SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by k10ck3r View Post
Ok, version 1.1.10 has been uploaded. It turns out the required modifications were fairly minor. Please let me know if anyone has issues with the new version. This version also corrects a small bug where sometimes the currently recording show also appears in the pending recordings list.
Is this new sagetray version also compatible with the old webserver plugin?
Old 03-24-2007, 08:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnttoker View Post
Is this new sagetray version also compatible with the old webserver plugin?
It should be. The change was minor and only had to do with the xml reader setup.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Version 1.1.11 posted

Just uploaded 1.1.11. It corrects a problem where, under some circumstances, only one episode of a show is displayed in the schedule, even though several episodes of the show are scheduled.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Version 1.1.12 posted

Version 1.1.12 fixes a minor annoyance with the behavior of the popup displayed when the tray icon is clicked. It is now brought to the front when the icon is clicked (which is good, since this is the whole reason it was clicked in the first place). Previously, the popup had a tendency to stay behind other open windows. Clicking an area on the popup also brings the popup to the front.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is there any way to configure the pop-up so it only displays x number of scheduled shows, or the next x hours? When I bring it up the pop-up runs from the top of the screen to the bottom.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:19 AM
Sage User

What he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTuckman View Post
Is there any way to configure the pop-up so it only displays x number of scheduled shows, or the next x hours? When I bring it up the pop-up runs from the top of the screen to the bottom.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Sage Icon

Hey. Thanks for the plugin/utility, this is much better than using an RSS feed from the web sever to monitor these things.

One thing I'd like to point out, is that the sageutils.jar in the download is about a month or two older than the one I currently have installed. I just left the newer one, and it still appears to work. I think I had a 02/??/06 file date.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Wow... Do you really have that many shows scheduled?! Or is the app mis-behaving? I could certainly add a feature to limit the number. Should be easy to do. I'll add it to the next release.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:26 AM
Sage Icon

This utility doesn't work with Windows Vista. The tray icon complain that : "Error encountered Retrieving_WebServer_Info".

Note: I'm sure it's not a SageTV problem, my SageTV server is on a XP computer and using SageTray from a XP computer to this server is working perfectly.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
This utility doesn't work with Windows Vista. The tray icon complain that : "Error encountered Retrieving_WebServer_Info".

Note: I'm sure it's not a SageTV problem, my SageTV server is on a XP computer and using SageTray from a XP computer to this server is working perfectly.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Ok, this means that it was able to communicate with the getstatus plugin ok, but had issues communicating with the webserver. Are you using the same version of SageTray on the XP computer and the Vista computer? What version of SageTray are you using? And what version of the webserver are you using?

Also, are you sure the login configuration for the XP and Vista machine are set up the same way (user name and password for webserver)?

I don't have a Vista computer to test on, but I'll see what I can do to find one.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Are you using the same version of SageTray on the XP computer and the Vista computer?
Yes, I use the same version (the latest 1.1.12), was doing it also with old versions.
Quote:
And what version of the webserver are you using?
I'm using the 2.11 version.

Quote:
Also, are you sure the login configuration for the XP and Vista machine are set up the same way (user name and password for webserver)?
Yep, I'm sure the same configuration is used.

Quote:
I don't have a Vista computer to test on, but I'll see what I can do to find one.
Don't bother to find an available computer : use Virtual PC 2007 from Microsoft. I'm sure then you'll be able to find a Vista DVD to borrow and install it inside the virtual machine, and you'll be to use if for 30 days.

Note: as I'm also doing a lot of .Net dev. I can't see why it cannot work on Vista properly. I don't know how you contact the Web Server, but certainly with HttpWebRequest. All my stuff seems to work properly in Vista. However when switching from .Net 1.1 to .Net 2.0, I had to modify something in web requests regarding Proxy : yourWebRequest.Proxy = WebRequest.DefaultWebProxy; yourWebRequest.Proxy.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Wow... Do you really have that many shows scheduled?! Or is the app mis-behaving? I could certainly add a feature to limit the number. Should be easy to do. I'll add it to the next release.
It's listing the shows that are going to be recorded for days... A limit of the next x hours or the next x shows would be great. Thanks!

Old 04-14-2007, 10:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Version 1.1.13 posted

Just posted version 1.1.13. This adds the ability to limit the number of rows displayed in the recording schedule popup.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
It's listing the shows that are going to be recorded for days... A limit of the next x hours or the next x shows would be great. Thanks!

holy crap...how much HD space your sportin over there?
Old 04-14-2007, 04:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Yes, I use the same version (the latest 1.1.12), was doing it also with old versions.
I'm using the 2.11 version.

Yep, I'm sure the same configuration is used.

Don't bother to find an available computer : use Virtual PC 2007 from Microsoft. I'm sure then you'll be able to find a Vista DVD to borrow and install it inside the virtual machine, and you'll be to use if for 30 days.

Note: as I'm also doing a lot of .Net dev. I can't see why it cannot work on Vista properly. I don't know how you contact the Web Server, but certainly with HttpWebRequest. All my stuff seems to work properly in Vista. However when switching from .Net 1.1 to .Net 2.0, I had to modify something in web requests regarding Proxy : yourWebRequest.Proxy = WebRequest.DefaultWebProxy; yourWebRequest.Proxy.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

Regards,
Stéphane.
Stephane,
I just tried SageTray on Windows Vista Ultimate and it worked fine for me. Could a firewall setting be causing issues? (I am using SageTray 1.1.13 on the Vista machine and webserver version 2.13 on the server). To me, it sounds like the login settings for the webserver may not be correct on your Vista machine.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I just tried SageTray on Windows Vista Ultimate and it worked fine for me.../...To me, it sounds like the login settings for the webserver may not be correct on your Vista machine.
Bingo! The username is case sensitive. So all settings were fine, except I don't used a capital in the first letter of the username.

Thanks,
Stéphane.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Bingo! The username is case sensitive. So all settings were fine, except I don't used a capital in the first letter of the username.

Thanks,
Stéphane.
Glad to hear it is working now...
Old 04-15-2007, 03:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hello. This is a nice little application. I like it. After using it a few days, I notice that some Finnish characters do not render correctly in the popup. For example, this one: ä
It renders fine in Nielm's web server, and inside of Sage, but appears as a "?" in the SageTray popup. Could you fix non-English characters?
Like: ö, Ö, ä, Ä, å, Å, and the list goes one for other languages of course.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnttoker View Post
holy crap...how much HD space your sportin over there?
1TB at this point. A lot of the shows that it is recording are set up to only store a few episodes, so the oldest just keep being deleted.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder View Post
Hello. This is a nice little application. I like it. After using it a few days, I notice that some Finnish characters do not render correctly in the popup. For example, this one: ä
It renders fine in Nielm's web server, and inside of Sage, but appears as a "?" in the SageTray popup. Could you fix non-English characters?
Like: ö, Ö, ä, Ä, å, Å, and the list goes one for other languages of course.

Sure thing. I'll check into it. I think it's probably not too difficult to fix (a unicode vs. standard ascii problem). It would be helpful if you could send me an XML feed of some shows with the special characters. (Go into Web server and click the XML button at the top of the schedule. Save the output to a file and send it to k10ck3r@hotmail.com.). Thanks.

Last edited by k10ck3r; 04-15-2007 at 10:15 AM.