SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

how do I stop SageMC from running comskip?

I have switched over to running comskip via SJQ and now I want to stop SageMC from running comskip.

Here is what I have installed:

Sage 6.4 beta
SageMC (latest version)
SageMC video tools
SJQ

I see under the Settings / SageMC / Enhancements / Comskip options, I have the following settings:
Background commercial processing: disabled
commercial auto ski: disabled
start Delay: 0
stop delay: -250
broadcast type: 29.97

But it still seems like Sage is running Comskip for me instead of letting SJQ run comskip.

Any pointers on where I should look?

Thanks
Greg
Old 05-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

I sat in the Process Explorer and killed all the comskips as they were being generated (for files that already had edl files). It was going through all my old recordings for some reason.

I thought I had beat it down, but then I had to restart the service and now it is finding new (old) recordings to try to comskip. This is killing my server as comskip is cpu intensive.

Any ideas?

BTW, I know that all the settings above are configured for the service as opposed to the client running on the server.

Thanks
Greg
Old 05-17-2008, 02:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

It is also running two at a time and frequently it seems to be running two jobs on the same file at the same time.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

I don't think Sage or SageMC has anything built in to start comskip runs. Are you sure you aren't running Comskip Monitor or Dirmon or some other queing program?
Old 05-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Sage Icon

if you've got some phantom program triggering comskip and can't find it, just rename the comskip.exe file and it should fix it. Then, you can set up whatever trigger you want to use to run the renamed .exe.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I did remove the comskip that was getting run. However, I have been having such problems with Sage for the last 6 months (basically since I decided to switch from BTV - still regreting it), that I decided to reinstall from scratch. I was about to reformat the machine and really start from scratch but instead I am going to start with reinstalling Sage.

So far so good. I have reinstalled Sage, the webserver, SageMC and now I am moving on to SageMC video tools.

One of the problems was a 2 - 3 minute start up time that started happening a week ago. With the new install its back to the normal 10 seconds or so.

The other problem was that the extender and placeshifters would not connect to the server. I think this is solved too but I have to check.

Greg