SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Sage User

Can't get Web-based User Interface to install

I have vista premium and I am trying to get all my shows from BTV to show up in Sage. I have converted the btv xml file to sage xml and need to import it via the Web-based User Interface . I tried the installer, but shows greyed out where the port numbers would go. So I looked at the manual install instructions and don't understand them. I already have a JARs folder in program files sagetv. Please help. Isn't there an easier way. Too many days spent already.

Last edited by SSBrian; 11-04-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Brian,
Have you tried this method of converting BTV show information into SageTV?
Old 11-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Sage User

Yes thats what I have been doing. I can't get the webserver to install. After I have it installed all i need to do is import the file i converted.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Sage User

Brent, I cannot get the Webserver to install automatically, the ports screen is greyed out. And I don't understand the manual install explained below:

If you are not running Windows, or the installer does not work for you, please skip to the Manual Installation section below

**Windows VISTA** If UAC is enabled, Windows Vista does some very odd things with the location of the .properties files. Manual installation is recommended.

Installation with Installer ¶
Download the latest webserver installer from SourceForge (~800Kb)
**IMPORTANT** If you are upgrading from a previous version, and have customised your menu_items.js, you should backup that file (C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\webserver\webroot\sage\menu_items.js).
Shutdown SageTV, SageTVClient, and the SageTVService (if used)
start the installer, and follow the prompts, which allow you to set the ports, user/password, and webserver options.

Restart SageTV.
point your web browser at: http://localhost:8080/sage/Home (or use the Start Menu links in the SageTV group), and enter the username/password you chose above. Make sure you DO NOT add a "/" at the end of the URL after the word "Home" or the page may not fully display or will display improperly with some errors.
Check that the version displayed at the bottom of the screen is correct

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manual Installation ¶
Download the latest webserver zipfile from SourceForge (~600Kb)
**IMPORTANT** If you are upgrading from a previous version, backup your realms.properties file (C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\webserver\realms.properties)to preserve username/password information.
**IMPORTANT** If you are upgrading from a previous version, and have customised your menu_items.js, you should also backup that file (C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\webserver\webroot\sage\menu_items.js).
**IMPORTANT** If you are upgrading from a v1.x version, you must delete the following directory trees in your SageTV directory: Acme
net/sf/sageplugins/sageutils
net/sf/sageplugins/webserver
If you want to keep your v1.x modifications to menu.properties for reference, you must backup the file C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\webserver\menu.properties
Unpack the contents into your SageTV directory 'C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV' (for SageTV ver 5.0 and above), making sure that you preserve the folder structure.
This should create 2 files (nielm_sageutls.jar and nielm_webserver.jar) in SageTV/JARs and a directory tree containing files in SageTV/webserver/*
Restore the backed up realms.properties file, and merge in your modifications to the new menu_items.js file.
Edit the file C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\webserver\realms.properties.
Change the default username and password "sage:frey" into the the username and password that you wish to use, separated by a colon as in the original, eg. for user "private" and password "secret":
SageTV Web Interface=/sage,private:secret
If using the SageTV service, stop the service (either by running the service control application, or by doing net stop sagetv on a commandline, or via the control panel/administrative tools/services tool)
If not using the service, just shut down SageTV -- make sure it is really shut down, not just sleeping in the taskbar.
Edit the file Sage.properties which you might find in this path:
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV
If running Vista, you may find Sage.properties in
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV
Add the value
net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer
to the properties line
load_at_startup_runnable_classes=
If anything already exists in this line, separate each item with a semicolon ';'
Note that this is case-sensitive and there must be no spaces at all in this line. eg load_at_startup_runnable_classes=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer
if you dont want to, or cannot use the default port of 8080, specify the port number using the following properties line: nielm/webserver/port=8080
if you want Sage to perform UPnP Port Forwarding for the webserver port (like it does for the placeshifter port), ensure the 2 following lines are in the properties file, (the port number should be the one specified above) upnp_port_forward_additional_mappings/WebServer/TCP/8080=8080
placeshifter_port_forward_method=xUPnP
restart SageTV or the SageTV service.
point your web browser at: http://localhost:8080/sage/Home, and enter the username/password you chose above. Make sure you DO NOT add a "/" at the end of the URL after the word "Home" or the page may not fully display or will display improperly with some errors.
Check that the version displayed at the bottom of the screen is correct
Installation on a Sage Client ¶
The webserver can also run in client systems, (or when using the service, the SageTV user interface).

This gives the ability to remotely stop or start playback, and to see what is currently playing on the client, or even to use a web browser as a remote control (webremote)

Follow the same installation instructions above, but ensure that the SageTV/Client User interface is closed and edit the SageClient.properties file instead. Note that if you are also running the webserver in the service, or running multiple clients on the same system, you may need to choose a different port to allow the 2 servers to co-exist (see WebserverCustomisation