SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-05-2004, 06:21 PM

2 or more simultaneous TV-outs ??

Am debating SageTV vs. Myth, and would prefer the former. I'll have a reasonably capable PC with multiple tuners. I want this to serve both my wife and I and we generally watch separate TV shows on separate TVs. So, I want a PVR with 3 or 4 capture cards. Two would probably be Hauppauge 350's with TV-Out capability.

I can't find on the Sage forums or web site any reference to how I would do this. I.e., have two separate rooms, each with it's own TV and remote control selecting their own live or recorded program to watch.

How would this be done? (I sure hope the answer isn't that I need to buy an entire additional PC; that's an expensive solution given that I can put enough capture cards and output devices in a single PC.)
Old 02-05-2004, 06:39 PM
SageTVaholic

SageClient.

The best solution would be to build a client computer. You could build an EPIA based system for under $300 probably. Put 1 350 in there and you'd be good to go.

There is the small possibility that you could run SageTV and SageClient on the same PC but I think people have reported that this doesn't work (or at least not well).

The other option would be a MediaMVP, with that you can select anything Sage has recorded including live TV, but you have no control over Sage, ie you can't select channels. Also, it sounds like a Client for the MVP is comming but we haven't been given a timeframe.

One more thing is that, with current drivers, it's not a good idea to mix 350's and 250s in the same machine. At best you've got a 50% chance of success, but I'd say you're more likely to run into compatiblity problems than you are to succeed.

Also keep in mind you can't watch anything but standard MPEG files through the 350.