SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-30-2007, 07:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Video Import?

Ok, so I'm not sure if this is an issue with SageMC or if it's a SageTV issue. I'm new to SageTV (using a few weeks, but thrilled I made the switch from BTV), and I'm also new to having a DVD Library. I've been ripping DVD's to a mpg file for my kids' dvds. Now I go and put the mpg files in d:\movies , and the files are there, but at the same time, SageTV isn't seeing them. I even went so far as to "play other...." and afterwards it still doesn't see it. The first 2 I ripped are there, but the other two since I added the folder don't show up. So what's the trick to getting STV to see these?

Also, on another note, what's the best way to rip dvd's? I'm currently using a program that rips them to mpeg1 format, at roughtly 700mb per video. I'd love to get that size down some more if possible..... Guessing if I used divx it might, but that takes alot longer to convert......
Old 05-30-2007, 07:25 AM
Sage Fanatic

the video import libraries dont refresh automatically. You will have to go into the setup menu, and choose refresh imported media, and then when you go back to media centre, imported video's, they should then appear.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:33 AM
SageTVaholic

In SageMC, bring up the options menu in the video library, and select "Rescan Import Folders". You can also set "seeker/periodically_scan_library=true" in your properties file if you prefer having Sage scan for new import files periodically.

Dirk
Old 05-30-2007, 07:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, in SageMC I'm in the "My Video's" section. I don't see an options menu.

In the setup, where exactly should I be looking. I checked everything but didn't see it..... I'm leary of using the check periodically, because I'm doing a few a day, and I'm wanting to just import the data as soon as I dump the rip.

Also, on another note, is there a way to display cover art instead of a scene clip?

-Todd
Old 05-31-2007, 01:41 AM
Sage User

SageTV simply has problems with seeing imported files

The solution always prescribed by the Sage experts when this comes up is to simply rescan your imports. I know because I also posted this problem before. It doesn't work. SageTV simply has problems with seeing imported files. I have imports in assigned import directories that have been in there months and SageTV still doesn't see it. It is one of the many flaws of this software and at version 6 they still have not fixed it. If you want to find your files, use "browse" rather than going to media imports. Accept the flaw and work around it.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:54 AM
Sage Fanatic

What format are your files in? I haven't had any problems with avi or mpegs, though I don't use SageMC.

I might put it on my test pc and have a play.

Have you tried switching back to the standard stv, doing the rescan as I described before and trying that? then if they appear, switch back to sageMC.