SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Time Warner Cable's new HD cable boxes

Does anybody have one of these? I was with Comcast and now Time Warner (they bought out Comcast in my area, DFW), but I have yet to get one of their "newer" HD boxes. I currently use the old Comcast Motorola 64xx box (which is the HD non-pvr model). The other day a TWC service tech was at a neighbor's house, and he mentioned TWC is handing out a new box by Scientific Atlanta. He couldn't recall the model number but said if I had any problems with mine, they would trade me out to the new box.

My concern is that I use a UIRT to change channels on the boxes I have, but don't know if it will be compatible with this new Scientific Atlanta box. I thought SA made boxes mainly for satellite??? and that those they made used a 56KHz IR remote. Problem is that I bought my UIRT without the 56KHz "add-on" because I never planned on using satellite.

any thoughts....
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?
Old 04-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Sage Icon

Could it be one of those? http://www.comcast.com/dvrsa/
Old 04-14-2007, 07:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

My Comcast HD box is a non DVR SA-3250, so you will possibly get the same box.
It does have firewire ports, but I haven't tried using those yet.
My HTPC is plugged into a non HD SA box (the 3100) and I can't get the USB-UIRT to learn the remote (it doesn't even blink).
So I think they all use 56khz remotes...but I could be wrong
Old 04-14-2007, 08:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Here in Milwaukee, Time Warner has run out of HD boxes. The info that I got last night from them, was that they are currently testing a Samsung box of some kind, but had no idea when an HD box would again be available. The rep indicated that they would no longer be using the Scientific Atlanta's.

She did direct me to the following page, which may or may not be helpful for some:

http://www.timewarnercable.com/Custo...51&MarketID=16
Old 04-17-2007, 02:34 PM

I'm using Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3250HD from TWC, Houston, TX. It's a HD box without DVR. It's a good box, I can change channel using Firewire. I'm not sure about UIRT, I have not use one before but I'm happy with Firewire changing channel. I'm trying to figure out how to record HD using Firewire. You can find more information here

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ht=firewire+hd

The only complain I have with this box is that it has HDCP issues with my Olevia TV if I use DVI to HDMI connection. There's no HDCP problem when I use it with just the TV or with component connection but when I use it with SageTV, the screen will display "HDCP Error - Press Exit" every time SageTV change channel. If I don't press exit, the whole show will be recorded with that error message in the middle of the screen so I'm using component connection for now.

Last edited by s15; 04-17-2007 at 02:37 PM.