SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Question Online Services Upgrades in 6.3.2?

So, I'm unable to upgrade to the Beta right now - but am dying to know what all this means! Anyone who's seen it able to elaborate?

=============

The big new feature in V6.3.2 is we've added 125 new selections to the online services menu.

Added LOTS of additional content to the Online Services menu.

=============

Media Server / NAS:
Case: Thermaltake Armor CPU: AMD Opteron 1218 (2.6GHz Dual Core) Motherboard: ASUS MN2-LR Memory: 2GB Gfx Card: Headless Tuner: Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge PVR-350 (not in use) O/S: Windows 7 Sage: Latest RAID: On-Board Drives: 6 x 1.5TB SATA RAID-5, 2 x 80GB IDE RAID-1 (O/S) Storage: 7.5TB Total
Old 11-21-2007, 11:03 PM
Administrator

There are lots of new entries under the content categories of HD videos, kids & family, educational, home & garden, sports, entertainment, and news.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:23 AM
Sage Icon

High-Definition Online Services in 6.3.2 picture quality

The High-Definition Services is not the best HD picture quality wise that I ever seen online. The NASA playback had a lot of pixelation going on there but it's a hell of a lot better then the usual online video fair via the Tube or googles, so that's a step forward

btw: If you planning on watching the Hubble telescope HD videos go to the bathroom then maybe make a nice sandwich..................... the downloads takes that long

Overall, Good addition to sage

Last edited by Fluffdaddy; 11-22-2007 at 07:32 AM.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Wow, awesome. Thanks for the details. Can't wait to see this in action!
Media Server / NAS:
Case: Thermaltake Armor CPU: AMD Opteron 1218 (2.6GHz Dual Core) Motherboard: ASUS MN2-LR Memory: 2GB Gfx Card: Headless Tuner: Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge PVR-350 (not in use) O/S: Windows 7 Sage: Latest RAID: On-Board Drives: 6 x 1.5TB SATA RAID-5, 2 x 80GB IDE RAID-1 (O/S) Storage: 7.5TB Total
Old 11-22-2007, 10:37 AM
Sage Icon

Anyone know how much of this will play through the MVP?

All?
Old 11-22-2007, 10:45 AM
SageTVaholic

I created a MenuItemLet if you use Dynamic Menus

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=390

B
Old 11-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Sage User

I like it. Sort of a preset list of podcasts. It's got some of my favorite ones on there (Buzzout Loud, Diggnation, etc). Would be nice to be able to add your own feeds, though. I'd love to get Cranky Geeks, DL.TV, etc...
Old 11-22-2007, 01:39 PM
Sage User

increased buffers?

The online section is so cool! especially for those living outside the US.

But - here lies the problem - some of us don't have a true broadband connection to the Internet... I mean I've got a 2.5mbps DSL link but the latency and oversubscription on the international link make it so-so.

I don't mind waiting a bit more for the videos to buffer - is there a way to increase this buffer, which would in turn reduce stuttering.

Great work Sage guys... Love playing with these betas...
Old 11-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Sage Icon

Some of the online videos can't be streamed, it must download the entire thing first. What sucks is SageTV is locked during the download, meaning you can't do anyhting else while its downloading unless you cancel the download. It would be nice if you can put the downloads on a queue list or set a bunch of videos to download and watch them later when they are done downloading. In the meantime, you can watch other shows while it's downloading.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac View Post
Some of the online videos can't be streamed, it must download the entire thing first. What sucks is SageTV is locked during the download, meaning you can't do anyhting else while its downloading unless you cancel the download. It would be nice if you can put the downloads on a queue list or set a bunch of videos to download and watch them later when they are done downloading. In the meantime, you can watch other shows while it's downloading.
I sent this suggestion in an email to SageTV, would suggest many do the same. I added that the queueing mechanism from the conversion process could be reutilized allowing to you to mark a bunch of videos for later viewing.

B
Old 11-22-2007, 07:49 PM
Sage User

Or maybe a subscription mechanism to the feeds so you always have the latest X number of shows downloaded.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:49 AM
Sage User

correction to my post - the HD (streaming) videos simply hang after a few seconds due to the 'too small for me' buffer AND don't resume even after lots of data has been downlowaded...
Old 11-23-2007, 06:47 AM
Sage Icon

Here's a video screen capture of the online services for those wondering: Link

As you can see, it's very neat feature and now comparable to Vista's MCE offereings. But being in beta, there are still some bugs as you can see it was unabled to connect to one of the videos. Some features needs to be added, like a download queue list as suggested above. And as requested many times before, a playlist or bookmark feature (for youtube and Google video) is needed.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:49 AM
Sage User

Here's an interesting idea for the online streaming... well, instead of just using the rotating circle - create a download process bar - at least this way we can see:
1. something is moving (meaning - the system didn't hang or something)
2. how long is it going to take before something will show up (meaning - can I go get a coffee in the meantime?)

well apparently, much like what happens in the sports - speed videos...

Last edited by sivilya; 11-23-2007 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcP View Post
I like it. Sort of a preset list of podcasts. It's got some of my favorite ones on there (Buzzout Loud, Diggnation, etc). Would be nice to be able to add your own feeds, though. I'd love to get Cranky Geeks, DL.TV, etc...
I agree with being able to add your own. I thought I was missing something! I figured that it had to be there, somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

What's there works pretty well for me, but I'm in Time Warner country. I get 12Mbps download speeds around here.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Sage Icon

Looks good, thanks for the vid. Looks a lot like Miro, the open source Joost competitor.

P
Old 11-26-2007, 12:00 AM
Sage User

Excellent update - really like where this is going. Agree with several regarding subscribing and/or queue for download.

I managed to add another feed by updating the files here:
...\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\OnlineVideos
(I just duplicated the diggnation lines and replaced with the new data)

Some additional thoughts:
- add a new class(es) of favorites which retrieves from internet 'channels'
- add to recorded shows just like any recorded tv show

Regards,
gk
Old 11-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Sage Expert

I watched a few clips this weekend on my client PC.

:up:

Great job. Thanks sage!
Old 11-28-2007, 10:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

I agree with previous comments. The Online Video's should be treated as other recordings. Meaning that I should be able to download the videos instead of buffering....waiting....playing...buffering... repeat. If anything stops the download, I have to repeat the buffering. If I want to watch a video again after leaving the video I have to stream or download again. I should be able to save my recordings so as not to repeat a lengthy download process.

So all in all I would like to see:
An option to download and save any video.
A download queue.
Multiple downloads at the same time.
View videos in Recordings.

Lastly, what's with the Full HD Hubble videos.
I couldn't play them without stuttering. The regular HD Hubble videos were fine though.