SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 12-19-2009, 01:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I need some help here. I've had BMT working very well for quite a while now. I've noticed recently that CSI: NY is not getting picked up. I'm assuming it is based on the : in the title. Any suggestions how to fix this?
Could you give me a filename that I could use for testing... I just want to see what bmt is doing.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
Quick Question... I have 3 Extenders and a Client on Windows 7.... If I want to give BMT a try, can I just install it on my client to try it there first before my Sage server, or do I have to have it on my server as well if I want it on my client.

My client is more for playing in right now, so I'd rather blow that up than my server trying this out. Tnx!
I think you can install bmt on your client, or you can run bmt from the commandline as well. Obviously, if it's running on your client, then the automatic plugin would not be functional.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Sage Icon

Sure. Here's an example: CSINY-SecondChances-574581-0.mpg
Old 12-19-2009, 03:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sure. Here's an example: CSINY-SecondChances-574581-0.mpg
Unfortunately, manual lookup is the only option In version 4, you'll be able deal with better, but in 3.x, it fails because of how the automated scanner process the sage file to get a title of "C S I N Y", which can't be found.

You can use a manual lookup in the webui or command line. sorry.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Sage Icon

OK, any ETA on version 4?
Old 12-19-2009, 05:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK, any ETA on version 4?
I'm hoping to get it in beta something this month or early january. I have a few days off during christmas, so I'm hoping to get it to a beta state. After than, hopefully some people will install the betas and provider feedback/bugs.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Sage Icon

I can assure you when the beta is released I'll be installing it as soon as I can. I'll try to provide feedback as I use it. Especially on this issue.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have a problem. I just installed BMT 3.1 following the installation instructions link.

I am most interested in getting fan art for my Videos folder. I have the following subdirectory structure:

f:\Sage Vidoes\
f:\Sage Vidoes\Greg
f:\Sage Vidoes\Sandra
f:\Sage Vidoes\Kids Movies

I keep the view of My Videos showing the File System and the Folder View (SageMC). So when I go into My Videos it shows me the folders above. I then go into the folder to get to the movies.

After scanning with BMT, all the folder information seems to be thrown out and I get all the movies showing up in the top folder. Is there a setting somewhere that controls this behavour or is this a bug?

I love the customization btw.

Thanks
Greg
Old 12-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gveres View Post
After scanning with BMT, all the folder information seems to be thrown out and I get all the movies showing up in the top folder. Is there a setting somewhere that controls this behavour or is this a bug?
... there are numerous threads/posts about this.... you need to install the latest pre release SageMC (currently 6.3.9b_21) and phoenix.api 1.44 or later. BMT 3.1 brought out a bug in SageMC a while back

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...2&postcount=17
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-22-2009, 10:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
... there are numerous threads/posts about this.... you need to install the latest pre release SageMC (currently 6.3.9b_21) and phoenix.api 1.44 or later. BMT 3.1 brought out a bug in SageMC a while back

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...2&postcount=17
Ah, thanks. I did jump up to the latest beta of SageMC but it has a bug with the exact same screen I was talking about. That screen shows up as empty. I will wait until that's fixed as I can work around the problem for now.

Thanks for pointing me to the thread.

Greg
Old 12-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Sage Icon

did you also update to the latest phoenix release (or at least v1.44 or later) ?... you need both... the file folder problem (ie throwing out the folder information) should really be fixed using SageMC 6.3.9b_21 and Phoenix.api 1.44 ...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-23-2009, 12:43 AM
Sage Icon

There is a bug in sagmc 6.3.9b_21/19 where the screens are blank under folder view (this has been reported). I've experienced this problem on several different installs. The SageMC_6_3_9b_17 version does not have it.

As for the folder information being thrown out -- as has been pointed out that was fixed. Certainly SageMC_6_3_9b_17 does not have that problem.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

But you can't get b17.

Everybody talks about version 44 of the Phoenix API, but when I download the file called version 44, it shows up in the Setup GUI as saying version 43. Is anybody else seeing that?
Old 12-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Great utility, and having a lot of fun working with it.. One quick question.

Once a .properties file has been created, there are occaions when I want to modify some of the contents, eg. the Description that is displayed.

I have performed the regedit to successfully "touch" both the file and .properties file after saving the edit, however the text change does not seem to appear. I have rescanned directory etc. started and stopped Sage service, etc.

Obviously I am missing something simple. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Grant
Old 12-23-2009, 11:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfMany View Post
Great utility, and having a lot of fun working with it.. One quick question.

Once a .properties file has been created, there are occaions when I want to modify some of the contents, eg. the Description that is displayed.

I have performed the regedit to successfully "touch" both the file and .properties file after saving the edit, however the text change does not seem to appear. I have rescanned directory etc. started and stopped Sage service, etc.

Obviously I am missing something simple. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Grant
Typically, if you modify the .properties file, then you need to "touch" the media file for that .properties, and then tell sagetv to "refresh" it's media library. It should then pick up your changes. If it does not, then check the timestamp on the mediafile and the .properties. The mediafile needs to be "newer" than the .properties in order for this to work. Also, a "refresh" is not the same thing as a scan. ie, from the web ui, there is a "refresh" link for refreshing the sage library. A refresh, simply tells sage to rescan it's collection and look for updates/changes.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
But you can't get b17.
New version out today -- haven't had a chance to try it out, but I'm betting the issue is fixed. Give that a go:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...174#post399174

UPDATE: tried it -- new version seems to have eliminated the bug.

Quote:
Everybody talks about version 44 of the Phoenix API, but when I download the file called version 44, it shows up in the Setup GUI as saying version 43. Is anybody else seeing that?
Yes, should show up as "phoenix.jar Version:1.44".
If it doesnt then you need to install the new jar.

Last edited by sflamm; 12-23-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thx Sean.. all is good with modifying. Touched order was the problem . Must be because I'm left-handed that I kept touching the media file first.

The last issue I am having might be a configuration problem, but I have been unable to find where I could possibly change the path.

All updating is working well on all items, changes made manually to the .properties file and through BMT UI are showing up correctly. However, when I am using "seasons" the poster being displayed in the "Default Fanart Files" points to Season 1 directory for the "poster" for all files, regardless of the setting in the "Default Fanart Dirs" (which correctly points to Season 2). There is a "poster" in the Season 2 directory which is different than Season 1.

Default Fanart Files

Poster C:\Fanart\TV\Get Smart\Season 1\Posters\1014-1.jpg
Background C:\Fanart\TV\Get Smart\Backgrounds\70386-1.jpg
Banner C:\Fanart\TV\Get Smart\Banners\1014.jpg

Default Fanart Dirs

Posters Dir C:\Fanart\TV\Get Smart\Season 2\Posters
Backgrounds Dir C:\Fanart\TV\Get Smart\Season 2\Backgrounds
Banners Dir C:\Fanart\TV\Get Smart\Season 2\Banners

When I choose a Season 1 file in BMT WebUI, the Default Fanart Files are the same, and the "Default Fanart Dirs" point to Season 1 subfolder.

Is it possible to manually edit a string somewhere to correct this?

Thanks again,
Grant
Old 12-23-2009, 06:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Unfortunately this looks like a bug But I can't say that I've encountered it on my setup before.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for looking and replying. A small bug like this is nothing in the grand scope of this utility.. as a programmer of sorts myself, I have a knack for finding them..

Again, thanks for making my Sage experience so much better..

Grant
Old 12-29-2009, 03:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Posters for TV series are displayed incorrectly

Hello,

Here is a minor problem that I see for a long time already. I'm using SageMC with the BMT. If I have a TV series with different posters for each of the seasons in appropriate directories, the same poster is displayed for all of the seasons! It might be different poster each time: sometimes, when I navigate into one specific season, the poster suddenly changes to the correct one. Then, when back to the folder view, posters for all seasons are changed to the last one shown.
This is kind of bothering; does anyone else see this too?