SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 04-23-2003, 07:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Upgrade Policy

I am thinking of buying the recorder software before the special runs out. It doesn't do every thing I would like, but there have been a lot of improvements.
My question is, if I buy now how long will I be able to upgrade before I have to purchase a newer version?
Old 04-24-2003, 06:55 AM
SageTV Co-Founder

Upgrades will be free for future versions of both SageTV and SageRecorder.

Do you have any future suggestions for SageRecorder that you haven't already given us?
Old 04-24-2003, 11:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally posted by dkardatzke
Do you have any future suggestions for SageRecorder that you haven't already given us?
1) With the Creative Video Blaster you can limit the size of the buffer used for to pause live shows. This way the hard drive doesn't fill up.

2) The user interface is designed so you can use a remote control to run the software, including programming recordings. This means large buttons and fonts that can be read on a low resolution TV and selections that can be selected using only up and down arrows.

3) You can schedule a recording for Monday thru Friday for a time like 7pm to 8pm. You can then tell it to only keep three shows, after that the oldest is deleated to free up disk space.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Don't forget about the multi speed fast forward like tivo and can recall the last channel you had been on before the current one (Sorry did mean to horn in but i kinda liked both thoughs features of the DVCR which are not yet in Sagetv). Sorry i know this was for Sagerecorder but when i saw this i just had to chime in.
AMD athlon64X2 3800+, Foxconn (Winfast 6150K8MA-8EKRS) 6150, Windows Vista Ultimate, Geforce FX EVGA 7800gt CO, 1gig 400mhz ddr Ram, 500 gig Western Digital Sata 2 hard drive 8 meg cache, Tuners: Wintv PVR 500 dual tuner, Fusion3 GoldT, NEC 3540a dvd+rw, Sagetv 5.0 Dell 20.1" 2005FPW

Last edited by Crazedz; 04-24-2003 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:15 PM
SageTV Co-Founder

Thanks for the input, I will tell you that there are some things we won't be doing to SageRecorder because they already exist on SageTV. We make the remote control support available for SageRecorder so you can access some of the basic functionality but SageRecorder will never have a full-screen interface like SageTV.

#2 above is covered by using SageTV and #3 is on our list to get added to SageTV. Our goal is to keep SageRecorder available as a simple alternative to the standard applications that get shipped with most cards. Our goal with SageTV is to make it the ultimate PVR app for the PC. (Wait until you see networking and video streaming with a full screen interface on remote PCs via remote control!)
Old 04-24-2003, 12:16 PM
SageTV Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazedz
Don't forget about the multi speed fast forward like tivo and can recall the last channel you had been on before the current one (Sorry did mean to horn in but i kinda liked both thoughs features of the DVCR).
Last channel is now an option for SageTV in v1.2.8.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally posted by dkardatzke
Last channel is now an option for SageTV in v1.2.8.
Yipe!! Uhh i didn't know you were watching! J/K

Ok thanks dkardatzke i hadn't noticed that one but i did notice that Sagetv now detects the window size and remembers it thats a nice one as well.