SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Sage Icon

Playing M2TS HD Files from the Sony HDR-SR1 Camcorder in SageTV?

I know it's a long shot, but has anyone been able to get .m2ts files that are generated using the Sony HDR-SR1 camcorder to play inside of SageTV?

I've added .m2ts files to the library imports, and see the file, but can't play it. It displays part of the picture, but has no sound, and is basically unwatchable.

I read a thread over at camcorderinfo about registering some .ax files that are installed when you install Sony Picture Motion Browser. I copied the .ax files from my other computer, which PMB is installed, over to the HTPC, in the /windows/system32 and registered them with the regsvr32 command, rebooted, and tried to play the video again.

For reference, this is the thread:
http://www.camcorderinfo.com/bbs/t132848.html

I noticed there are some .ax files in the SageTV/Common folder, so I wonder if they need to be there, or if it matters.

Anyone have any experience?