

If I purchase 1.4 now will I get a free upgrade? If not should I wait for 2.0 and then purchase? Or look for another solution?

Also when is the beta going to be release for the public. I can't wait for Q1 2004 for the official release in order to run Hauppauge 350 TV-Out. Since Myth is the only option that currently supports the 350, I would like to know how long I need to wait or if I should go ahead and struggle to set up Myth; something I don't want to get into because of so many other things on my plate right now.

Thanks for any input!!
Old 11-19-2003, 04:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

In all honestly, if you are using a PVR 350 then there will be hardware encoding and decoding, so your computer will not have to do much at all! Regardless, i can't believe the requirements will really change as it will not be doing anything MORE just different. The requirements for Sage studio (teh bit that will allow teh GUI etc to be changed may well be higher, but to actually use the new GUIs in Sage will probably be the same. This is of course my own unofficial thoughts on the matter....