SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm having more fun watching the guide animations and pop-out expanding windows than the programming on DirecTV! Love the way the guide "slides".

Rob
Old 09-30-2007, 07:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac View Post
wow, I had no idea that a 1.8Ghz P4 could transcode HD to an MVP. I always thought that a lot more power is needed.
oooops, I mistyped that, it should have been a 2.8Ghz P4.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm lovin' the new animations with SageMC 6.3.4 - the effect are brilliant!

Just though I'd share
Old 10-01-2007, 09:07 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkatchalov View Post
I'm lovin' the new animations with SageMC 6.3.4 - the effect are brilliant!

Just though I'd share
Not sure why the animations are hidden. They are very cool indeed.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybrew View Post
Not sure why the animations are hidden.
Because they're not officially supported yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
There is a secret animation system under development...
Old 10-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post

2 things that actually make sage easier to use with the animations (really) are the smooth scrolling (its easier on the eye, because it's easier to follow where the next item you are looking for is, especially if you use PgDn), and the way the selection highlight moves to it's next position: I often had to look for it on 6.1, while in 6,2, it drags the eye to the new position.
I was going to make exactly this comment: having enabled the animations, I think they make the system easier to use. For example when scrolling through a long list of recordings, the smooth scroll make it much easier to keep track of where you are. And contrary to my experience with many UI animations, they don't appear to slow down my operation of the system and cause overall irritation. That might be partly to do with using a remote control, which can't accept rapid keypresses anyway.

I like the addition!
Old 10-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have a powerfull system and they seem to slow down when I have video playing. Its more noticiable on Google or Youtube is playing and I have the EPG up.

Other than that it looks slick.

Technazz
Old 10-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Administrator

API docs available

Update: the docs for the animation API calls listed in the first post of this thread are now available in the online Studio API docs, as part of the Utility class.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Great; thanks, Andy.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Administrator

Just to add my comments to the feedback: I've been going through the STV looking for any dialogs that simply pop into view instead of using an animation to appear & while doing so, I've noticed that I now find it jarring when a dialog immediately pops into view instead of zooming in/out.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
I have a powerfull system and they seem to slow down when I have video playing. Its more noticiable on Google or Youtube is playing and I have the EPG up.

Other than that it looks slick.

Technazz
We still love the animation, but yes ....
The animation on the EPG without video playing is very smooth. The EPG animation with video does not judder, but is not quite as smooth as without the video.

Striving for perfection .........
Do you think these kind of performance issues get solved as the Sage animation coding is streamlined / improved?
I have a reasonable core2duo system (see spec), so would I need a better unit or graphics card to achieve an all singing all dancing perfect SageTV?
Old 10-03-2007, 07:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcandu View Post
We still love the animation, but yes ....
The animation on the EPG without video playing is very smooth. The EPG animation with video does not judder, but is not quite as smooth as without the video.

Striving for perfection .........
Do you think these kind of performance issues get solved as the Sage animation coding is streamlined / improved?
I have a reasonable core2duo system (see spec), so would I need a better unit or graphics card to achieve an all singing all dancing perfect SageTV?
I have the same results.. The highlight bar stutters to the next position during playback.
Sage 6.2.10
SageMC 6.3.4
MB:Asus p5b deluxe, E6600, 1 gig ddr2-1066
7950gt and purevideo

This feature is great!! I'm glad to see Flachbar is using it, maybe we will get more animations in SMC...
Old 10-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Sage User

Any way to enable these animations in Placeshifter?

Server: Win10Pro, GigaByte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H, AMD 64 x2 5600, 4GB Dual Channel RAM, 1-DCT-3416 / 2-DCX3400 via FireWire & Unisheen BM3000-HDMI Encoder, NMedia 200SA Case, Crystalfontz 632, USBUIRT, Client & Placeshifter license, 2x HD300 extenders, 2x HD200 extenders.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by baudfather View Post
It works in placeshifter.

I had to select the right STV in Setup>Detailed Setup>Advanced to get it to work. I selected STV3.xml and it worked like a charm.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just tried this out for the first time today. The animations are very cool.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by baudfather View Post
You can edit the property controlling the animations in the Placeshifter's properties file, found in the 'clients' subdirectory of the SageTV install dir.

- Andy
Old 10-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
You can edit the property controlling the animations in the Placeshifter's properties file, found in the 'clients' subdirectory of the SageTV install dir.

- Andy
Sweet! Thanks!

Server: Win10Pro, GigaByte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H, AMD 64 x2 5600, 4GB Dual Channel RAM, 1-DCT-3416 / 2-DCX3400 via FireWire & Unisheen BM3000-HDMI Encoder, NMedia 200SA Case, Crystalfontz 632, USBUIRT, Client & Placeshifter license, 2x HD300 extenders, 2x HD200 extenders.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

One thing I have noticed with the new animations (maybe this is SageMC related?) is when scrolling in the guide, the guide data will shift down a row, but the selection will not actually change. You have to hit down/up again to select the newly displayed row in the guide. It seems that it would be more intuitive for the selection to change at the same time that the guide shifts up/down.

Is this a problem with my setup, or is this how the new guide animations are intended to work?
Old 10-10-2007, 07:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmolnar View Post
One thing I have noticed with the new animations (maybe this is SageMC related?) is when scrolling in the guide, the guide data will shift down a row, but the selection will not actually change. You have to hit down/up again to select the newly displayed row in the guide. It seems that it would be more intuitive for the selection to change at the same time that the guide shifts up/down.

Is this a problem with my setup, or is this how the new guide animations are intended to work?
Animations in the EPG are not fully implemented yet in SageMC.

Dirk
Old 10-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Animations in the EPG are not fully implemented yet in SageMC.

Dirk
That will do it!