SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Here's an excerpt/example of a Bob Dylan 2-disc set represented by DVDProfiler. Does BMT know how to parse and create the right meta data for the multi-discs highlighted?
BMT does not look at the disk #. I'll add an enh req for it... when I get bored, i'll look at adding it in
Old 04-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Sage Icon

Well here's to hoping you get bored real soon

Multi-disc sets are an important feature (and super-popular)
Old 04-21-2009, 05:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Sean,

Just upgraded to 2.2 today first time using the new setup (I think my other was still 1.8 or older) I am seeing the info in the log, any advice?

Thanks in advance

B
Attached Files
File Type: txt log.txt (15.7 KB, 210 views)
Old 04-21-2009, 05:49 PM
SageTVaholic

B, I can see by the log file that you did a fanart search for WWE Smackdown and it failed because tvdb didn't find anything for that show? Is everything else working for you?
Old 04-21-2009, 06:06 PM
SageTVaholic

I have all fanart going to /var/media/fanart. I can see files being downloaded there, but is there anything I should do to have the Tiki plugin pick it up? I will also post in that thread.

btw - what do I do for manual override? WWE Smackdown! is there but not WWE Friday Night Smackdown!

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=75640&lid=7

B
Old 04-21-2009, 06:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
I have all fanart going to /var/media/fanart. I can see files being downloaded there, but is there anything I should do to have the Tiki plugin pick it up? I will also post in that thread.
Tiki's plug-in has (had?) an issue with linux paths but Narflex showed him how to fix it. Not sure what the status of that is.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

btw - what do I do for manual override? WWE Smackdown! is there but not WWE Friday Night Smackdown!

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=75640&lid=7

B
Sorry, B, the tiki plugin isn't using the new apis... But if you use latest sagemc then it does support the latest fanart.

As for the smackdown issue, you can add a title override in the metadata-titles.properties in the SageTV root folder.
For example, mines looks like...
Code:
The\ Office=tvdb\:73244
House=tvdb\:73255
So i suspect for yours, you could add
Code:
WWE Friday Night Smackdown!=tvdb\:75640
Old 04-21-2009, 06:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Sorry, B, the tiki plugin isn't using the new apis... But if you use latest sagemc then it does support the latest fanart.

As for the smackdown issue, you can add a title override in the metadata-titles.properties in the SageTV root folder.
For example, mines looks like...
Code:
The\ Office=tvdb\:73244
House=tvdb\:73255
So i suspect for yours, you could add
Code:
WWE Friday Night Smackdown!=tvdb\:75640
I set it to: WWE\ Friday\ Night\ Smackdown\!=tvdb\:75640 Does it only read that properties file on load?

Assuming I need to escape the bang.

Got it, I will ask Tiki about the changeover. I am not too keen on SageMC as it seems to really slow down my extenders. (That said do love the features it offers, but the difference is appreciable)

B
Old 04-21-2009, 06:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Tiki's plug-in has (had?) an issue with linux paths but Narflex showed him how to fix it. Not sure what the status of that is.
Thanks, I have a corrected version running too.

B
Old 04-21-2009, 07:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I set it to: WWE\ Friday\ Night\ Smackdown\!=tvdb\:75640 Does it only read that properties file on load?

Assuming I need to escape the bang.
Never mind... that's doesn't work... The way the metadata titles work is that if there are more than one match returned, then bmt will pick the match that you put into the titles file. Since there are no matches returned, you net nothing

Quote:
Got it, I will ask Tiki about the changeover. I am not too keen on SageMC as it seems to really slow down my extenders. (That said do love the features it offers, but the difference is appreciable)
You may want to get a newer sagemc a try. meinmaui has been busy fixing bugs and working on various performance areas. Also, bmt will download and scale posters to a smaller size (default 200px, but it's customizable)... that has improved the icon performance as well. I also disable animations.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Sage Icon

stuckless: can you explain the title override feature in more detail so that I can add it to the document?
Old 04-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

I can't seem to get my new composite provider to show in the Metadata/Fanart Sources list
I'm using metadata-updater-2.2

Also, I'm not sure if I should be using:
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/searchProviderId=dvdprofiler_local
or
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/searchProviderId=dvdprofiler

metadata.properties file:
Code:
#Configuration Properties
#Wed Apr 22 00:09:10 EDT 2009
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/description=Composite provider that uses DVD profiler for searching and supplements with the themoviedb.com
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/detailProviderId=themoviedb.com
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/fieldsFromSearchProvider=GenreList;PosterArt;AspectRatio;Description;Duration;MPAARating;ReleaseDate;RunningTime
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/iconUrl=
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/name=DVD Profiler and themoviedb.com Provider
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/searchProviderId=dvdprofiler_local
/dvdprofilerLocal/forceRebuild=true
/dvdprofilerLocal/imageDir=C\:\\Documents and Settings\\Chris Hallowell\\My Documents\\DVD Profiler\\Databases\\Default\\Images
/dvdprofilerLocal/xmlFile=C\:\\Collection.xml
/metadata/defaultProviderId=dvdprofiler_local
/sageMetadata/alternateBackdropLocation=C\:\\Fanart
/sageMetadata/genreLevels=2
Old 04-22-2009, 05:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Never mind... that's doesn't work... The way the metadata titles work is that if there are more than one match returned, then bmt will pick the match that you put into the titles file. Since there are no matches returned, you net nothing
Would you consider this a feature request?
Quote:
You may want to get a newer sagemc a try. meinmaui has been busy fixing bugs and working on various performance areas. Also, bmt will download and scale posters to a smaller size (default 200px, but it's customizable)... that has improved the icon performance as well. I also disable animations.
I may give it a whirl again, the problem is that peeling it all back out when you're done becomes difficult. I usually end up resetting SageTV completely and that is a time consuming process when you are setting up 6 extenders. I also disable animations.

B
Old 04-22-2009, 05:40 AM
SageTVaholic

chris, the dvd profiler id is "dvdprofiler", this actually changed when I got rid of the remote and local dvd profilers, and just maintained a single profiler.

so, your configuration (metadata.properties), should look like, what you have, except that with the correct dvd profiler id, (aslo sflamm's pdf shows a working configuration as well, since he uses it)
Code:
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/description=Composite provider that uses DVD profiler for searching and supplements with the themoviedb.com
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/detailProviderId=themoviedb.com
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/name=DVD Profiler and themoviedb.com Provider
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/searchProviderId=dvdprofiler
and your default metadata provider should be
Code:
/metadata/defaultProviderId=dvdprofiler
The best way to test the changes, is to use the command line and run the command.
Code:
# java -jar MetadataTools.jar --listProviders
You should see your new provider in the list.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Would you consider this a feature request?
I've added it to the enhancement list.

Quote:
I may give it a whirl again, the problem is that peeling it all back out when you're done becomes difficult. I usually end up resetting SageTV completely and that is a time consuming process when you are setting up 6 extenders. I also disable animations.
I only have a couple of extenders, but yeah... I could see where setting up 6 would be a challenge. Normally I leave sagemc installed on the server and i switch back and forth between it and the default stv... i never really remove it. As for your extenders.... could it be as simply as cloning a "master properties" in the clients subdir, and overwriting the other client properties with it?
Old 04-22-2009, 06:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
stuckless: can you explain the title override feature in more detail so that I can add it to the document?
In there root of the SageTV dir, there is a file called, metadata-titles.properties. When a search for a show/movie happens, bmt will check each of the results returned from the search for a hit in this file. If there is a hit, then that result is selected. If no hit is found, then it will use it's normal "automatic" detection.

There are 2 ways to get information into this file. The first is to manually edit the file and add a Line like...
Code:
SearchTitle=ProviderId
for example,
Code:
Terminator\ 2=imdb\:tt334323
The second way, is when you run the tool from the command line. When you run from the commandline and you are prompted for a result, then when you select a result, then it is automatically added to the file, so that the next time, that result can be chosen automatically.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The second way, is when you run the tool from the command line. When you run from the commandline and you are prompted for a result, then when you select a result, then it is automatically added to the file, so that the next time, that result can be chosen automatically.
Does that work for movies (using dvdprofiler provider) too? When I reran the tool from the CLI on my movies (overwriting everything) i had to choose the ones that it did not autoselect again.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 04-22-2009, 07:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Does that work for movies (using dvdprofiler provider) too? When I reran the tool from the CLI on my movies (overwriting everything) i had to choose the ones that it did not autoselect again.
The first time through, it should prompt you, but if there are no search results, then it won't automatically select anything (that's B's issue above). But if you were prompted with a list of a couple of times, and then you selected, an item, then it should store that item in the metadata-titles.properties. After the scan is complete, you can check that file to see if it did store your selection. If it's not, then it's a bug.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:19 AM
Sage Icon

Updated documentation.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Stuckless,

I am sure this is somewhere

Are you pulling banners now ? ( I heard you were)

Is this only for tv or for movies too? (want to incoporate bannes in my import if they are coming down for movies as well.)

Thanks