SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsean View Post
I guess I should have said the "Preserve Metadata" setting is unchecked i guess. . .

Ok I'll let you know what happens next. I just started doing the updates again.
One thing that I'd like to ask for though is that Disc number should be allowed to have N of N (e.g. 1 of 4), and Episode Number the same, since there aren't specific tools for DVDs of a series.
Yeah, I have an open issue for DVD TV series.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

I was wondering if anyone is using BMT in conjunction with My Movies.

I've been experimenting with MM and I like it, but it doesn't handle TV shows at all. . .

I would ideally like to use BMT for TV and MM for movies. Is anyone doing this?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 07-14-2010, 01:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Since you've posted this in the 3.1 area... i'm assuming your are, in fact, running the 3.1 version. I think that even in 3.1 (although I can't really recall), you can configure BMT to work on TV or Movies, or both. If not, then in the 4.x releases you can actually tell BMT to only scan TV files.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sean,

What's the last version of BMT you support in Sage 6.6? I'm at 3.1. BMT on my server has suddenly decided that whether by plugin or the browser interface, when you do a find Metadata on a movie or TV show and save it, it refuses to write the found backgrounds and posters to the fanart folder even though I have made no permission changes.... It will write to disk the first poster it finds on IMDB and nothing else. If I specify MovieDB only in the search and find backgrounds and posters, it won't write them to the fanart directory. The UI coughs up no errors. It's configured to write to mailcheck.log for logging, but I see no mention of BMT anywhere in that file...

Tnx

-Steve
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3

Last edited by SteveW; 08-04-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, so I have dug deeper. I can still pull fanart for TV Shows, whether they are movies or not, automatically.

However, my DVDs and BluRays... When I do a "Find" on the metatdata in the UI, everytime it finds 1 poster and no backgrounds from IMDB, and a bunch of posters and backgrounds from themoviedb. But when I click on save, it will ONLY save what is found at IMDB - the one poster. This has only become a problem in the last few days....
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 08-09-2010, 09:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
Ok, so I have dug deeper. I can still pull fanart for TV Shows, whether they are movies or not, automatically.

However, my DVDs and BluRays... When I do a "Find" on the metatdata in the UI, everytime it finds 1 poster and no backgrounds from IMDB, and a bunch of posters and backgrounds from themoviedb. But when I click on save, it will ONLY save what is found at IMDB - the one poster. This has only become a problem in the last few days....
Steve, I'm not sure why it would only write the imdb poster, and my only thought is that perhaps the download links from the themoviedb is wrong. I think themoviedb upgraded it's xml protocol a few months back, and I've put those changes in the 4.x (sage 7) release.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Steve, I'm not sure why it would only write the imdb poster, and my only thought is that perhaps the download links from the themoviedb is wrong. I think themoviedb upgraded it's xml protocol a few months back, and I've put those changes in the 4.x (sage 7) release.
No problem then. I'll just sit tight until 7 becomes available non-beta and I can switch to BMT 4. I'll do it the old fashioned way in the meantime...

Old 01-14-2011, 10:36 AM
Sage User

New to this thread: question

Greetings. I have been using SageTV since version 6 and love it. I am currently using SageTV7 with SageMC. The reason I am looking at this plug-in is I regularly download videos from websites, or scrape them from podcasts, and would like to be able to insert them into the SageTV listing of recorded TV shows. The shows are somewhat non-standard and would probably not be in the on-line databases available. Is there a way to provide for a custom database (like on a local LAN webserver) or run the program from the command line after the import to specifically "inject" the program information? (I use webfeedencoder - and love it - when these things are available in streams).

I can accomplish this with with the Neilm webserver interface on a manual basis, but was looking for some way to do it automatically.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Jeff
Old 01-14-2011, 01:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by n9cqs View Post
Greetings. I have been using SageTV since version 6 and love it. I am currently using SageTV7 with SageMC. The reason I am looking at this plug-in is I regularly download videos from websites, or scrape them from podcasts, and would like to be able to insert them into the SageTV listing of recorded TV shows. The shows are somewhat non-standard and would probably not be in the on-line databases available. Is there a way to provide for a custom database (like on a local LAN webserver) or run the program from the command line after the import to specifically "inject" the program information? (I use webfeedencoder - and love it - when these things are available in streams).

I can accomplish this with with the Neilm webserver interface on a manual basis, but was looking for some way to do it automatically.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Jeff
Well, unfortunately, there isn't an easy way to do this, since you'd need to have some java experience and write a plugin for bmt that adds a new metadata provider.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Do I understand correctly that by simply changing the Date/Time stamp of a media file is enough for SageTV to re-read metadata information and update it's database? Is chaning the time stamp by only 1 second enough to effect a change, or would it take a full minute? I'm working on a utility that will enable me to "bump" the time stamp of a media file in order to effect a "Sage media information update"

...TIME PASSES...

I see I kinda re-created the wheel here, as you have a command line ability to do this, but my solution is at least GUI based and a SendTo extension so I can point to file/folders and bump the time of the media file by only 1 minutes (instead of current time) so as to reasonably preserve the time of the recording by file timestamp.

However, I'd like to incorporate a refresh, and I can't seem to get it to work. Here's what I did at the command line:
Code:
java -jar MetadataTool.jar --touch V:\Videos\Drobo2\Recordings\_TVShows\Fringe
Batch MetaData Tools (3.1)
Touched File(s)
And I confirm that the file timestamp was updated to current time.

But then I issue:
Code:
MetaDataRefresh.cmd V:\Videos\Drobo2\Recordings\_TVShows\Fringe

MetaData Stats...
Auto Updated: 0; Auto Failed: 0; Manual Updated:0; Manual Skipped: 0;
And it would appear that nothing was done.

Thoughts?

Last edited by BKeadle; 09-05-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Sage Icon

The BMT UI has a update metadaata ability that causes the SageTV to refresh meta data.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, it does, but I'm trying to be more granular, selective by folder - particularly for development, as a rescan of my entire library is a long process, and to be able to work against a single folder would be most helpful.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:04 PM
SageTVaholic

If you have an existing imported sageTV media file, changing time/date stamp wont do anything if you keep the same media file name. You have to change the name. Even if you change the name, that wont trigger an automatic sageTV media file scan.

I currently have my sageTV setup to automatically do a sageTV media file scan when a file is added to renamed in my sageTV media folders. I did this by installing a directory scan tool. My favorite directory scan tool is directoryWatch. I just tell it to execute the below sageTV webserver interface command to do a media file scan using wget:

C:\PROGRA~1\COMMAN~1\wget.exe --tries=3 --directory-prefix="C:\Program Files\Command line" --no-check-certificate "https://usernameassword@mysageTVserver:8090/sage/GlobalCommand?command=UpdateMediaLibrary"

It works perfectly. As soon as a rename or add a media file to my sageTV media folder(s), sageTV does a scan and respectively downloads/updates fanart/metadata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKeadle View Post
Do I understand correctly that by simply changing the Date/Time stamp of a media file is enough for SageTV to re-read metadata information and update it's database? Is chaning the time stamp by only 1 second enough to effect a change, or would it take a full minute? I'm working on a utility that will enable me to "bump" the time stamp of a media file in order to effect a "Sage media information update"

...TIME PASSES...

I see I kinda re-created the wheel here, as you have a command line ability to do this, but my solution is at least GUI based and a SendTo extension so I can point to file/folders and bump the time of the media file by only 1 minutes (instead of current time) so as to reasonably preserve the time of the recording by file timestamp.

However, I'd like to incorporate a refresh, and I can't seem to get it to work. Here's what I did at the command line:
Code:
java -jar MetadataTool.jar --touch V:\Videos\Drobo2\Recordings\_TVShows\Fringe
Touched File(s)
And I confirm that the file timestamp was updated to current time.

But then I issue:
Code:
MetaDataRefresh.cmd V:\Videos\Drobo2\Recordings\_TVShows\Fringe

MetaData Stats...
Auto Updated: 0; Auto Failed: 0; Manual Updated:0; Manual Skipped: 0;
And it would appear that nothing was done.

Thoughts?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Are you sure about that? My preliminary testing suggests that bumping the time stamp by one minute effects a new read of the metadata. I only "know" to do this based on this thread:
Quote:
If the metadata in the properties file changes, you'll need to update the time stamp on its media file so SageTV sees that the media file is newer & reimports it during the next library import directory scan.
I do like/appreciate the wget command you provided. That could be useful. However, I don't know that I'd want to do a entire media scan for a single rename event - what if 5 files get renamed in a particular session - will that kick off 5 rescans for each renamed file? I'd really only need to rescan once for the 5 files renamed.

Last edited by BKeadle; 09-05-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Changing the time/date stamp doesnt work for me no matter what I do; it never has. All I do currently is delete the respective properties file and rename the media file. Doing an "entire" media scan only takes a few seconds for me. I haven't been motivated to look for another way since the method I use works so well. I'm curious to know how you get it to work with just a timestamp change; keeping the same file name. Good luck!

Quote:
Are you sure about that? My preliminary testing suggests that bumping the time stamp by one minute effects a new read of the metadata. I only "know" to do this based on this thread:

I do like/appreciate the wget command you provided. That could be useful. However, I don't know that I'd want to do a entire media scan for a single rename event - what if 5 files get renamed in a particular session - will that kick off 5 rescans for each renamed file? I'd really only need to rescan once for the 5 files renamed.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-06-2011, 07:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes, it does, but I'm trying to be more granular, selective by folder - particularly for development, as a rescan of my entire library is a long process, and to be able to work against a single folder would be most helpful.
Just to be clear... when you use the Tools -> Refresh menu in BMT (or the wget url that mkanet posted), sagetv does doesn't do a full re-scan... what it does is look for new media that has been added/changed, and then process those files. On my system, invoking that command when nothing has changed, takes a couple of seconds on my system. There is a way to have sagetv re-process ALL files, but that requires two steps. I just wanted you to be clear that a "re-scan" in this sense is really just an diff scan.

@mkanet - if you change the filestamp on a mediafile (even by a few seconds) and then tell sagetv to re-scan, it will determine that that files has changed, and reload any new .properties that with the mediafile.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:03 PM

I realize I'm a bit late to the metadata party, but I'm just now getting around to playing with this. The download link (http://customsagetv.googlecode.com/f...pdater-3.1.zip) appears to be dead, and I'm having trouble locating the zip file elsewhere. Can someone repost it? TIA. And apologies if this is a n00bish request. I spent time trying to find it and came up empty.