SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:18 AM
Sage Expert

Arrow STV Import: TMG for SageMC

Here is a new mini guide I put together that is similiar to the Tivo guide on Directv... Let me know what you think..

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=212
Old 02-19-2008, 08:02 AM
Sage Expert

Found a small issue, I have uploaded a new 1.1 version... Sorry for the inconvience...
Old 02-19-2008, 10:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Looks nice! Does it pull the color from the theme? I.E. the blue alpha part looks like the default menu color in SageMC - but lots of the themes change that to a black alpha.

btl.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:44 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks... Right now, it is using the OptionMenuColor for the frame, I had planned on looking into the themes and other animations once the logic was solid.

I am glad you posted, I had a question for you about the AMG miniguide . On my system, I added an addional option for the style to include the AMG guide and my custom guide, but for the STVI, I had to place my miniguide panel under the "External" if statement. I like to switch to switch back and forth on the guides on occation, but I found your import has the same issue that mine does, that it seems to append on the branch and causes both guides to show at the same time as well as cause issues with upgrades. I have been working on a import process that will clean up all references before the import so it can do a fresh import. Have you found a way to get that to work on your import?

Also, When is the next release??? Looking forward to it...

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 02-29-2008, 06:44 PM
Sage Expert

I have uploaded a new version with a revamp of some of the guide logic to speed it up and also made come changes to use the current theme colors.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 04-19-2008, 08:53 AM
Sage User

Do you know how I can uninstall "SageMC Advanced Mini Guide v 1.3"?

I would like to try yours - I wish I had found yours first. This is the one I used with Tivo for years.

Thanks,
Andrew
Old 04-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

possible RTL support

Well cool,

Is it a way to make it RTL (Right To Left) support for hebrew arabic and so...

Thanks again
Old 04-19-2008, 02:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew54 View Post
Do you know how I can uninstall "SageMC Advanced Mini Guide v 1.3"?

I would like to try yours - I wish I had found yours first. This is the one I used with Tivo for years.

Thanks,
Andrew
Go back and load your original SageMC_169.xml and add back your other plugins. Don't import AMG but import TMG instead.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Sage User

jphipps here are some of my experiences using your mini guide. I have used it a lot with a keyboard (will use it with a remote soon).
When scrolling down the channel numbers on the left it would start gowing down and then it would go back to the top after going down a few channels. If I kept pressing the down key it would eventually go all the way down. Sometimes it would let me scroll to the higher numbered channels but usually when it got to the end of that page it would go back to the top of the page.
When scrolling down the shows on the right side it was even more frustrating because it would go down a few and then back to left side of the screen. On the right side I was never able to go to the bottom of the page before it would go back to the left side of the screen.
Am I the only one having these issues?
I look forward to any suggestions or updates. It looks great. I have some ideas on slightly improving the look. I still have Tivo and can see how it looks there. I have a the cable Tivo (none DirectTV) which had some improvements over the Direct TV version.
Feel free to write back here and you can also PM me with your email address if you would like to work faster on this. This is a great project and something I will use for years to come.
Thanks,
Andrew
Old 04-20-2008, 01:04 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo View Post
Well cool,

Is it a way to make it RTL (Right To Left) support for hebrew arabic and so...

Thanks again
Thanks, I am not sure what you mean, are you refering to have the channel list on the right and show listing on the left?

-Jeff
Old 04-20-2008, 01:11 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew54 View Post
jphipps here are some of my experiences using your mini guide. I have used it a lot with a keyboard (will use it with a remote soon).
When scrolling down the channel numbers on the left it would start gowing down and then it would go back to the top after going down a few channels. If I kept pressing the down key it would eventually go all the way down. Sometimes it would let me scroll to the higher numbered channels but usually when it got to the end of that page it would go back to the top of the page.
When scrolling down the shows on the right side it was even more frustrating because it would go down a few and then back to left side of the screen. On the right side I was never able to go to the bottom of the page before it would go back to the left side of the screen.
Am I the only one having these issues?
I look forward to any suggestions or updates. It looks great. I have some ideas on slightly improving the look. I still have Tivo and can see how it looks there. I have a the cable Tivo (none DirectTV) which had some improvements over the Direct TV version.
Feel free to write back here and you can also PM me with your email address if you would like to work faster on this. This is a great project and something I will use for years to come.
Thanks,
Andrew
What versions of software are you running? I have been using it with the client, MVP and HD1000 and have not seen it do that.

Any suggestions would be great, I still use the Tivo Directv box as well. I had tried to get the graphics to look a little more like it, but Sage's graphics are a little finiky and any kind of overlap of shapes would cause the color to change in that area....

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 04-20-2008, 02:36 AM
Sage User

I'm using Version 1.2 and I downloaded it today.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks, Andrew
Old 04-20-2008, 07:04 AM
Sage Expert

What version of Sage and SageMC are you using and what platform? Currently I have it running on the latest Sage 6.3.10 and SageMC 6.3.7a on Windows.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 04-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Sage User

Jeff,
Sorry I usally put that information in all my post.
SageTV V6.3.10
SagMC V6.3.7a
Java V1.6.0_05
Microsft.NET V2 SP1
Windows XP SP2

Posted with ForumPilot Freeware v1.1
Old 04-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Sage Expert

I just sent you a PM..

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 04-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Sage User

It is working now. Not sure why but here are some of things I did.

I tried about six times to make it work and even one time re-installing it.

On the seventh try the only thing different is that I was watching a recorded show instead of live TV. It now works all the time.

Thanks for the help,
Andrew
Old 04-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Sage User

Here are the things I see that are different or would help if improved.

1. In the upper left the day of the week is missing before the date. This is very helpful when I have heard that the show is on Thursday on ABC but don't know the date or time. With Tivo I just go to the day of the week and that channel and find the show to record. (Tivo shows the day of the week)

2. It only showed 7 days of EPG when I have 14 days of EPG

3. When it does run out of EPG data I would rather see it say "No Data" than for it to return to the left side of the screen. Now it seems like it is doing something wrong. (It would be more like Tivo)

4. The ability to change the transparency color (Background Alpha color). It now looks light blue but if it was grey the contrast would be greater. With that and the setting of "Background Alpha" it would make it easier to read. (more Tivo like) These color settings for the guide should be separate from the theme because it has more to do with readability than looks.

This is the best guide and the only one I will use.

Thanks again for the help,
Andrew

Last edited by Andrew54; 04-22-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:40 PM

Help getting TMG MiniGuide to work

Windows XP Pro SP3
SageTV v6.6.2.218
SageMC v6.3.9a

After importing the SageMC_TMG_1.2.xml file everything is normal until I come to the step to select the "External STVi" file in the "Miniguide Style" button. The only option available is Default of Old Style. In the "OSD Style" button I can select either Default or External STVi, which I did but still does not work. As a recap the "OSD Style" button options are either "Default/External STVi". The "MiniGuide Style button options are either "Default/Old Style". Please help because this guide is what I used for years with Tivo and love.