SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-23-2004, 08:33 PM
Sage Expert

Deleting shows in v2

umm...how to you delete shows? The option button on my remote doesn't seem to do anything now. If I select the show it starts playing it in the preview window and gives me the option menu. I then tell it to delete the show, but it doesn't delete. The show keeps playing in the preview window and it takes me back to the Recorded shows menu.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yep the option context menus seem to be gone for everything.... including DVD watching.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:05 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to DjJohn97 Send a message via Yahoo to DjJohn97
I have noticed that when I use the menus using the keybord or mouse to delete the program asks if I would like to delete the show. I say yes, but the show still is not deleted.

This might potentially be a bug or maybe I am doing it wrong. Does anyone have any advice?
Old 01-23-2004, 10:37 PM
Sage Icon

This always happened to me in 1.4 also. I could never delete shows from inside the interface.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally posted by DjJohn97
I have noticed that when I use the menus using the keybord or mouse to delete the program asks if I would like to delete the show. I say yes, but the show still is not deleted.

This might potentially be a bug or maybe I am doing it wrong. Does anyone have any advice?
Make sure that you are not currently watching the program. Select another program to watch and then the delete should work just fine. I am guessing that SageTV is seeing that someone is still watching that program so won't let you delete it (the fact that it is you who is watching it doesn't seem to make a difference).
Old 01-23-2004, 11:02 PM
Sage Expert

I too am unable to delete a show. I'm not sure how to select another show and then go back to the other show w/o it starting the show I want to delete.
Old 01-24-2004, 12:34 AM

Instead of selecting the program you wish to delete, get "info" for the program by pressing ctrl-I (or the corresponding remote button). This will bring you to the options menu without actually previewing the show and seems to allow deletions. The option command (ctrl-o) doesn't seem to do anything any more.

Worked for me.

Oh, make sure you are previewing another show (other than the one you want to delete) prior to using ctrl-I on the show you wish to delete.

Last edited by iamhere; 01-24-2004 at 12:38 AM.
Old 01-24-2004, 12:40 AM
Sage Expert

I tried that with no luck. Even though it is previewing another show, and asks for confirmation of delete, it doesn't delete it. It just takes me back to the program listings with that show still listed. I think I'm going to request some way to auto-mute or auto-pause the live preview option. Maybe I'll just get used to it.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:30 AM
Administrator

I'll chime in too...

It does seem that you have to preview/watch another show, then return to the list of recordings, select "info" for the show to delete, & then finally delete it.

It won't delete if it is still in use, but that was not a problem in version 1.4. I suppose this is possibly a result of the preview actually being in use while viewing the info screen? It certainly makes it a pain when trying to delete the show.

- Andy
Old 01-24-2004, 01:34 PM
Sage User

I agree also. When you have a bunch of old programs you want take a quick look at one and then just hit the "info" button and delete and have it gone. If you are trying to delete the program you are previewing, Sage should send a "stop" first to the current preview and then a delete. Seems like now it is trying to delete a program that is in use, so it won't delete.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

This is a major issue that I hoped would be fixed in V2. Sage has never deleted shows even when you think it has. If you have a lot of HD space it just leaves them there causing major problems for me. I have 3 huge hard drives so everything I have ever recorded or watched is still there. Now in version 2, not only are they still on the HD, but now they still show in my recording listings. So now I have hundreds of programs listed that I don't want.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:11 PM
Sage User

Well, (in 1.4) if you told sage it could delete a show when it asked when you finished watching it, it may or may not delete it, but I never had a problem when I brought up the options menu and told it explicitly to delete it.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

In 1.4 they would no longer show in your recordings when you did an explicit delete but they were still there, unless you run out of HD space. Believe me everything I ever deleted is still on my HD and now show up in the recordings list again in V2.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:57 PM
Sage User

it would actually delete the show from my hard drive when I explicitly told it to delete. I know this because I have been working with about 10 gigs free max, so I have been very diligent about making sure that I don't run out of room. Unless Sage considers anything from 10 gigs down to be little enough space to delete immediately, it worked for me.
Old 01-24-2004, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Sage 1.4 would also delete it for me when I told it to delete the file via the context menu (right click). I thikn there were a few taht didn't go away, but most of the time the 'ordered' deletion actually worked.

Now, being asked if the show could be deleted, recordings stopped in mid-program, and accidenta live TV snippets never went away, since I never allowed the drive to get full & never exited Sage.

- Andy
Old 01-24-2004, 04:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

I don't know what Sage considers low, but I have over 500 Gig on my server and it deleted almost nothing. (I would say nothing but I can't be sure). I just spent over an hour deleting several hundred shows I thought were deleted.
Old 01-24-2004, 07:57 PM
SageTVaholic

FWIW I just got 2.0 installed deleted something and as soon as I changed to something else it dissapeared from the recordings (it's still on the drive though, we'll see if it goes away on it's own).