SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Sage Expert

Can SageTV do these things?

I'm running the trial version of SageTV and I'm very impressed. I do have a few questions that I wasn't able to find answers to in my searches and would appreciate if anyone can tell me if these things are possible:

1) Is there a way to go to the previous channel watched in live tv with a simple button press? Like if I was watching channel 5 and then went to channel 7, is there a key I can press that will bring me back to channel 5 (and please don't tell me to press 5! )

2) Is there a way to browse what is playing on other channels on the OSD rather than going to the full guide menu? My cable co set top lets me do this by pressing either down or up to view other channels and left and right to go backward/forward in time.

3) In the guide, is there a way to exit back to live tv without picking the program in the guide? I assumed pressing escape would do this but it doesn't seem to work for me. Do you have to map a specific key to the 'live tv' shortcut?

4) Is there a way to set favorite channels and have only those channels display in the guide by pressing some key?

5) Does anyone use SageTV with XBMC? Can you watch live tv in XBMC?

6) Can the OSD layout be changed and is there a source for downloading these?

7) Can SageTV be configured to send commands to girder for channel changing? I'm using a usb-uirt with girder and would prefer to keep things that way instead of allowing SageTV to be the application connected directly to the usb-uirt.

Any info is greatly appreciated!
Old 07-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinki View Post
1) Is there a way to go to the previous channel watched in live tv with a simple button press? Like if I was watching channel 5 and then went to channel 7, is there a key I can press that will bring me back to channel 5 (and please don't tell me to press 5! )
Use the Previous Channel command.

Quote:
2) Is there a way to browse what is playing on other channels on the OSD rather than going to the full guide menu? My cable co set top lets me do this by pressing either down or up to view other channels and left and right to go backward/forward in time.
Check the Customizations forum; there is a sticky post there that lists customizations.

Quote:
3) In the guide, is there a way to exit back to live tv without picking the program in the guide? I assumed pressing escape would do this but it doesn't seem to work for me. Do you have to map a specific key to the 'live tv' shortcut?
You can use the "Live TV" command to jump to live TV playback, or use the "TV" command to toggle between the last-used menu and the playback screen.

Quote:
4) Is there a way to set favorite channels and have only those channels display in the guide by pressing some key?
Again, check the customizations forum.

Quote:
6) Can the OSD layout be changed and is there a source for downloading these?
Studio can be used to customize the entire UI, but that isn't available during the trial. I don't think there are any OSD customizations already available for the default interface.

Quote:
7) Can SageTV be configured to send commands to girder for channel changing? I'm using a usb-uirt with girder and would prefer to keep things that way instead of allowing SageTV to be the application connected directly to the usb-uirt.
Check the hardware section of the forum for help with this.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Sage Expert

You're the best. Thanks for the push in the right direction. One last question, does check the customizations forum mean that these are available or that it _may_ be available?

Last edited by dinki; 07-03-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
You're the best. Thanks for the push in the right direction. One last question, does check the customizations forum mean that these are available or that it _may_ be available?
There is one, but I haven't used it and don't remember the name... So your mileage may vary.
Clients: 2x HD300, 1x HD200 Extenders, 1x Placeshifter
2x Roku XD
Old 07-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Sage Expert

Looking for customizations that do these things

I posted part of this in the software forum and think that this is a better place for it.

I'm looking to ditch my cable co's settop box but would like to do the following before I'll be able to get the wife on board. I've done a bit of browsing on this subforum but I'm not exactly sure what the things I'm trying to do are called and if there is even a customization for it. Please review my list below and let me know if SageTV can do these things:

1) Is there a way to browse what is playing on other channels on the OSD rather than going to the full guide menu? My cable co set top lets me do this by pressing either down or up to view other channels and left and right to go backward/forward in time. The information shows up in a box in the lower quarter of the screen.

2) In the guide, is there a way to exit back to live tv without picking the program in the guide? I assumed pressing escape would do this but it doesn't seem to work for me. Do you have to map a specific key to the 'live tv' shortcut?

3) Is there a way to set favorite channels and have only those channels display in the guide by pressing some key?

4) Does anyone use SageTV with XBMC? Can you watch live tv in XBMC?

5) Can the OSD layout be changed and is there a source for downloading these?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

* merged *
Old 07-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
One last question, does check the customizations forum mean that these are available or that it _may_ be available?
That means you should check the list of available customizations sticky -- I think those are available, but I don't use them so I can't say for sure.

Edit: I merged your threads into this single topic. Some of your questions in the repost are answered in the first reply. For a couple others, check the sticky I mentioned.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes a plugin exists. If you are using Version 6.3.x of SageTV with the default STV you would want to use the version in this Post. The one in the download section only works up to SageTV version 6.2.10 but does have a PDF of the way it functions so you might want to get it anyway and unzip that one first.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
1) Is there a way to browse what is playing on other channels on the OSD rather than going to the full guide menu? My cable co set top lets me do this by pressing either down or up to view other channels and left and right to go backward/forward in time. The information shows up in a box in the lower quarter of the screen.
Yup - "Miniguide" plug-in, right here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15739

Works great for me, and I'm "below-novice" at programming.

Note: Much of the discussion in that thread was before the current version was released, so don't confuse yourself reading it all. Just install it and it's pretty self-explanatory.

Quote:
2) In the guide, is there a way to exit back to live tv without picking the program in the guide? I assumed pressing escape would do this but it doesn't seem to work for me. Do you have to map a specific key to the 'live tv' shortcut?
I think Andy answered this above. Of course, if you have an HD Extender, there's a button on the remote.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.