SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Sage User

Customization Help - Please

I have read all I can find but still am frustrated.

I have installed the following customizations to same folders/path as organized in zip files but I don't notice any changes. (No external programs menu, no IMDB menu, no CC menu, etc..)

from: http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ead.php?t=7953
SageMC 16x9 by mlbdude: SageMC_169_5_10
Nielm Dynamic Customisable Main Menu: dynamic_menu_import_5_6
Closed Caption Playback by JREkiwi: Caption_Playback_119

I have checked out
http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugin...uleDynamicMenu
for troubleshoot help but it doesn't apply.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Sorry for the n00b question.
What else do I need to do?

Thanks!
Old 12-18-2007, 06:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Installing the files on your disk is just the first step. To actually use an alternate UI such as SageMC, you have to select it from within Sage using Setup > Detailed Setup > Advanced > SageTV Application Package.

Similarly, to use an add-on with the stock UI, you have to load it into Sage using Setup > Detailed Setup > Advanced > Import SageTV Application Package. No doubt there's some similar command for loading add-ons into SageMC, but I'm not a SageMC user so I can't give you specific instructions on that.

Note that add-ons are designed for a specific UI, so add-ons meant for the stock UI won't work with SageMC, and vice versa.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Sage Icon

What version of Sage are you using?

The SageMC version you mentioned is an older one, and looks to be for SageV4. With Sage at V6.3 now, you need to be using the current SageMC version which can be found at http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ad.php?t=17979

Same thing with the dynamic menus v5.6, they are for an older build of Sage. Current version is at v6.3 which will support newer builds of Sage.

If you are gonna use the SageMC UI, you don't need to install the dynamic menus plug-in. SageMC has it's own dynamic menus built-in.

The copy of the CC import is current, and will work in either the stock UI or the SageMC UI, but may or may not be backwords compatable with older builds of Sage.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Sage User

Thanks to both of you! I got it working. I was using the wrong files.