SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

XBMC MyTV guide based on Nielms webserver EPG data

Hi,

Here is my first attempt to use Nielms webserver as a datasource for the XBMC MyTV guide script.

Install:

Download and install Mytv (current version is 1.16) from http://www.xbmcscripts.com/

copy: Favorite.png and Manual.png in mytv/system/genre, bbblib.py in mytv/system, us_SageTV.py in mytv/system/datasource and SageTV.py in mytv/system/saveprogramme

Edit heading section of SageTV.py to match your parameters: ip, port, user and password for Nielms webserver. Configuration of the datasource is in the GUI.

When first running the MyTV guide select us_SageTV as the data source and SageTV as the save program tool. Save programme method should be custom script only.

Favorite and Manual really need their proper icons - I abused the genre field to show scheduled recordings in the guide
bbblib.py has one line changed but otherwise as it refused to pass the '@' sign in the URL to retrieve the epg-list

Limitations:

- the script does not cache the webpages as I found it fast enough as it was
- cacheing can be switched on however as I used 'EpgList for next 5 days' as the data source (I haven't figured out how to use cookies yet) you will see following side-effect: if you scroll forward 3 days you will cache for that day the next 5 days starting 3 days ago (which is now).
- EpgList listing starts now - a programme that started a while ago may therefore not be listed as it appears not in the EpgList

- you can use the script to schedule a manual recording but there are not too many checks
- in principle it should be easy to use the same to cancel a recording but that has not been implemented yet
- same for padding but these 2 points are on the todo list
- when you have scheduled a recording the script returns to the guide - I haven't found a way to force a refresh so you need to exit and go back in to see the recording set

p.s.: should anyone object to the name of the script then I will of course happily change it.

Jan
Attached Files
File Type: zip MyTV_datasource.zip (20.3 KB, 581 views)
Old 07-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

time for an update:

- an error where it would only show the next 24 hrs correctly has been fixed - the script now gives 5 days of epg data provided your SageTV webserver has the data

- changed the icons for programmes scheduled for recording

- padding is implemented but values are fixed in the data definitions in the header of the /mytv/system/saveprogramme/sagetv.py script

- if a programme is scheduled for recording and you hit the recording button again the script will ask to cancel the recording or to leave it alone

- I modified the PMIII skin to match the BlueTwoDark skin from Coolwave/Krickers SageTV script but changing it for any other skin from that script is possible as well

- I posted a question on the forum where MyTV support is on how to refresh the screen after programming a recording so the recording icon would be updated - as soon I have a reply on that it's update time again

Jan
Attached Files
File Type: zip myTV.zip (203.2 KB, 501 views)
Old 12-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhh View Post
time for an update:

- an error where it would only show the next 24 hrs correctly has been fixed - the script now gives 5 days of epg data provided your SageTV webserver has the data

- changed the icons for programmes scheduled for recording

- padding is implemented but values are fixed in the data definitions in the header of the /mytv/system/saveprogramme/sagetv.py script

- if a programme is scheduled for recording and you hit the recording button again the script will ask to cancel the recording or to leave it alone

- I modified the PMIII skin to match the BlueTwoDark skin from Coolwave/Krickers SageTV script but changing it for any other skin from that script is possible as well

- I posted a question on the forum where MyTV support is on how to refresh the screen after programming a recording so the recording icon would be updated - as soon I have a reply on that it's update time again

Jan
Hi,

I just installed this script, but it doesn't seem to work with mytv 1.1.7 (I cannot find version 1.1.6 anymore).

Is there something you can do about this ?

thx
Old 12-23-2007, 06:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

Copy the attachment over a 1.17 install - I think that should work.

You have to edit config.dat for your server settings. It should work on a 2.21 version of the webserver.

On my xbmc the script sometimes locks up although these days it seems to behave again.

Thanks to BBB who helped out on the code.

Jan
Attached Files
File Type: zip mytv_latest.zip (374.0 KB, 489 views)
Old 12-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Sage User

Hi,

I did as you said, installed 1.1.7 and after changing config.dat to match my server data, I copied the files over the 1.1.7 installation.
Now mytv starts up again, and all my channels are loaded, but i don't have any program info (always No Programme)

Any clues ?

thx

Forgot to mention, I'm using webserver 2.15
Old 12-29-2007, 01:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper1705 View Post
Forgot to mention, I'm using webserver 2.15
The script is reading the output of the webserver and depends a lot on the formatting of the webpage. The script works only on webserver 2.20 and higher. If it is finding your channel list that is only because that bit of the html code did not change since version 2.15.

If you need to be on 2.15 for some reason you could install a SageTV client and have 2.20 or higher on that. It is what I did when I was on a different version of the webserver for the XBMC script. Both that one and MyTV can run from 2.20 or higher now so I don't have a reason to have 2 Sage webservers running anymore.

Jan