SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Sage User

Stuttering LIVE playback only video, audio is fine

Hey all,

I never had tried watching Live TV with my new setup until just now, when I got my new LCD TV in and was getting ready to hook it up. When I play live SDTV on my computer monitor using the 223 Nvidia Purevideo decoder set to Automatic/Best Available, any live TV plays fine for 1 second, freezes for .5 of a second, plays fine for 1 second, and so on repeatedly. The audio is unaffected while it's doing this. If I pause for even 1 second, then let it play back the buffered content, it works 100% perfectly, as do all my recordings. If I then skip back to the very end of the buffer, it plays back with the same hitching/stutter that it was doing. Does anyone know what could be wrong? My system specs and software configuration are below, as are the steps I've done to troubleshoot it already:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.3ghz
2GB OCZ Platinum XTC DDR2 Rev. 1 PC2-6400 RAM
eVGA 8800GTS @ 567/1950
Maxtor 7L300S0 300GB SATA HDD 16mb cache, with NCQ
Western Digital 250GB Caviar 2mb cache ATA100 IDE HDD
DVD+/-RW drive
2x ATI TV Wonder 550 Pro PCI TV tuners
Corsair HX520W PSU
(various other stuff)

Java 5.0 update4 with DST values fixed
XP SP2 with DST values fixed
nVidia PureVideo 223 decoder with hardware acceleration enabled
nVidia 97.92 video drivers
SageTV v5.0.4, service mode enabled, nVidia decoders in use (I see the tray icon when I play a video in Sage, and the bitrate meter shows properly)

Steps I've tried already that DON'T help:

1) Using the default SageTV decoder.
2) Setting the recording directory to be only on one of the two drives, tested both and it has the same issue regardless.
3) Changing the nVidia decoder's settings to different options.
4) Rebooting
5) Ignoring the problem and pretending it doesn't exist
6) Wishing it weren't happening

Thanks!!
Old 03-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Sage User

Bumperoni!
Old 03-09-2007, 05:59 PM
Administrator

Try increasing the videoframe/local_encoding_to_playback_delay property by 1000 or more. It is in milliseconds. (At least, I think that is the property to try...)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:37 PM
Sage User

Doesn't help, unfortunately .
Old 03-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Administrator

The property I suggested may not be the real solution, but just in case... did you close SageTV before editing the the properties file? And, which properties file did you edit? If using a client or the service, change SageClient.properties.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:32 AM
Sage User

Thanks... I thought of that this morning before checking for a follow-up reply, and made sure to close the service/sagemediacenter apps down fully before saving. With it set to 3000, it now is working perfectly.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:30 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to F3bandit Send a message via MSN to F3bandit Send a message via Yahoo to F3bandit
Lose the ATI tuners

Lose the ATI tuners, ATI's hardware is so so, A haugpauge is better than an ATI. ATI tuners aren't much different from thier all-in-wonders. And trust me they suck. I just replace My AIW and my TV wonder. I got the Nvidia DualTV PCI and "WOW". Huge difference! I am also using a pretty old video card and have no problems. ATI just blows and don't think they are going to get any better now that AMD owns them. AMD has always did their best to stay in Nvidia's good graces and "vice versa" you can get the Nvidia Dual TV PCI
@ http://www.pcalchemy.com/product_inf...cardstv-tuners

System

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ 2.41Ghz
ABIT NF8 v2.0 Mobo w/ Nforce3 NB, And a AMD Hammer SB
2x 1Gig OCZ Preformance PC3200 DDR Memory
Nvidia Geforce4 Ti 4600 128MB AGP
OCZ Adjustable 700w Powerstream PSU "PCI-E & SLI Compatable"
Seagate HDD
2x 80GB HDD IDE
1x 200GB HDD IDE
1x 300GB HDD SATA
Soundblaster X-FI Fata1ity Soundcard w/ 5 1/4 Bay Interface & remote