SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
I too have this issue, but I could swear in the past if I started a recording from the recorded tv it would play from the start and not the current "live" portion. I am currently using the 6.2.4 beta, with the server running and the client. I have an nvidia dualtv tuner. It happens in both the standard stv and sagemc. I tried disabling the 'secret features' to see if that was an issue but typing 5309 in the information screen didn't seem to turn them off now. Okay got them off now, must've just had slow button pressing finger.

more testing reveals:
Selecting watch from anywhere takes me to the 'live' portion. Pressing skip back jumps back to the last point you really watched. So if you haven't watched anything yet really, it will go to the start. If you have watched a minute or so then stopped and select watch from anywhere again, once again you are at the 'live' portion and pressing skip back will take you to the point you actually stopped at. I do not remember this behavior in older versions of Sage I had. I don't watch a lot of live TV, but I do know for a fact that it was not like this at some point in the past.

Last edited by kricker; 07-10-2007 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've had problems like this for over a year, with many non-beta versions of Sage. It has ruined several football games for me.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeman View Post
I've had problems like this for over a year, with many non-beta versions of Sage. It has ruined several football games for me.
I also have always had this problem, back to Version 2 of Sage TV. I am not currently running the new beta.

As reported in a previous post, the Time bar reports that I am at the last watched position, but I am actually watching some point further ahead in the timeline. Pressing rewind returns the playback to the proper position.