SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Sage Icon

I installed the trial, it imported the HDPVR's .ts file just fine.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Sage Icon

I received a reply from Elecard saying that it should be supported. So I d/l'ed the Trial and imported a short clip from the HD-PVR. It did import just fine as mayamaniac stated.
However when I tried to export the video file it will only save the file in the .mpg container which does not support AAC audio. So the resulting exported file has no audio...
I will send my results to Elecard and hope that it can be fixed...

Nevermind... It plays flawlessly w/ Audio in Sage and VLC. I originally tried it in WMP and Nero Showtime and got no audio. Although both play the original uneditted versions without problem.
I am going to try to record a whole program and cut out the program segments and then join them back together tonight to see if there are any sync issues...

Last edited by dvd_maniac; 01-07-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Sage Icon

I tried recording a few shows and none of them imported into Elecard's software. It seems that only short clips work. I have yet to be able to import anythibng over 10minutes long.
I get an error dialog box but the error box contains no error or text at all, not even anything in the Title section.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Sage Icon

I also tried to load a 1 hr show and got an error. But it was late and I didn't play with it to see what the problem might be. I was also trying to pull the show off my server using another computer on the network rather than the server itself. I'll try again using the server and see if that helps at all.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 01-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I also tried to load a 1 hr show and got an error. But it was late and I didn't play with it to see what the problem might be.
Coud be a limitation of the trial version...

Old 01-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwhite View Post
Coud be a limitation of the trial version...

I guess that is true, but I never saw a limitation of import size for the trial. I've tried a smaller file (approx 1.3gb) and it would import, but I couldn't do anything else. Trying to manipulate the import at all would result in errors and the program closing out.

I know you cannot save a file under the trial version, but if they won't allow you to experience the program at all before buying it, then why even offer a trial. I don't think that is the case, I just think it won't work with HD-PVR produced files.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 02-12-2009, 12:14 PM

Elecard trial limits

Thank you for your email and interest in our product.

There is only one limitation in trial version of Elecard AVC HD Editor: you can't
"save project" and "open project". This functions are available only in full version.

Should you have any further questions please feel free to contact us again.

Best Regards,
Maxim
Fax: +7 (3822) 492-609
tsup@elecard.net.ru
www.elecard.com
Old 05-25-2009, 09:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Four and a half months later vs. post #18 - does anyone know if Videredo is making any progress on H.264?
Old 05-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Four and a half months later vs. post #18 - does anyone know if Videredo is making any progress on H.264?
Hang it there. It shouldn't be much longer. VideoRedo has stated on their own forum that they expect to have a beta with H.264 support available by the end of this month.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Five days and less than seven hours to go (or less - and I checked to ensure that they are in the Eastern time zone). They have said "close" for so long that I had given up!
Old 05-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Five days and less than seven hours to go (or less - and I checked to ensure that they are in the Eastern time zone). They have said "close" for so long that I had given up!
It appears to be 2 steps forward and 1 step back. VideoRedo updated the post on their forum to say that the new version won't be available until sometime next week and they're now calling it an alpha rather than a beta release. I guess we'll have to wait until next week and see what they release.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
It appears to be 2 steps forward and 1 step back. VideoRedo updated the post on their forum to say that the new version won't be available until sometime next week and they're now calling it an alpha rather than a beta release. I guess we'll have to wait until next week and see what they release.
Its all just sematics anyway. What separates an alpha from a beta, a beta from an RC and an RC from a final release all depends on how mature the developer feels his code has become. There are no real hard rules about that sort of thing. A program could be riddled full of bugs and be considered a final release. Its completely at the whim of the company or developer.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
Its all just sematics anyway. What separates an alpha from a beta, a beta from an RC and an RC from a final release all depends on how mature the developer feels his code has become. There are no real hard rules about that sort of thing. A program could be riddled full of bugs and be considered a final release. Its completely at the whim of the company or developer.
In general, I think alpha is really early stages of development where lots of things are missing or incomplete and tons of bugs. Beta stages are usually passed the mid point of development, and most of the main features are implemented. And Release Candidates means features complete and only bug testings are needed. Once the major bugs are ironed out, it goes Final.

What other software does h264 cutting besides Video Redo? I know Sony Vegas Pro 9 does it from the info on their website, but it's $600.
Quote:
Comprehensive AVCHD and HDV Support
Vegas Pro 9 software includes support for high-performance native HDV M2T playback, and 601/709 color space handling. Experience superior SD downconversion and frame-rate conversion including 24p, and precision upconversion for HD-SDI mastering. Vegas Pro 9 software also has powerful no-recompress technology for faster render times.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.

Last edited by mayamaniac; 05-26-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Google Mail has been in beta for five years and shows no signs of ever exiting. Certainly the Win7 beta was much more stable than what one normally expects from a beta. Hopefully VRD will be the same.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

I agree that the labeling is largely semantic, but I always thought the general convention was:

alpha: testing done "in house" by employees outside the development team (or done on-site by end-users brought in to put the software though its paces)

beta: testing done by a subset of the customer base (and done "in the field" rather that at the developer's place).

Of course, I'm not saying this with any real authority, I just thought those were the naming conventions Whatever the stages are called, I hope the testing comes soon and goes smoothly. Count me as one of the satisfied VideoReDo customers. I can't wait for h.264 support.

Tim