SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Arrow Utility: Skype2YAC - get caller ID from Skype

Welcome, this is a utility that enables YAC (Yet-Another-Caller-ID) messages to be sent to YAC listeners from Skype calls. In conjunction with SageInfoPopup CallerID/Message popup plug-in for SageTV, this allows you to display Skype caller ID directly in your SageTV user interface.

Install Skype2YAC on the same computer as your Skype Software. Next, go to File / Preferences to define the list of YAC listener addresses. And, yes this software does support alternate YAC listener ports just like Nielm's modded YAC program. This software replaces the YAC program, so unless you are also needing to send caller ID on behalf of a modem connection, there is no need to install the main YAC program.

Skype2YAC runs in the Windows system tray and includes an option to automatically start upon user logon. Skype2YAC also includes test functions that allow you to send test caller ID messages and general test messages to the list of YAC listeners to make sure the YAC listeners are all working properly.

After installing and starting Skype2YAC, you will have to "Approve" access to Skype2YAC in the Skype Software.

Please post any comments or issues to this thread. This program is currently in BETA.

Thank You, shadeBlue.com

More Information is located on the DOWNLOADS page

Last edited by shadeblue.com; 12-30-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

I apologize, but if you were one of the first 5 to download this program, the ZIP file was corrupt. It has been fixed and you can re-download to get a working copy.

Thank You

Last edited by shadeblue.com; 08-03-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:56 AM
Sage Icon

Thumbs up

This looks really cool...thanks!

P
Old 08-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
This looks really cool...thanks!

P
Thanks for the feedback!

I have noticed one minor issue so far.... when a Skype call comes in and the caller is defined as a contact in Skype, all the proper information shows up in the caller ID data; however, if the caller is not defined as a contact record in Skype, then the caller ID data contains the caller's number and your own SkypeIn number. All my original testing was from callers where I had contact records already defined in Skype. So I will need to look into this and see what can be done to fix it, possibly just omitting the local SkypeIn number.

>> ISSUE FIXED IN REV 1.0.2 <<

Thanks again!

Last edited by shadeblue.com; 08-09-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:31 AM
Sage User

Suggestion

I have been running this script to supress the Skype popup since I get a notification in Sage of incoming calls. Would be nice if this was included with Skype2Yac.

Nice work BTW.

'// Create a Skype4COM object:
Set oSkype = WScript.CreateObject("Skype4COM.Skype","Skype_")

'// Start the Skype client:
If Not oSkype.Client.IsRunning Then oSkype.Client.Start() End If

'// Connect to the Skype API:
oSkype.Attach

oSkype.SilentMode=True

msgbox "WScript will run in the background to keep Skype Silent Mode enabled"

'// Run an infinite loop to ensure the connection remains active:
Do While True
WScript.Sleep(60000)
Loop
SJQ, MovieTimes, NetFlilx plugins
Old 08-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetronboy View Post
I have been running this script to supress the Skype popup since I get a notification in Sage of incoming calls. Would be nice if this was included with Skype2Yac.

Great Idea! It has been added in version 1.0.2.

FYI, the first time Skype2YAC attempts to put Skype into SILENT mode, Skype will prompt with a confirmation dialog. You will also need to select the option on this confirmation dialog that says ... don't ask me again.

Thanks!

Last edited by shadeblue.com; 08-09-2008 at 08:49 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

RELEASE 1.0.2

NEW RELEASE !!!

- Release 1.0.2 (2008-08-09)
  • fixed caller ID telephone number for PSTN calls
  • fixed caller ID telephone number for P2P calls
  • added support for suppressing Skype popups; silent mode
  • added support for configuring text to display for unknown caller name
  • added support for displaying call type in caller ID number
  • added support for enabling/disabling caller ID relay for PSTN calls
  • added support for enabling/disabling caller ID relay for P2P calls

Available on download page: HERE
Old 08-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

FYI, you can run both Skype2YAC and YAC at the same time to capture caller ID from a traditional telephone line and caller ID from Skype calls.

This is how my system is setup, both Skype2YAC and YAC send caller ID to my SageTV and displayed using Nielm's caller ID/info popup plugin.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Skype Outlook Contacts

Just a side note,

If any of you Skype users need a way to import Microsoft Outlook contacts telephone numbers into Skype for use with SkypeOut calling .... there is a free utility on our website that can achieve this:

http://www.shadeblue.com/products/sk...t/default.aspx

Cheers,
shadeBlue

Last edited by shadeblue.com; 08-27-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Does Nielm's plugin work with the latest SageMC?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Does Nielm's plugin work with the latest SageMC?
Hi mkanet,

I can't answer this personally as I am not running SageMC, but I have read that users have had some level of success using it in SageMC. You may find more answers in this thread or maybe get a definite answer if post your question there for that audience:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ghlight=sagemc

Cheers!
shadeBlue
Old 08-27-2008, 06:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Wow shadeBlue, it worked right out of the box! I didnt do anything except for rename the sageTV import to xml. I changed the telephone image.

This is getting a little picky, but is there a way to change the background color and popup text font size? If there's no easy way, do you know where I can do it in studio?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeblue.com View Post
Hi mkanet,

I can't answer this personally as I am not running SageMC, but I have read that users have had some level of success using it in SageMC. You may find more answers in this thread or maybe get a definite answer if post your question there for that audience:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ghlight=sagemc

Cheers!
shadeBlue

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-27-2008, 07:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Wow shadeBlue, it worked right out of the box! I didnt do anything except for rename the sageTV import to xml. I changed the telephone image.

This is getting a little picky, but is there a way to change the background color and popup text font size? If there's no easy way, do you know where I can do it in studio?

Thanks!
Yes, I'm pretty sure you can use studio and make these changes. I'm no expert (actually a beginner) on SageTV development, but I found it searching for "NeilmInfoPopupTheme", under that node there are nested properties that look like what you are looking for. Just expand all the nodes under "NeilmInfoPopupTheme" and you should find them. By the way, I'm just guessing that is where you would tweak it, I did not write that STVi import, so hopefully I'm not misleading you On that note, you probably want to backup your file before making any changes to it

Cheers,
shadeBlue
Old 08-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

does this work on the hd-100?
Gaming Rig:Q6600 Quad O/C to 2.8ghz, 4GB DDR2 1066 RAM, Geforce 8600GTS
Misc: Onkyo TX-SR705 Receiver, Netgear Pro Safe 16port Gig Switch, Cat6 cabling, Linksys WRT54G running tomato firmware
Old 08-31-2008, 12:25 AM
SageTVaholic

I am gettting unwanted skype status messages such as skype is now idle, etc... in the middle of my movies. How do I disable status messages permanently? I tried changing the timeout value to 999 for "show me as away" and show me as "idle". But that doesnt see to help.

Also, is there a way for me to disable messages showing up when I'm making an outgoing call?

Thanks I'm really liking this plugin!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-31-2008, 11:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by killervette View Post
does this work on the hd-100?
Yes it does work, somewhat. There is a current bug either in the HD extender or in the Nielm plugin that is preventing this from working 100% of the time, so it is not reliable at this time.

Please see this thread for more info:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=229
Old 08-31-2008, 11:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I am gettting unwanted skype status messages such as skype is now idle, etc... in the middle of my movies. How do I disable status messages permanently? I tried changing the timeout value to 999 for "show me as away" and show me as "idle". But that doesnt see to help.

Also, is there a way for me to disable messages showing up when I'm making an outgoing call?

Thanks I'm really liking this plugin!

Hi mkanet,

Glad to here this is useful for you. As for the status messages, easy solution. In the Skype2Yac program, open the Preferences dialog and uncheck the option: "Send YAC messages for Skype status messages"

This should disable all status messages from being broadcast to Sage from Skype2Yac.

Cheers!
shadeBlue
Old 08-31-2008, 11:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

If you are talking about caller id messages showing up when you make an outbound call ..... well, it should not be doing that If it is, that must be a bug and probably an easy fix. What version of Skype are you using and are you running the latest version of Skype2Yac?
Old 08-31-2008, 11:39 PM
SageTVaholic

That did it!... one last question..

I'd like this program to load upon windows startup. However, when I put it to start in my windows startup group, instead of it loading quietly to the windows system tray, it opens up a window in the middle of my screen. Is there anyway to get it to load quietly?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeblue.com View Post
Hi mkanet,

Glad to here this is useful for you. As for the status messages, easy solution. In the Skype2Yac program, open the Preferences dialog and uncheck the option: "Send YAC messages for Skype status messages"

This should disable all status messages from being broadcast to Sage from Skype2Yac.

Cheers!
shadeBlue

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-31-2008, 11:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
That did it!... one last question..

I'd like this program to load upon windows startup. However, when I put it to start in my windows startup group, instead of it loading quietly to the windows system tray, it opens up a window in the middle of my screen. Is there anyway to get it to load quietly?

Thanks!
Yes, in the Preferences dialog, check the option to "Automatically Start With Windows". This will add a registry key in Windows to run the program on start. It does not need to be in the Startup folder with this option checked.