SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-27-2010, 05:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian.flynn View Post
Dual DVB-S2 cards TBS 6980. Over the weekend i moved these into my DVBE4SAGE server and they so far appear to be working well.
What are you using as a card reader? Or is it just Freesat?
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 05-27-2010, 06:08 AM
Sage Expert

That was going to be my next question also. I'm using a serial reader at the moment, can't remember where it came from. Hoping someone can suggest a USB reader so I'm not limited to motherboards that have a serial port on my next upgrade.

The company that sell that dual card appear to have one:

http://www.tbsdtv.com/english/product/3102.html
Old 05-27-2010, 06:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark SS View Post
That was going to be my next question also. I'm using a serial reader at the moment, can't remember where it came from. Hoping someone can suggest a USB reader so I'm not limited to motherboards that have a serial port on my next upgrade.

The company that sell that dual card appear to have one:

http://www.tbsdtv.com/english/product/3102.html
Mark SS: I use TechnoTrend, 8 (eight)x DVBS TT3600 cards connected to my system, they USB, and amazing.
I use 2 providers with smartbee card readers.

Sage Server: [s]8xDVB-S2 with DVBE4Sage on YES DBS Israel 4W (3 virtual tuners) ,[/s] 3 x HD300 Extenders; 3 x HD200 Extender; 3 x SageTV Client;
Old 05-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Sage User

It works!!

I now have everything up and running, only took 4 months and wouldn't have happened without the help of Damian Flynn , Thank you so much I can't tell you how much I appreciate you giving up you precious time to help over the last few hurdles.

SageTV 7 - DVBe4Sage - Dreambox tuning into Sky UK channels perfectly

Thanks Damian
Old 05-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

How did you get the 6980 to work??

When I put this in I only see one Digital Tuner?

When adding a new device, it reports;

component
composite
composite_2
digital tuner
s-video
s_video_2

How do I get to the second tuner????

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian.flynn View Post
Hi,

I was using the FireDTV DVB-S2 cards (2 of), but i recently retired these and purchased for a different project 2 of the Dual DVB-S2 cards TBS 6980. Over the weekend i moved these into my DVBE4SAGE server and they so far appear to be working well. (Have yet to really stress them but initial tests are good).

-d
Old 05-29-2010, 05:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is there are good turorial for this?

I notice that Sage TV does not detect both tuners on the duel TBS-6980, only one.

However, dvbe4sage does seem to see both when I start that, but I don't really know what dvbe4sage is or how to set it up.

Is there any good help guides for this? maybe using this I can get access to both tuners???
Old 05-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sage v7 alledges that the PAUSE has gone..

i am still getting long pauses on channel changes.. anyone else got a better setup, I've recently changed decoder s/w to hulu and that's faster than my previous version, but i'd like rid of the pause ?

Will
Old 05-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

moamoa,

You could try here for some set up information:-

http://diginerve.blogspot.com/2010/0...-with-dvb.html

I also have a 6980 and dvbe4sage running with SageTV 7.

Good luck,

David
Old 05-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cheers,

I think there are a still issues with native DVB support in SageTV. In one of my test servers i have 3 different dvbs cards but only 1 of these is actually detected by sage. so i still recommend you use the dvb4sage tool, as per my blog posting.

-d
Old 05-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Question

currently i use dvbe4sage + sagetv v6.
I plan to upgrade to v7 beta, it's worth to do it for production environment? it's stable?

Sage Server: [s]8xDVB-S2 with DVBE4Sage on YES DBS Israel 4W (3 virtual tuners) ,[/s] 3 x HD300 Extenders; 3 x HD200 Extender; 3 x SageTV Client;
Old 06-02-2010, 12:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yea, it's reasonably stable. I have a big installation and moved to v7.

There are issues. Their new font system doesn't support BIDI (i.e. hebrew) but it's correctable by erasing the "font" directory.

I don't like the new UI, but there is an enhanced "old" ui that works very well.

Extenders run much faster.

Metadata is also embedded into recordings so no more wiz.bin catastrophes.

Be aware that if you have SW clients, you must move both the server and the clients to V.7
Old 06-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Sage User

Seamless Transitions with DVBE4Sage and Sage 7?

Quick question is there any way to get seamless program transitions while using DVBE4SAGE as the network encoders? All my cards are linked into the service and it works great but just wanted to know if there is a setting that will allow the transitions that Sage 7 now has built in and work when using a card not used by dvbe4sage?
Old 06-06-2010, 03:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

I haven't made the transition to 7 yet, as it reportedly has problems with Hebrew (the text is reverted), but from a couple of others' reports I see the transition went just fine, nothing special was required.
Server: Core i3 2100, 4GB RAM, 6TB recording storage, Windows 2008 R2, 6xDVB-C with DVBE4SAGE on Foxtel Cable (7 virtual tuners) - currently dormant, pending Orange card decryption problem resolution...
Client 1 (living room): HD300 on FHD 55' Samsung 3D LCD TV
Client 2 (child's room): Regular desktop computer, Win 7 x32 on HD-Ready 26' Sharp LCD TV
Client 3 (bedroom): Intel T7200 C2D (2.13GHz), NVIDIA GeForce 430, Silverstone Multimedia Chassis, Win 7 x32 on HD-Ready 32' Sharp LCD TV
Old 06-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Sage User

Hi all!!

I am trying to get this to run on Foxtel In Australia.

I have setup the ini file and it is finding transponders and I managed to get it to record one of the FTA Channels but when I use the record option all I seem to get is Audio in the recorded file, there is no video at all.

I then continued to try and set it up in Sage as per the instructions here http://diginerve.blogspot.com/2010/0...-with-dvb.html
but I am not able to see any previews at all.

Is there a log file that it creates?

Also I am a little lost as to how it interacts with card reader and the softcam, I have not found any instructions on how to configure the softcam with this app?

I am currently using Newcs and DVBViewer for testing and it is working with the encrypted chanels so everything is working fine in regard to the Tuner and the Card Reader

Also i noted a an earlier post in this thread that this plugin was developped for recording, does this mean that you can not watch live with it?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated

Paul

Last edited by plnewton; 06-08-2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Guys and Gals

I've had a bit of a break since my last attempt because I was having 'File operation failed' messages. The link to the original post is below

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=215

I was told that it might be due to stability issues, but I have no idea where to check for any issues it might be having. The machine in question seems rock solid with everything else I throw at it. It's been on 24/7 for at least the past 18 months being used as a file storage computer and print server.

Is it worth trying the new beta? Or is there some kind of log I can view to see what might be causing it?
I've tried 2 types of DVB-S2 card. A Floppy-DTV and a Technotrend 3200-S2, both of which have the same issue. I'm using NDSCAM, which was sent to me from someone with a working system, so I doubt it's that.

Please help, at this point I'll try anything.

Thanks in advance

John
Antec Sonata III, Abit AN-M2HD, AMD 4200+, Thermalright SI-128 Cooler, 2GB OCZ DDR2, 2x500Gb + 1x1Tb Samsung Spinpoint SATA II, Hauppauge Nova-T500, Technotrend 3200-S2 with CI, Oasis II CAM. Windows XP Home SP3, Logitech Harmony 525. Logitech DiNovo Edge
Old 06-09-2010, 04:14 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@TunerUK View Post
Hi Guys and Gals

I've had a bit of a break since my last attempt because I was having 'File operation failed' messages. The link to the original post is below

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=215

I was told that it might be due to stability issues, but I have no idea where to check for any issues it might be having. The machine in question seems rock solid with everything else I throw at it. It's been on 24/7 for at least the past 18 months being used as a file storage computer and print server.

Is it worth trying the new beta? Or is there some kind of log I can view to see what might be causing it?
I've tried 2 types of DVB-S2 card. A Floppy-DTV and a Technotrend 3200-S2, both of which have the same issue. I'm using NDSCAM, which was sent to me from someone with a working system, so I doubt it's that.

Please help, at this point I'll try anything.

Thanks in advance

John
John

Your recording folders are UNC paths. Have you tried it with local paths instead ie "d:\SageTV recordings" instead of "\\sage-server\SageTV recordings" ? It could be that DVBE doesn't have write access to these shares. I've only ever used it with local recording folders.

Also, have you tried recording unencrpyted channels? once those work then move onto using the cam software.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

John,
also try to use software not as a service. this should resolve your problem that Doc's mention without reconfigure.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Cheers guys
I haven't tried local paths as I always intended it to be run as a service, and if I remember correctly service requires network paths. Is that right?

However, I will try it out of service mode, using local paths and see if that helps.

I have tried free BBC Channels, and they suffer from the same problem. But at least I now have something to try.
Much appreciated fellas

John
Antec Sonata III, Abit AN-M2HD, AMD 4200+, Thermalright SI-128 Cooler, 2GB OCZ DDR2, 2x500Gb + 1x1Tb Samsung Spinpoint SATA II, Hauppauge Nova-T500, Technotrend 3200-S2 with CI, Oasis II CAM. Windows XP Home SP3, Logitech Harmony 525. Logitech DiNovo Edge
Old 06-09-2010, 07:27 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@TunerUK View Post
Cheers guys
I haven't tried local paths as I always intended it to be run as a service, and if I remember correctly service requires network paths. Is that right?
You only need UNC paths if you're recording to a different PC or NAS. If you're recording to the local machine its best to stick to local paths.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
You only need UNC paths if you're recording to a different PC or NAS. If you're recording to the local machine its best to stick to local paths.
when you plan to run from service, you not just need the UNC path, but proper credentials to access remote share.