SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

HTPC and HD100 in same room ?

Thinking about moving the HTPC back into the TV room, next to the HD100. I miss the web browsing, DVD, etc.

The problem would be the remote. Both the HTPC and the HD100 currently use the same codes. One solution would be to re-program all of the HTPC codes, a real PIA. That's all I can think of though.

Is anyone doing this ?
Old 04-14-2008, 12:36 PM
Sage Expert

Not having an HD100, I can't imagine what benefit it would have over an HTPC that was sitting right next to it. I mean, why would you use the HD100 if the HTPC is in the room?

I know that a question doesn't really answer your question, but I can't imagine many people doing what you're doing, so...

Stu
Old 04-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainswor99 View Post
Not having an HD100, I can't imagine what benefit it would have over an HTPC that was sitting right next to it. I mean, why would you use the HD100 if the HTPC is in the room?

I know that a question doesn't really answer your question, but I can't imagine many people doing what you're doing, so...

Stu
I was told by a Sage support person when I had a lockup problem that it would be best to move off the direct viewing and get an HD100. Now he could have been selling it but that is the general feeling I get around here. There seem to be less problems if you do not use your recording PC to playback as well.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainswor99 View Post

Stu

I have the HD100 sitting right next to my HTPC. The reason I purchased it is because even though I enjoy my HTPC hobby it was beginning to consume too much of my time, especially when I wanted to watch something and the GUI crashed. I don't have that problem any more.

To answer the OPs question, just run Sage in service mode and don't run the GUI. Problem solved!
Old 04-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

The HD100 will be used for viewing all the recorded videos. The HTPC will be used for watching DVD's and web browsing.

Thinking about it, the HTPC can be controlled via a wireless keyboard and mouse. That eliminates the remote problem.

The biggest downside is once again having to deal with video drivers, ugggh ...
Old 04-15-2008, 08:36 AM
Sage Expert

I've got a really nice gaming/htpc, but I'm also seriously considering removing it from my theater and instead putting it back in my office. I just don't use it in the theater at all. I think I might get back into PC gaming if I had the PC setup for that use.

If I wanna surf, I have my laptop for that. The HTPC is wasted now that I have the HD100.