SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Sage User

Error 1904 AUDIO_PREVIEW.dll failed to register (installation problem)

Hi folks,

While trying to install the latest version of SageTV last night, I kept getting an "Error 1904" when the installer tried to register AUDIO_PREVIEW.dll. I scoured the web and only found one post here from 2005, and it doesn't look like the problem was ever solved:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...IO_PREVIEW.dll

I'd appreciate any advice...I tried registering it manually to no avail. Is this dll critical for the system to operate properly? I'll have 2 SageTV Clients running in my house as well, and I'm really wanting to try the Placeshifter on my notebook when I'm traveling...

Thanks for your help!
Dave
Old 01-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Just hit "Ignore" and let it move on. You can submit it to support as an installer issue, but if nothing has changed in this much time, it most likely is nothing critical.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.