SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-15-2007, 10:12 PM
Sage User

Adjust Start Time/End Time for consecutive shows

I tried recording three shows this evening. They are all on the same channel (NBC) - Chuck, Hereos, The Journeyman. Originally, I used the default settings for start and end times (0/0 padding) for all of these shows. I found that the timing was off by about 3 minutes. So I was getting the first 3 minutes of Heroes during the last three minutes of Chuck. So I tried shifting everything back 3 minutes. This seems to have made everything worse. Now I noticed that the first 5 minutes of Heroes are missing.

Here's how I had it set:
Chuck -- Start = 3 minutes before, End = 1 minute before
Hereos -- Start = 3 minutes before, End = 1 minute before
The Journeyman -- Start = 3 minutes before, End = 1 minute before.

I'm guessing the 3 minute / 1 minute discrepancy probably screwed things up. But why did it end up missing the first 5 minutes of Heroes? Should all of these be set to 3 minutes before??

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Administrator

How many tuners do you have? If you have more than 1, do you have the option set to remote paddig on back to back Favorites on the same channel? If that option is set & you have multiple tuners, try turning it off so that each show keeps its own padding.

If you only have 1 tuner, then you need to keep the start & stop padding the same or else you could create a conflict for shows that aren't re-aired & thus can't get scheduled to record at another time. (And, yes, this conflict could result in a show starting to record a few minutes late sometimes.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Three minutes off sounds like your system clock might be drifting. Make sure you sync it once a day or so to a reliable time source.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Something was up with Heroes. It was off by a few minutes and I had to end the recording early in order to get CSI which started on another channel but supposedly after Heroes...
Old 10-16-2007, 07:38 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
How many tuners do you have? If you have more than 1, do you have the option set to remote paddig on back to back Favorites on the same channel? If that option is set & you have multiple tuners, try turning it off so that each show keeps its own padding.

If you only have 1 tuner, then you need to keep the start & stop padding the same or else you could create a conflict for shows that aren't re-aired & thus can't get scheduled to record at another time. (And, yes, this conflict could result in a show starting to record a few minutes late sometimes.)

- Andy
I have an HDHomeRun, which has 2 tuners. One is connected to an antenna for OTR (8VSB) the other is connected to cable for QAM. The same station, WMTVDT (NBC), is available over the air and on cable. So, I would assume that if the first show was using the QAM tuner, the second show could use the 8VSB tuner.

I haven't set the option for remote padding on back to back Favorites. I didn't know this option existed. I'll look into this to see if it is set by default.

Thanks,
Gregg
Old 10-16-2007, 07:40 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
Three minutes off sounds like your system clock might be drifting. Make sure you sync it once a day or so to a reliable time source.
The system clock is set to sync every day. I have never noticed my clock drifting, but I'll pay attention to this as well.

Thanks