SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Modifying Channel Schedules

I'm using the internal EPG system to get my listings. I'd like to update the listings for the premium sports channels for MLBXI, NFLST, etc. I've managed to get the listings off the web and now I'm ready to modify the schedule for the channels in Sage. The idea seems simple:

AddShow()
AddAiring()

However, the API docs for AddAiring() stopped me in my tracks, "This call should be used with caution."

So my question is, if I add an airing that overlaps with an existing airing, what happens? Does the new entry delete and replace the old one (ideal) or does the new entry get ignored (not so ideal) or does my wiz.bin get corrupted (reason I hesitate to experiment)?

Help appreciated.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:46 PM
SageTVaholic

For those wondering, adding a show then adding airings that overlap with data from the EPG download works as expected. When you add a new airing that overlaps with an existing airing in the schedule, the old one is removed and the new one replaces it. If the new airing creates gaps of no data in the schedule then this is allowed.