SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Sage Icon

Music - Folder Mode - Play All

When I'm in the Folder Mode for Music, if I click on a folder, Sage then displays all the subfolders in that folder. Finally, when I'm down into the last folder it allows me to do a Play All for all the music in that folder. But, is there a way to do a Play All for a parent folder? I'm thinking there's got to be a way but I can't figure out how. Ideally, I would like to turn the shuffle on (which I know how to do) and then play all the songs in all the child folders of a folder being displayed.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 02-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Administrator

Currently, it is set up to play only the items in that folder, instead of the items in the folder + items in all subfodlers. That can change in the future, but probably not right away.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:45 PM
Sage Icon

Is there another view I can go to so that it will play all the files? Here's something strange though - the other day I was playing a song in a sub-folder in the Folder view. I then had to disconnect the cat5 network cable and a minute or so later I reconnected it. Sage then started to randomly play all the songs in all the folders (I was in shuflle mode). So, I thought there may have been a way to do this. If I have a main folder called iTunes and a lot of sub-folders with the artist's names and their songs in those folders, I just want to play all the songs. I'm not sure if that is the best way to categorize all the songs or not. Is there a recommended way to categorize one's mp3 collection in Sage?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 02-23-2007, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Currently, the default STV doesn't have an option to play all music, but that will probably be added sometime in the future too. All music is played in a playlist as of v6, so it stops at the end of the playlist (or repeats) instead of continuing to play every song. Maybe you managed to get out of the playlist somehow when you disconnected & reconnect... not sure about that.

Anyway, the closest you can come currently is to select a genre or some other category that has most of your music & try playing that. I kind of like this method, since I have various genres that wouldn't sound right when played together.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Sage Icon

That would be great but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to add a bunch of songs to a playlist. It seems like I have to do each song one by one.

Mike
Old 02-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Just select the group in one of the other browser views & there will be an option to add all the music to a playlist, play it, etc.

Oh - I just remembered: for performance reasons (it can take a while to add lots of items to a playlist), if the group is very large, it may not offer to add it all to a playlist. You can increase this property, if you need to:

music/max_playlist_grouped_add=500

It will automatically group all the songs into their albums & add whole albums as single items, so the default limit of 500 should really be equivalent to several thousand songs.

- Andy