SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 01-25-2004, 01:40 PM
Sage User

How to awake SageTV from Sleep with Hauppauge IR remote

For the life of me, I can not figure out how to "wake" SageTV (v1.4 or v2) from sleep with the Hauppauge IR remote. I thought this would be basic, and or made easier in V2 so I waited to list the question. I also checked some posts, but did not find a clean answer....a lot of reference to Girder, which I have no other need for and no desire to get on that learning curve.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:46 PM
Administrator

This has been mentioned in several threads if you search for the right terms... "irremote.ini" should be one such term. I don't feel like searching to point out the old threads, so here is a recap:

You have to edit your irremote.ini file in your Windows directory. and set the following:

In the [Default] section, set:
GRNPOWER={run(F:\APPSXP~1\FREYTE~1\SageTV\SageTV.exe)}{mode(SageTV)}

In the [SageTV] section, set:
GRNPOWER={ctrl}z{mode(Default)}

Note that in the [Default] section setting, you will have to change what I wrote to match the path to your SageTV.exe file.

Then, if SageTV is sleeping, this will wake it. If it isn't running, this will start it. If it is running, but not sleeping, this will put it to sleep. If it closes instead of sleeping, edit your Sage.properties file for this setting:

sleep_on_close=true

- Andy

Edit: Don't forget to restart Hauppauge's "Remote IR" program after editing irremote.ini & edit the properties file while SageTV is not running. (Closed -- not just sleeping.)
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.

Last edited by Opus4; 05-19-2004 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-25-2004, 03:23 PM
Sage User

Thanks Opus4....and I presume that the button on the Hauppauge remote that activites these commands is the same one (at top left) that puts it to sleep in my current "default" set-up?
Old 01-25-2004, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Yes, that would be the GReeNPOWER buttons.

- Andy
Old 01-25-2004, 04:06 PM
Sage User

Do you know if there is a similar edit to make the "back" button on the Hauppuage remote act at all times like a true "back" button....i.e. as in "undo?" And, if there is a way to allow the navigation of the highlighted selection on a vertical menu to go from bottom to top or top to bottom directly, without going back through all of the other selections in between (i.e. naviation that allows cycling through a menu rather than going back and forth to get from the first the last selection?

In all, these 3 navigational issues (these 2 and the one you helped me with) + the confusing way SageTV always records when it is on (rather than offering a mode where you can toggle on and off) are the 4 issues that I think prevent this from a step-change improvement for the majority of people from being a "generally" user friendly application via IR remote.

I have to admit my expectations for V2 were much higher on the ease of navigation thing.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:24 PM
Administrator

I reassigned Ctrl+V to the "Back" function in the Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Link keystroke to Command screen. Now, it always returns to the previous menu.

Lack of wrap-around scrolling is on the list of "Current Known Bugs" that came with the beta email.

The "always record" feature is simply part of being a PVR -- you can't pause and/or rewind if it hadn't been recording. Of course, I wish it would delete those live TV files more often than when you exit Sage or run out of disk space. And, I wish there were an option to turn off the automatic live-tv preview every time I go into the guide/recording lists -- that one has already been mentioned as something that will change in the future.

- Andy
Old 01-25-2004, 05:47 PM
Sage User

Andy.

I got this to work....thanks, but I had to add a copy of me SageTV.exe. to the c: location because for some reason when I added the following string in the default location (the default location for SageTV.exe to reside) the error message of "Application could not be found...with a string of c:\program" kept coming up.

GRNPOWER={run(C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\SageTV.exe)}{mode(SageTV)}

Is there, for some reason, no ability to access paths that include multiple words with a space between? I don't get it....

Oh well, thought you might know....for now I just added a duplicate of the .exe to c: and made the path accordingly....seems to work
Old 01-25-2004, 06:24 PM
Administrator

It is not able to deal with long file names containing spaces. Plug in the short version for your current exe location & it will work -- that's the same thing I had to do.

- Andy