SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:02 PM

Newbie Here, Need Help With Remote Setup

Hello all, I have installed Sagetv and am having big problems getting the channel changing to work. I am using a Gyration rf/ir remote and can't get it to change the channels. I have tried selecting the usbirt option in setup but then it tells my that a plugin is missing. Can someone tell me if this remote will actually work with Sage and if so how can I set it up? I have done a bit of searching these forums, but can't seem to find any solid info.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

The USB-UIRT will work with about any IR remote. I have a RF Gyration keyboard and mouse that work great with Sagetv.

What are you using to get TV into Sage?(tuner board,capture device)
What source are you using?(Cable,Satellite,Over The Air)

Sage needs a way to receive commands and a way to send commands to your source device.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:43 PM

Thanks for the Reply. Ok I just hooked up an HDPVR and I also have a hauppauge hvr-1800 installed. My set top box is a SA Explorer 4250HDC. The Gyration is the one with separate keyboard and remote with Mouse control built into the remote. I have an IR blaster hooked up to the back of my computer and everything works fine In Vista MCE. Wish I could get it all working with sage.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:39 AM
SageTVaholic

SageTV does not natively support the Gyration as a remote. You have to have a USB-UIRT if you chose that in Sage. If you have two Hauppague tuners in one PC you will probably have trouble using that IR remote also. This is a known issue with Hauppague's tuners. (Even if just one of them has an IR.) To use your Gyration with Sage you'll need a third party app like Girder, EventGhost, HIP, etc.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:11 PM

Thanks for the info. I have been messing around with the new hdpvr and finally seem to have it working after disabling the hvr -1800. I now have limited use of the gyration remote and keyboard while using the hdpvr blaster. I am brand new to Sage, and so far, while it has taken me a LOT of experimentation, it looks like a pretty good program. I am digging the HD picture most of all.