SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandypuff View Post
In the configure menu, what are the two boxes next to the "Reg Error Poll" for? Could you explain how these settings are used? I have 15 and 4 set now. What does this mean? I know one of them (not sure which one) is the the time in seconds before polling the web server. What's the other setting for?
The first number is the rate at which SageTray polls the web server for schedule updates. The second number is the polling rate that takes effect once an error occurs (such as the web server going offline). The default value for the error poll rate is shorter than the normal poll rate so that SageTray will more quickly recover once the error is corrected.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:03 AM
Sage User

Exclamation Problem with STV 6.5.9 and SageTray 1.3.2

Just upgraded to SageTV 6.5.9. SageTray loads onto Taskbar fine, but will not display schedule. If I hover over the icon, I see the following message:

'Error Updating_Schedule: [Playing] Get Client feed'

I have removed the .exe and .xml files and installed SageTray again. Same results.

All the other functions available by right clicking the SageTray icon work as advertised. It is just the schedule function.

Anyone have any ideas?
Intel P4 2.26GHz | 2.0Gb | 1TB RAID | NVIDIA GeForce4 MX420 128Mb | Hauppauge PVR-250 | Hauppauge PVR-500 | Hauppauge PVR-USB2 | Hauppauge MediaMVP | XP Home SP3 | SageTV v6.5.9.204, w/ Client & PlaceShifter | Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 | Java 1.6.0_14
Old 04-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdriver View Post
Just upgraded to SageTV 6.5.9. SageTray loads onto Taskbar fine, but will not display schedule. If I hover over the icon, I see the following message:

'Error Updating_Schedule: [Playing] Get Client feed'

I have removed the .exe and .xml files and installed SageTray again. Same results.

All the other functions available by right clicking the SageTray icon work as advertised. It is just the schedule function.

Anyone have any ideas?
Interesting... I am also using the same version (6.5.9.204) and it works fine for me. What version of the webserver do you have installed? And are you able to access it directly from a browser (ie: http://[ip address of server]:8080/sage/Home?) Also, I would double check the username/password settings which are case sensitive.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by k10ck3r View Post
Interesting... I am also using the same version (6.5.9.204) and it works fine for me. What version of the webserver do you have installed? And are you able to access it directly from a browser (ie: http://[ip address of server]:8080/sage/Home?)
The bottom of the SageTV Web Interface says Sage Webserver 2.22 (What is the most current version?). I am able to access it directly from the address line in IE7, Mozilla and Chrome.

Quote:
Also, I would double check the username/password settings which are case sensitive.
Yup, I'm a dummy! The second I read 'case sensitive' I had my answer. I promise you I have more than adequately punished myself for this basic, basic, simple error!

Thanks for responding!
Intel P4 2.26GHz | 2.0Gb | 1TB RAID | NVIDIA GeForce4 MX420 128Mb | Hauppauge PVR-250 | Hauppauge PVR-500 | Hauppauge PVR-USB2 | Hauppauge MediaMVP | XP Home SP3 | SageTV v6.5.9.204, w/ Client & PlaceShifter | Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 | Java 1.6.0_14
Old 04-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Sage Icon

k10ck3r,

I think this may be up your alley : http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39316

You already have the email thing, don't know if it would be easy for you to add twitter.
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:55 PM
SageTVaholic

I did a quick search for "error" through all 10 pages of this thread, but didn't see answers to the questions below.

What kind of Sage errors does this utility show/record? All? Or just certain ones? This seems like it just might be the error reporting capability that people have been asking for from Sage. Also, does this need to be installed on just the server or both the client and the server?

Is there some sort of logging capability or is it solely real time? I'm thinking this might be a great way to determine when an HD-PVR is stopping and starting when it shouldn't be. It could help nail down when and how frequently it's having issues, as well as track down whether a change you made has improved or worsened something. Ideally, it'd be great to somehow tie in a method of power cycling the HD-PVR when it starts locking up and this utility lets you know it's happening. I have no clue how that would be done, but I figured I'd throw it out there for someone to perhaps think about.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Answers noted below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
What kind of Sage errors does this utility show/record?
Answer: Mainly internal errors generated if an xml feed is not received from the webserver. It also sends email notifications when the webserver fails to respond (usually indicates that sagetv may be down), when the webserver comes back online, and when there are schedule conflicts.

Quote:
Also, does this need to be installed on just the server or both the client and the server?
Answer: SageTray only needs to be installed on the client. It receives xml feeds from the webserver, which is installed on the server (instructions can be found on first page of this thread).

Quote:
Is there some sort of logging capability or is it solely real time?
Answer: It is a real-time feature at this time, though logging could be added. The reason I haven't added it yet is because I tried to make it lightweight (not use hard drive space, etc).

Thanks for your other ideas, I'll think about what could be added in a future release.

Last edited by k10ck3r; 04-10-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
k10ck3r,

I think this may be up your alley : http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39316

You already have the email thing, don't know if it would be easy for you to add twitter.
Interesting idea. I'll have to look into it and see....
Old 05-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

With people moving to Jetty, can you use SageTray with Jetty instead of the Sage Webserver?
Old 06-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaOConnor View Post
With people moving to Jetty, can you use SageTray with Jetty instead of the Sage Webserver?
I'll have to look into that. At first glance, it looks like a fairly involved change, but it does look interesting. I'll let you know what I find out.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks! I'm still sticking w/ sage webserver, but a lot of folks are now using Jetty for their apps so I thought I'd ask. Appreciate it!
Old 08-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Version 1.3.3 Posted

No new features yet... This is just a maintenance release to fix a problem with Windows 7 (x64), as the registry path for SageTV is different on this OS.

Version 1.3.3 [08/02/2009]
- Fixed registry path for Windows 7 (x64).
Old 10-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Version 1.3.3 [08/02/2009]
- Fixed registry path for Windows 7 (x64).
This utility used to work very well for me, but isn't with my current reinstallation, due to a crash. The exact SageTray error I'm currently facing is "Error Updating_Schedule: [Scheduled] Get Scheduled feed".

I've recovered my backup SageTrayCfg.xml file and it doesn't work. I've reconfigured from scratch with no results. I've used the web server and it is working just fine, using the 9/09 JAR files.

When I launch the web server from SageTray, it doesn't appreciate the URL format supplying the password. This might be the issue? From: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834489:

Quote:
By default, versions of Windows Internet Explorer that were released starting with the release of security update 832894 do not support handling user names and passwords in HTTP and HTTP with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) or HTTPS URLs. The following URL syntax is not supported in Internet Explorer or in Windows Explorer:
http(s)://usernameassword@server/resource.ext
I don't know if it is an IE problem, but I seem to remember this working just fine with my previous server configuration (which should be almost identical to the current one).

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Software: Windows 2000 SP4, MSIE v6.0, .NET CLR 1.1.4322, .NET CLR 2.0.50727, Java v1.6.0_23
SageTV: SageTV v5.0.4.92, Webserver v2.26R50
Clients: Hauppauge MediaMVP [x2] (Revs D1, D3A)
Old 10-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I don't know if it is an IE problem, but I seem to remember this working just fine with my previous server configuration (which should be almost identical to the current one).
Yes, IE has this issue. You could uncheck the auto login under Plugin Setup to disable this and see if it works. You could also try using a different browser, such as Firefox.

As for the client feed error, it indicates that the application is not communicating with the server. This could perhaps be a firewall issue. You mentioned that you recovered your config file from a working setup and that it did not work. I recommend double checking the username/password fields to make sure they are correct (They are case sensitive. If you are using the default username/password, it may be an issue because the case changed for one of the webserver releases. This was quite a while ago though...)
Old 10-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
As for the client feed error, it indicates that the application is not communicating with the server. This could perhaps be a firewall issue. You mentioned that you recovered your config file from a working setup and that it did not work. I recommend double checking the username/password fields to make sure they are correct (They are case sensitive. If you are using the default username/password, it may be an issue because the case changed for one of the webserver releases. This was quite a while ago though...)
Same "Error Updating_Schedule: [Scheduled] Get Scheduled feed", after disabling the password in realms.properties and unchecking "Login Required" in SageTray. With the password enabled on webserver and SageTray, it used the invalid format URL for IE 6 and failed. Now, it just loads fine.

Anyway, back to SageTray.
- I configure it with a hostname "SageTV" which resolves to the right SageTV server LAN address. (I've configured it with the static address too, so that's not the issue.)
- I'm first trying to get SageTray running on the server, so doubt it is a firewall issue. (I've got the ports correctly forwarded too, on the router, because webserver works on the same port from my other computers, inside and outside the firewall.)
- Tried again with and without passwords, using my old SageTray config and reconfiguring, to no avail / same results.
- My only thought is incomaptibility with webserver v2.25, or an incompatible JAR file incorrectly in place. I've updated all to the latest releases manually, instead of just using the old JAR directory that was working.

Everything seems to be working fine on my new server with two exceptions: SageTray (which was working before) and nielm's GetStatus/SageMon (which I've never tried before). No idea if there is correlation there either.

Thanks again for the help. Happy for any ideas on your part.
Software: Windows 2000 SP4, MSIE v6.0, .NET CLR 1.1.4322, .NET CLR 2.0.50727, Java v1.6.0_23
Old 10-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonGal View Post
- My only thought is incomaptibility with webserver v2.25, or an incompatible JAR file incorrectly in place. I've updated all to the latest releases manually, instead of just using the old JAR directory that was working.
Ok, I am running webserver v2.24, so perhaps there is an issue with 2.25. I will update my installation and see if I can duplicate this issue.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Ok, I am running webserver v2.24, so perhaps there is an issue with 2.25. I will update my installation and see if I can duplicate this issue.
Well, I checked nielm's webserver wiki and it seems like 2.24 is the latest version, so unless I am missing something, I am already running the current version (which works for me). The other monitor program you mentioned uses similar means to connect to the webserver, so both apps seem to have connectivity issues to the server. It is confusing that you are able to browse to the webserver, but are unable to access it from these apps.

Could you try one thing? Browse to the home page of the webserver and click on one of the orange XML buttons (these are the feeds that SageTray uses). Let me know if you are able to access the feeds this way.

The only other setting I would verify is the port number.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Well, I checked nielm's webserver wiki and it seems like 2.24 is the latest version, so unless I am missing something, I am already running the current version (which works for me).
There is a version 2.25 at this link:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8426

jreichen has taken over development from nielm. see this post for getstatus status too, in case that helps. I'm testing various versions of JAR files, but hard to figure out which ones to use (and which are broken?).

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...434#post384434

Thanks again for the help, K
Old 10-03-2009, 11:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonGal View Post
There is a version 2.25 at this link:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8426

jreichen has taken over development from nielm. see this post for getstatus status too, in case that helps. I'm testing various versions of JAR files, but hard to figure out which ones to use (and which are broken?).

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...434#post384434

Thanks again for the help, K
Ah .. I see now. This is a fairly new release with substantial changes (web server migrated to Jetty). Although it is "supposed" to be backward compatible with apps that use the xml feeds, it is possible there are some changes in there that are causing issues. I found the download link (but it looks like an early adopter/beta release since the main download links have not been updated). I will see if there is a safe way to install this version and test it. A thought ... perhaps it would be best to avoid this webserver version until they get the other monitor app working...
Old 10-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hmm .. I just noticed that there are two flavors that can be downloaded: One uses the legacy TJWS server and the other uses Jetty. Do you know which one you are using?