SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

FIX for some MVP problems

I've had a non-workign wMVP for at least 2 months, till yesterday I could make it boot/work. Ive submited a bug report with my findings and im sharing it over here so other might find this usefull.

For some reason it seems that the TFTP server isnt binding to the correct interface when SageTV runs. For example, I had my LAN nic, and I had another virtual interface created by a DVB-S satellite card, so actually ANY other network card make MVP not being able to connect to the TFTP to get the firmware for it to boot. As soon as I deinstalled the virtual network interface of the DVB-S my MVP started working. (I was getting stuck on Locating server, sometimes I received an error Failed to locate GUI, but i couldt NEVER get it to work). Placeshifter clietns worked fine, even on multi network cards enviroments, this seems to happen just with MVP devices.

Ive already submited a bug report so the devs can look forward onto the TFTP server that is built in on Sage...

Old 04-16-2007, 10:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yeah, very easy to reproduce.

Had the problem after installing Xdrive (which creates a virtual network interface). MVP instantly no workie.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to wvpolekat Send a message via MSN to wvpolekat
If you search, there is a way to tell it which interface to bind to in the config.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvpolekat View Post
If you search, there is a way to tell it which interface to bind to in the config.
Care to post a link in this thread for the sake of completeness?
Old 04-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Sage User

My set up is a MVP and a NAS on two different networks and I've had the same problem (contacting servers...Forever!) when doing the last two sage updates. The first time I addressed the Nas network to 10.0.0.3, the MVP is on 192.168.1.1 and this helped. There is a link on one of the forums that leads to a MS knowledge base article which outlines setting the binding order and metric. The binding order can be set from; connect to > show all connections > advanced > advanced settings. This worked the first time but when I recently upgraded to 6.1 I had the same problem, the binding order was set correctly but I had to disable the Nas connection (in connect to > show all connectons) connect to the Mvp then reconnect the Nas and all was well.

Hope this helps