SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Sage Expert

Turn channel off on one tuner only

How can I turn a channel off on one tuner only? When I try to turn off a digital channel that one tuner can't receive, it also turns it off on the other tuner. The tuners are HVR-950 and HVR-980. Thanks!
Old 10-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Sage Icon

Create a second lineup for which ever tuner has the problem, tell sage you are in the next zip code over.

So basically you must have 2 complete lineups 1 for each tuner and if it's the same provider then need to be in 2 different zip codes.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Sage Expert

It doesn't ask me for a zip. It has me choose a lineup by market.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Sage Expert

I'm using OTA, not cable...
Old 10-24-2008, 10:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is it really the ZIP code that differentiates, or is it the line-up from Zap2It that needs to be different? For instance, I have FIOSTV, all of Buffalo has the same lineup from Zap2It. If I switch to the next zip code over, it is still the same line-up "Verizon Fios Buffalo - Digital".
Old 10-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Sage Icon

I had the same issue last weekend. I am in Raleigh, NC and I needed to find a lineup with the same OTA stations. I was able to use a close city. Greensboro, NC and got it to work. I am not sure what you would do if you don't live in an area where the stations overlap a little bit.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Sage Expert

I live in Los Angeles, and the LA lineup includes cities for 100 miles around, so it wouldn't be practical to use a different city.

There are two choices in LA -- local and digital (I'll leave out analog which disappears in Jan). So, I used digital for one and local for the other. So far so good.

Except that, now, it tries to record many Favorites twice at the same time -- once with the digital lineup and once with the local (currently mostly analog) lineup. Can't it tell that those are exactly the same programs?

Last edited by freedml; 10-24-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Administrator

You can tell SageTV to use a copy of a lineup when the sources are using different input types. When using the same connection on another tuner, set this property to be given the option of copying the lineup when configuring a tuner's guide data:

epg/force_ask_to_copy_lineup=true

You can then configure the enabled channels in the lineups separately.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Sage Expert

I don't see that property, but lots of other epg properties. Do I have to add it or am I looking in the wrong place?
Old 10-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

freedml,

Have you remapped the physical channel of the local lineup to the digital lineup? (the bottom option on re-map) I currently have three types of tuners, and here is my setup:

1. Buffalo FIOSTV Digital - Cable Box to Analog SVideo input on PVR-150 (I delete all HD Channels)
2. Boston FIOSTV Digital - HD Cable Box to HD-PVR, delete all STDV and QAM channels from lineup (this works because all non-local channels with FIOS have the same channel #, at least as far as I can see)
3. Local or No-Lineup - HD-Homerun, I then map the virtual channel numbers to the same numbers as #1 and #2, and I also map this physical channel to the lineup (bottom option on remap)

I now don't see any duplicate channels and get only one set of recordings.