SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Just for your info, I had my system working great.

This evening I've added a Nova-t-500, PowerDVD, PowerCinema and VLC.

Somewhere along the lines its stopped working. I've uninstalled everything, including the drivers and its still the same.

The last thing I'll try is removing the nova-t-500. If that doesn't work I'll be reinstalling the OS again.

You may have to do a similar thing
Doc,
Before you uninstall, look through your dvbehancer log file and find the tuner numbers for the Nova-t 500 (ie #4 Tuner Filter Info.....), then add them to the excluded tuners.

If you have added extra tuners to your system the original tuner numbers may change.

ExcludeTuners=1,2,3,5,6,7
DVBS2Tuners=4

Last edited by zzmystique; 04-28-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzmystique View Post
Doc,
Before you uninstall, look through your dvbehancer log file and find the tuner numbers for the Nova-t 500 (ie #4 Tuner Filter Info.....), then add them to the excluded tuners.

If you have added extra tuners to your system the original tuner numbers may change.

ExcludeTuners=1,2,3,5,6,7
DVBS2Tuners=4
I went through the tuner lineup and excluded the others, then I removed the other card.

It selects the right tuner but says failed to acquire signal.

I'm half way through rebuilding now, its good practice and if it works I can reinstall things 1 by 1 to see where it went wrong.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Exclamation

Quote:
I went through the tuner lineup and excluded the others, then I removed the other card.

It selects the right tuner but says failed to acquire signal.

I'm half way through rebuilding now, its good practice and if it works I can reinstall things 1 by 1 to see where it went wrong.
i run my sagetv server with dvbe4sage with many dvb-s2 cards from technotrend, i use 2 SAT providers same time, and planning add one more. dvbe4sage is amazing.

Sage Server: [s]8xDVB-S2 with DVBE4Sage on YES DBS Israel 4W (3 virtual tuners) ,[/s] 3 x HD300 Extenders; 3 x HD200 Extender; 3 x SageTV Client;
Old 04-29-2010, 06:44 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkiller View Post
i run my sagetv server with dvbe4sage with many dvb-s2 cards from technotrend, i use 2 SAT providers same time, and planning add one more. dvbe4sage is amazing.
You must watch a lot more TV than I do! My cupboards a lot smaller than that, but not much tidier......

Since getting back Saturday I've watched 1 programme, there's just nothing worth watching - just lots of election coverage which sends me to sleep

Anyway back to DVBE, I reinstalled the OS, tested and got failed to acquire signal messages. I then installed Sage, which at the end wanted to install Java. Yes I'd forgotten to install it.

Once that installed its all working again, which makes me wonder if the problems before were Java related.

Anyway all is back up and working
Old 04-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Sage User

CAMS

I have DVBE4SAGE working at last although it is running on a brand new box with nothing else installed or configured, my next problem is the CAM, I have tried HADU but get failures, I have FLYCCCAM but its registered to my other server, can anyboday advise the best SOFTCAM, I need one that can point to my Dreambox CCCAM
Old 05-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by saneboy View Post
Michael, could you send me instructions on what is required to configure this? I'm also a bev user, and would like to dump by dvbdream -> network encoder -> sage setup.

Thanks.

S
Sorry if this seems impatient, but is there anyone who can help with a BEV setup?

S
Old 05-03-2010, 05:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

saneboy,

Sorry, I was quite busy recently. Please, send me your email via PM and I'll send you the instructions.
Server: Core i3 2100, 4GB RAM, 6TB recording storage, Windows 2008 R2, 6xDVB-C with DVBE4SAGE on Foxtel Cable (7 virtual tuners) - currently dormant, pending Orange card decryption problem resolution...
Client 1 (living room): HD300 on FHD 55' Samsung 3D LCD TV
Client 2 (child's room): Regular desktop computer, Win 7 x32 on HD-Ready 26' Sharp LCD TV
Client 3 (bedroom): Intel T7200 C2D (2.13GHz), NVIDIA GeForce 430, Silverstone Multimedia Chassis, Win 7 x32 on HD-Ready 32' Sharp LCD TV
Old 05-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpogr View Post
saneboy,

Sorry, I was quite busy recently. Please, send me your email via PM and I'll send you the instructions.
Michael, sorry to be so impatient.

I seem not to have permissions to send a PM, so at peril of additional spam, here's my address: saneboy @ hotmail.com

Thanks,
S
Old 05-12-2010, 11:13 AM

dvbe4sagetv

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkiller View Post
Hi mpogr,
as i remember you had .pdf document about installation and configuration of dvbe4sage. may be good idea to release it to public?
Hi, i've been doing a bit of fishing around and stumbled across this, it's by far the most comprehensive guide that i've found from start to finish,check it out.

http://diginerve.blogspot.com/2010/0...-with-dvb.html
Old 05-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbeaco View Post
Hi, i've been doing a bit of fishing around and stumbled across this, it's by far the most comprehensive guide that i've found from start to finish,check it out.

http://diginerve.blogspot.com/2010/0...-with-dvb.html
I saw this too. It's very comprehensive.

S
Old 05-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

It seems like there maybe an issue with DVBE4Sage on WHS (win2003). After using it for months, I tried to add another card and it all stopped working. Nothing I've tried will get DVBE4sage to tune. I've tried it with WinXP and it works fine, but I don't really want to run 2 servers.

Anybody else having success with WHS/Win2003?

Cheers

Whitey
Old 05-14-2010, 07:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

I had to give up on server2003, bought another server and have windows 7 on it... all worked in about 5 minutes... i can't say WHY we have so many issues with win2k3, but I did.

I would prefer to run it on server2003 if anyone wants to look at it, it's costing me 345W 24/7 !

Will
Old 05-14-2010, 07:50 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
Anybody else having success with WHS/Win2003?
My test box works fine on Win2003 with DVBEnhancer - though I'm not using a cam with it.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
My test box works fine on Win2003 with DVBEnhancer - though I'm not using a cam with it.
Well I knew that would happen, one person has problems but another has it working fine! Like I said I've been running it fine for months until I installed a new card.

Whitey
Old 05-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

After a little help please.

Might be me being stupid but when I download dvb4sage I don’t have a .ini file.

I’m I missing something or does the new version not need the ini file.

Have changed the setting when I run dvb4sage.exe but running into problems.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

DVBEnhancer and SageTV 7

Will DVB Enhancer work with SageTV 7?

I haven't had a try it yet, my test box is out of commission at the moment due to moving the HVR4000 into my main system when one of the cards failed.

My main system (except for the card failure) has been working a treat and I am reluctant to change it unless there is a good chance it will work smoothly.

Would be interested to find out other users experiences.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Sage User

Could not start recording

I have been having lots of problems with test recordings as can be seen from my earlier posts, but I finally have it working, the problem was my wintv88x card, for some reason if this is installed DVBE4SAGE will not start a recording on any other card, but once completely removed and a driver clean up is performed the recordings work. This may help somebody in the future
Old 05-24-2010, 10:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

I got v7 working over the weekend, i need the web server to work in my setup, and i had to re-install a few times...

i have my virtual tuners working, i am getting a load of decoding issues, but i'm using a pay server so it may not be related to anything....

will keep everyone posted...

Now we have Radio support i guess for the uk we need some mod for the channels - radio channels ie 0101 get mapped as 101 (ie BBC radio 1 tunes to BBC1)

i guess we need to send the leading zero.

Will
Old 05-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Sage Expert

mpogr, you are a legend.

Had not used SageTV in earnest since the white sly card arrived. Did play around with getting dvbe4sage setup again but haven't had the time. I've been suffering the dog slow dullness of the SlyHD box.

As the new beta finally arrived, I got installed and plugged dvbe4sage into the mix. It works perfectly. The Firedtv tuner is a bit sluggish but the tt-3200 card tunes in seconds.

Wondering what cards other UK users are using that perform well? I'm due an upgrade of kit shortly so would prefer a pci-e dual dvb-s2 card to replace the tt and firedtv.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

I was using the FireDTV DVB-S2 cards (2 of), but i recently retired these and purchased for a different project 2 of the Dual DVB-S2 cards TBS 6980. Over the weekend i moved these into my DVBE4SAGE server and they so far appear to be working well. (Have yet to really stress them but initial tests are good).

-d