SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-25-2004, 11:34 AM
Sage User

SageTV ignoring keyboard commands

I was wondering if anyone else was having a problem with v2.0 sporadically ignoring keyboard commands. It seems like the problem happens when I enter keystrokes quickly ( time shifting throught a video) or when watching a video for a while and reactive focus to the sagetv window and try to perform a keyboard command. It has also occured in the menus and tv guide. When it does occur the mouse and left button still work fine, however the scroll wheel does not. If I let sagetv be for a little while (1-5 min) the problem usually disappears. This has occured about a dozen times so far. I have already submitted a bug report and was just wondering if I was the only one having this problem.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:18 PM
Sage User

I might have had this problem... I was in the program search screen, and found the select and back keys stopped functioning. I was still able to type in title names from the keyboard, but since select didn't work, I couldn't do so from the remote. because neither select or back worked, I wasn't able to exit the screen. I was too impatient to wait the 1-5 minutes for it to respond, so I can't be sure it was the same thing. Restarting it fixed everything. I didn't put in a bug report for it because I didn't know what I did to make it happen, and it hasn't happened since...
Old 01-25-2004, 02:22 PM
Sage Icon

Re: SageTV ignoring keyboard commands

Quote:
Originally posted by hamptonhills
I was wondering if anyone else was having a problem with v2.0 sporadically ignoring keyboard commands. It seems like the problem happens when I enter keystrokes quickly ( time shifting throught a video) or when watching a video for a while and reactive focus to the sagetv window and try to perform a keyboard command. It has also occured in the menus and tv guide. When it does occur the mouse and left button still work fine, however the scroll wheel does not. If I let sagetv be for a little while (1-5 min) the problem usually disappears. This has occured about a dozen times so far. I have already submitted a bug report and was just wondering if I was the only one having this problem.
Is SageTV dumping anything to the log when this happens?
Old 01-25-2004, 03:20 PM
Sage User

Don't know...but will check.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've had this problem as well... I posted another post about it 'Losing Control'... but I've seen it stop accepting remote commands to. Mouse still works for things currently on the screen, but no scroll.

Nothing was dumping to the logs on mine. I would have to hit X it would shutdown as normal, and work after I started it back up. I reinstalled sage, Java, and it was still breaking. Then I reinstalled, re upped the music patch, and it hasn't hung since.. well over a day now.. SO I'M NOT SURE what it was... I thought about a bug request too, but again I couldn't replicate anything.. because it could be 3 button presses or 15..

Glad to know it wasn't just me!!
Old 01-25-2004, 09:24 PM
SageTVaholic

I've had no problems so far, no matter how fast I press things. However I'm using girder with the Sendmessage plugin as opposed to sending keystrokes.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:35 AM
Sage Fanatic

I've seen the issue as well.

The keyboard would stop responding.. At least as far as the arrow keys go.. But the weird thing is if I use the onscreen keyboard, it works??? I thought it was just an artifact of VNC. (I'm trying Sage2 from work on my home machine) But maybe it's
not....

Jim