SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMYB77 View Post
So here is what it boils down to. The only reason SageTV will die is because they are not willing to develop the things that the competition already has. How does a company expect to stay in business when it's not trying to stay ahead of the competition?
I think this is what derailed your thread. Back to the point at hand though.

Have you looked into XLobby? There is a netflix plugin for it (don't know if it has been updated for VOD) and it can integrate with SageTV.

B
Old 03-31-2007, 10:38 AM
Sage User

Well unfortunately xLobby isn't suitable for me. I may just have to breakdown and go for VistaMCE. It has all the features except for Netflix (but that is soon to come). What has always been stopping me is the tuner limit. However that has been fixed with: http://mce.ramonvanbruggen.nl/. I don't have a need for extenders, I have 3 TVs (Livingroom, Bedroom, and kids Play room.) I have a computer in the bedroom, and living room, and I have a 360 in the kids play room. So it may be time to do the switch. It's the $160 I have invested on SageTV that keeps me with it, I guess it's time for $240 to get 2 Windows Vista Home Premium OEM DVDs.

Thanks all,
Armyb77
Old 03-31-2007, 12:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMYB77 View Post
Well unfortunately xLobby isn't suitable for me. I may just have to breakdown and go for VistaMCE. It has all the features except for Netflix (but that is soon to come). What has always been stopping me is the tuner limit. However that has been fixed with: http://mce.ramonvanbruggen.nl/. I don't have a need for extenders, I have 3 TVs (Livingroom, Bedroom, and kids Play room.) I have a computer in the bedroom, and living room, and I have a 360 in the kids play room. So it may be time to do the switch. It's the $160 I have invested on SageTV that keeps me with it, I guess it's time for $240 to get 2 Windows Vista Home Premium OEM DVDs.

Thanks all,
Armyb77
To assume that I hadn't ready the entire thread would be wrong... I just get the general vibe you'd rather not have Sage be worrying about the HD extender, and develop the extensions your asking for (saying it's going to lead to their demise if they don't).

As for MCE, if you're planning on doing that on more than 1 TV, play on buying x360's for each, 2 servers can't share media, so they'd both need tuners.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

plus the 360's can't natively play half the damn media you have anyway.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Not that it helps much but i would also pay $50 for an addin that worked with SageTV/Netflix VOD .. only catch is it would also have to work with the extenders