SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Scanner95, this is the same issue I have been seeing (read my posts above yours). In my example, the poster (or DVD cover) also seems to switch back back and forth between seasons, everytime I switch views.

In BMT, are the Default Fanart Direcories, and Default Fanart Files pointing to the correct directories? Mine don't.

I was hoping that I could edit some file and manually change the paths, but have not yet been able to find if this is possible.

Grant
Old 12-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanner95 View Post
Hello,

Here is a minor problem that I see for a long time already. I'm using SageMC with the BMT. If I have a TV series with different posters for each of the seasons in appropriate directories, the same poster is displayed for all of the seasons! It might be different poster each time: sometimes, when I navigate into one specific season, the poster suddenly changes to the correct one. Then, when back to the folder view, posters for all seasons are changed to the last one shown.
This is kind of bothering; does anyone else see this too?
This is not a BMT problem. BMT is fanart collection / downloading program. It does not have any effect on displaying the fanart. However, the two (collection of and displaying fanart) are related because Stuckless (BMT author) also wrote the code responsible for displaying the fanart in the UI.

It is a problem/bug/limitation of SageMC and the phoenix api. Stuckless will have to confirm but my understanding is that at the moment the phoenix api does not support retrieving specific season fanart. Stuckless would have to add this code (I believe it's on his VERY long to-do list). Once retrieving season specific fanart is added to the core phoenix api, meinmaui will have to patch SageMC to support these new functions.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

I started using BMI and fanart a week or two ago and I am loving it. I'm using BMI, SMW, and TVE and have to say the setup was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

I'm wondering if there is a way to have BMI ignore a specific import directory when it scans? At first I thought there was an option but removing the directory also removed the import folder from Sage.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there a way to only update certain properties? I need to update the 'user rating' property only to the new style.

The old style looked like this: _userRating=6.2/10
The new style is like this: UserRating=8

I suppose I could write a simple script to do it, but was wondering if there was an easier way to do it using BMT.

Thanks,

Tony
Old 01-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
New version out today -- haven't had a chance to try it out, but I'm betting the issue is fixed. Give that a go:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...174#post399174

UPDATE: tried it -- new version seems to have eliminated the bug.

Yes, should show up as "phoenix.jar Version:1.44".
If it doesnt then you need to install the new jar.

I'm seeing the same thing. If I update that jar file to 1.44, the web ui for BMT no longer works. I get "Unable to get Status" for Phoenix, etc. If I put Phoenix 1.43 jar back in from my BMT download, I just get a directory listing in the BMT directory under Jetty. The only way I have found to fix it is wipe any reference to BMT under jetty, and copy all of the BMT files back to the sage directory again, which gets me Phoenix 1.43 again... etc... you get the picture....
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 01-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Scratch that... I finally managed to get around it by copying the Phoenix 1.44 jar first, restarting jetty without BMT (deleted), shutting down jetty, copying in the jetty files only for BMT rather than the whole BMT structure, and then starting jetty again.
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 01-03-2010, 07:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oats View Post
I'm wondering if there is a way to have BMI ignore a specific import directory when it scans? At first I thought there was an option but removing the directory also removed the import folder from Sage.
In the web ui, under configure, enter "ignore" and press enter, and you should see a textbox where you can enter a folder to ignore. it's a regular expression. best option is to just use the folder name. (you can search this thread for "ignore" and you'll find other posts/examples related to this)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysathre View Post
Is there a way to only update certain properties? I need to update the 'user rating' property only to the new style
Currently no. I may look at adding something like that post 4.x release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
Scratch that... I finally managed to get around it by copying the Phoenix 1.44 jar first, restarting jetty without BMT (deleted), shutting down jetty, copying in the jetty files only for BMT rather than the whole BMT structure, and then starting jetty again.
Because sagemc and bmt both share the phoenix.jar then bmt will overwrite sagemc's version (or vice versa). I've also updated the phoenix jar version in the phoenix download area to the latest as well. Typically this download area should be as new, or newer than what is being deployed with bmt, or sagemc... but it hasn't been the case lately. Eventually we'll get the jar stuff sorted out, so that it becomes less confusing.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:09 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm having trouble getting BMT to grab the correct data for Disney's Sleeping Beauty. The filename is "Sleeping Beauty.mkv" and it keeps retrieving the data for Dornröschen rather than Disney's Sleeping Beauty. I tried renaming the files to "Disney's Sleeping Beauty.mkv", but then it pulls info from IMDB for the making of Sleeping Beauty. Granted, it's the Disney one, but still not the right disc.

Any idea what I can do to pull the proper data?

Thanks!
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 01-03-2010, 03:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
I'm having trouble getting BMT to grab the correct data for Disney's Sleeping Beauty. The filename is "Sleeping Beauty.mkv" and it keeps retrieving the data for Dornröschen rather than Disney's Sleeping Beauty. I tried renaming the files to "Disney's Sleeping Beauty.mkv", but then it pulls info from IMDB for the making of Sleeping Beauty. Granted, it's the Disney one, but still not the right disc.

Any idea what I can do to pull the proper data?
I just tried "Sleeping Beauty.mkv" for both imdb and themoviedb.org, and in both cases, I got the correct hit. I'm not sure why you configuration would result in a mis hit. My only suggestion is to do a manual scan using either the commandline or the web ui, and select the result you want.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Sage Icon

Phonex Jar location

The SFlamm install guide recommends installing the latest Phoenix JAR (1.44), however the link in the instructions is broken. Where is the best place to get the latest Phoenix JAR?
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Sage Icon

Is there any way to just download Fanart without touching the metadata?

Is there any way to make BMT search for a fanart/metadata based on the display name?

I have a lot of movies recorded off of premium cable channels (HBO, etc.) in my Sage Recordings. If I use the STVi plugin to search for metadata/fanart it can't find any. If I use the BMT Web UI to try to find fan art, it can't find any (the display name is the correct movie title, but the show name and episode name are blank in the web UI).

If I manually enter the show name in the WebUI it will find the meta data and the fan art, but after saving it, the movie no longer displays correctly in the default Sage STV (using Malore Multi-pane view) - the title is shown with "quote" marks, the year disappears, the studio disappears, and the channel logo disappears.

For stuff recorded off TV, the default metadata that Sage gets from Zap2It is usually complete enough for me - I just want to be able to get the fanart without risking corruption to my Wiz.Bin. Can I do this?
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-03-2010, 05:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
The SFlamm install guide recommends installing the latest Phoenix JAR (1.44), however the link in the instructions is broken. Where is the best place to get the latest Phoenix JAR?
You can download the current phoenix api bundle from here. But, if you installed, bmt, then you probably don't need to install an updated version. If you installed the latest sagemc, then you probably have a recent version as well.

Quote:
Is there any way to just download Fanart without touching the metadata?
From the webui, you should be able to uncheck "Update Metadata" and check "Update Fanart". Or from the commandline, just use the --fanartOnly flag.

Quote:
Is there any way to make BMT search for a fanart/metadata based on the display name?
I have a lot of movies recorded off of premium cable channels (HBO, etc.) in my Sage Recordings. If I use the STVi plugin to search for metadata/fanart it can't find any. If I use the BMT Web UI to try to find fan art, it can't find any (the display name is the correct movie title, but the show name and episode name are blank in the web UI).
[/QUOTE]

I think this goes back to a more fundamental problem, that bmt really doesn't recognize recorded movies. It thinks they are TV shows. Perhaps doing a commanline scan might solve the issue. I'm hoping to address some of these issues once 4.x is released.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
You can download the current phoenix api bundle from here. But, if you installed, bmt, then you probably don't need to install an updated version. If you installed the latest sagemc, then you probably have a recent version as well.
Thanks, I did install the latest BMT (called Metadata-Updater-3.1.zip). It included Phoenix 1.43 (this is what was reported by the BMT Web UI). I grabbed a copy of Phoenix 1.44 from the SageMC download thread (even though I am not using SageMC).

I noticed the link you gave above is labeled as Phoenix API Build 56 - this appears to be the complete API source, which may be useful in the future, but is more than I needed right now (I just wanted the latest JAR file). What is the relationship between the API "build number" and the Phoenix Jar version?

Quote:
From the webui, you should be able to uncheck "Update Metadata" and check "Update Fanart".
I assume you are referring to the checkboxes in the pop-up that appears when you run a scan. This does seem to work, but only for the items that it is able to correctly find metadata for. When the scan is complete it will list all the items that it couldn't match. If you click on one of these items and then click the "find metadata" button, it will pop-up another dialog where you can enter the show title and other search criteria. This will go out and find the correct show, but then there is no way to save just the fanart. Clicking the "save" button saves everything including the metadata.

I have not experimented with the command line yet.

Quote:
I think this goes back to a more fundamental problem, that bmt really doesn't recognize recorded movies. It thinks they are TV shows. Perhaps doing a commanline scan might solve the issue. I'm hoping to address some of these issues once 4.x is released.
Looking forward to it!
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-03-2010, 09:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I noticed the link you gave above is labeled as Phoenix API Build 56 - this appears to be the complete API source, which may be useful in the future, but is more than I needed right now (I just wanted the latest JAR file). What is the relationship between the API "build number" and the Phoenix Jar version?
The build number is basically the minor # in the phoenix version. So build 56, is actually phoenix 1.56 and phoenix 1.44 is actually build 44.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

How does the -update switch work? Does it only check if a .properties file exists, and if so, assumes it doesn't need updating? I ask because I want to update my metadata, but I don't want it to overwrite the ones I had to manually fix via the IMDB URL. BMT for some reason just wouldn't find the correct movie no matter what title I put in for some. How do I go about accomplishing this?

Tony

Last edited by tonysathre; 01-05-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
How does the -update switch work? Does it only check if a .properties file exists, and if so, assumes it doesn't need updating? I ask because I want to update my metadata, but I don't want it to overwrite the ones I had to manually fix via the IMDB URL. BMT for some reason just wouldn't find the correct movie no matter what title I put in for some. How do I go about accomplishing this?

Tony
--update will update the metadata IF the metadata is missing or if the .properties is newer than the media file. So, if you edit the imdb url in the .properties, and then use the --update arg, then it should do what you want.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ah great. So if I 'touch' every file, then run the update, it should update using the current IMDB field? Sorry to keep asking this, but I really wanna make sure it does what I want because last time I had to go through about 400 .properties files and change the IMDB field. Needless-to-say, it took some time to complete.

Something like this should do the trick?

java -jar MetadataTool.jar --touch G:\Media\Movies && java -jar MetadataTool.jar --update G:\Media\Movies

Tony

Last edited by tonysathre; 01-05-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ah great. So if I 'touch' every file, then run the update, it should update using the current IMDB field? Sorry to keep asking this, but I really wanna make sure it does what I want because last time I had to go through about 400 .properties files and change the IMDB field. Needless-to-say, it took some time to complete.

Something like this should do the trick?

java -jar MetadataTool.jar --touch G:\Media\Movies && java -jar MetadataTool.jar --update G:\Media\Movies

Tony

I don't think you need --touch, touch was added as a means to touch a mediafile without doing anything else. I added --touch because on windows, there isn't an easy way to simply "touch" a file.

ie, if run --touch on a folder, it will touch all files (and sage will reload the metadata for all touched files). But if you run --update on the folder, then it will only update files that have missing metadata OR if the .properties were modified.... and it will "touch" those media files ONLY if they were updated.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Hey Sean - I finally started using BMT - freakin' awesome! One weird thing I'm seeing is that after doing a Scan of everything (initiated from the web page) the FileSystem view of Video Files is empty on some of my machines, and then on others anything that BMT found metadata for shows up at the top level instead of nested down in the folder heirarchy where it normally is....

I'm using SageMC of course.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Sage Icon

@bailio - upgrade to the latest sagemc pre-release (6.3.9b_23) including phoenix 1.44 or later on each machine. BMT 3.1 exposed a bug in how sagemc was generated the file system view, its all fixed now though...
Check out TVExplorer