SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

I myself tried using DVBE4SAGE accessing local hard drive with UNC paths (there was a reason for this which is not connected to this discussion, so I'll ommit it). It didn't work well, as for some reason C API functions used in DVBE4SAGE were erroring out from time to time. I didn't bother trying to fix this (it probably could be fixed by using native Windows APIs), just switched back to using local paths and everything returned to normal. That's what I'd suggest you to do.
Server: Core i3 2100, 4GB RAM, 6TB recording storage, Windows 2008 R2, 6xDVB-C with DVBE4SAGE on Foxtel Cable (7 virtual tuners) - currently dormant, pending Orange card decryption problem resolution...
Client 1 (living room): HD300 on FHD 55' Samsung 3D LCD TV
Client 2 (child's room): Regular desktop computer, Win 7 x32 on HD-Ready 26' Sharp LCD TV
Client 3 (bedroom): Intel T7200 C2D (2.13GHz), NVIDIA GeForce 430, Silverstone Multimedia Chassis, Win 7 x32 on HD-Ready 32' Sharp LCD TV
Old 06-09-2010, 08:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Question

mporg, from subtitle thread i understand that dvbrecorder support
export of dvbs subtitles into isub file

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ight=subtitles

here a info about

http://www.lmgestion.net/@en-us/4/22/90/94/article.asp

and sagetv plugin able to play them

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23752

How complex to implement such export into dvbe4sage for ISUB files?

Sage Server: [s]8xDVB-S2 with DVBE4Sage on YES DBS Israel 4W (3 virtual tuners) ,[/s] 3 x HD300 Extenders; 3 x HD200 Extender; 3 x SageTV Client;
Old 06-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Well, Thanks to everyone who helped.
The system is currently playing 2 different High-Def encrypted channels with 2 digital everywhere Floppy DTV's. And has been doing perfectly for the last hour.

I tried leaving sage in service mode, and just changing from UNC paths to local recording directories, and it worked first time.

I'm now going to try adding a third Floppy DTV, and with that it's done

Once again, big thanks to anyone who helped, and if anyone else needs any info, I'm only a PM away
Antec Sonata III, Abit AN-M2HD, AMD 4200+, Thermalright SI-128 Cooler, 2GB OCZ DDR2, 2x500Gb + 1x1Tb Samsung Spinpoint SATA II, Hauppauge Nova-T500, Technotrend 3200-S2 with CI, Oasis II CAM. Windows XP Home SP3, Logitech Harmony 525. Logitech DiNovo Edge
Old 06-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkiller View Post
mporg, from subtitle thread i understand that dvbrecorder support
export of dvbs subtitles into isub file

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ight=subtitles

here a info about

http://www.lmgestion.net/@en-us/4/22/90/94/article.asp

and sagetv plugin able to play them

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23752

How complex to implement such export into dvbe4sage for ISUB files?
bjkiller,

Yes, I'm aware of that. Unfortunately, the details of the file created by Stefane's plugin are sketchy, hope he won't mind providing me with more exact ones.
Unfortunately, as you well know, I'm quite preoccupied these days, so I don't see any possible way of dealing with this within 2-3 upcoming month. I hope someone else will be able to pick this up.
Server: Core i3 2100, 4GB RAM, 6TB recording storage, Windows 2008 R2, 6xDVB-C with DVBE4SAGE on Foxtel Cable (7 virtual tuners) - currently dormant, pending Orange card decryption problem resolution...
Client 2 (child's room): Regular desktop computer, Win 7 x32 on HD-Ready 26' Sharp LCD TV
Client 3 (bedroom): Intel T7200 C2D (2.13GHz), NVIDIA GeForce 430, Silverstone Multimedia Chassis, Win 7 x32 on HD-Ready 32' Sharp LCD TV
Old 06-12-2010, 01:07 AM
Sage User

Hi Guys!!

I have set this up currently only on the FTA Chanels via a DVB-S2 PCIe card.

it is working ok but the picture quality is quite poor in comparrison to how it looks when when viewed via the STB.

Are there any settings that need to be altered to get better quality?

it looks like the the video that is being recorded id being compressed considerbaly

Also for the life of me I can not get it to run on the encrypted chanels, I have been able to see encypted channels outside of Sage using DVBSource and DVBViewer but the CAM Software I am using (NDSCAM) will not work with my setup yet NEWCS and ACAMD works with DVBViewer

Any pointers would be great??

Paul

Last edited by plnewton; 06-12-2010 at 01:11 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Paul,

It's important to understand that we're talking about 100% digital recording here, so the data is being captured exactly as it's being broadcasted. No fruther postprocessing is done by the recorder itself.
I'd suggest you to check the following:
1. Video codec used by your Sage client. Don't use native Sage one!
2. Rendering engine (your should use EVR for Vista and 7).
3. Monitor resolution (if LCD, you should use your native resolution).
4. Connection between the computer and the monitor (DVI/HDMI will yield the best results).
Old 06-14-2010, 06:47 AM
Sage User

ITV HD

Anybody know the channel number for ITV-HD I cannot access it through DVBE4SAGE as I cannot find the channel, BBC-HD is working fine on 143
Old 06-14-2010, 12:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,

ITV HD is on channel 178.

On another subject I have my Sky UK channels working using my Sky card and reader however recently the Movies and Movies HD channels stopped working, all the other encrypted channel (Sky One, Discovery etc) clear no problems.

Channels decode in the original STB and I have the correct BoxID so I am confused.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

David
Old 06-15-2010, 04:13 AM
Sage User

Clear Channels intermittently

I have DVBE4SAGE working but 50% of the time it fails to clear a channel, yet with the exact same plugin for dvbviewer the channel clears instantly. I am presuming that this is some kind of timeout issue within the dvbe4sage ini I have set the DCWtimeout to 50 but it makes no difference. When a channel fails to clear it can crash the dvbe4sage service

Does this make sense to anybody
Old 06-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,

I think my problem is to do with the plugin (NDSCam) I am using or possibly the card reader's settings, I don't think it is a DVBE4SAGE's problem.

Your channel clearing problem sounds, as you suggest, more like something to do with one of the settings in the the DVBE4SAGE config, do all the channels clear for you within DVBViewer (including the movie channels)?

Hope fully someone can shed some light on both our problems.

Cheers,
Old 06-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

cpass and Bacon2002,

I think you have different problems. The first problem usually appears when plugins not supporting multiple simultaneous recordings are used. The admins asked me not to name any names here, but the one starting with "A" is usually prone to such a problem. I'd strongly suggest you to consider using an alternative.
The second problem might be due to lack of the card update. Some channels might require more frequent updating than others. I'd suggest you to put your card back into receiver for a couple of hours and try again.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:54 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpogr View Post
cpass and Bacon2002,

I think you have different problems. The first problem usually appears when plugins not supporting multiple simultaneous recordings are used. The admins asked me not to name any names here, but the one starting with "A" is usually prone to such a problem. I'd strongly suggest you to consider using an alternative.
The second problem might be due to lack of the card update. Some channels might require more frequent updating than others. I'd suggest you to put your card back into receiver for a couple of hours and try again.
Mpogr , could you pm me the name of a good plugin other than ndscam , or let me know which is best, the one beginning with H or F
Old 06-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

mpogr,

I have stuck the card back in the STB, tunned it to a movie channel, left it on and in a day or so I will report back and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for your help,

David
Old 06-16-2010, 03:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Conflict detection

Am I correct in thinking that although DVBE4Sage can record multiple programmes simultaneously from the same transponder/mux, it has no way of detecting conflicts and handling them gracefully?

There is an old post in this thread which says Sage will just fail; is that still the case?
Old 06-16-2010, 04:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Conflicts are and will be an issue with DVBE4SAGE. This is because Sage doesn't have a concept that a single tuner is capable of recording multiple programs. The only way to 100% avoid conflicts is to set the number of virtual tuners equal to the number of physical ones.
As I wrote before, there is a fine balance between the number of physical tuners and the virtual ones, which depends on many factors (number of clients, number of recordings, transponder layouts, watching habits etc.).
Old 06-16-2010, 05:21 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by fac13 View Post
Am I correct in thinking that although DVBE4Sage can record multiple programmes simultaneously from the same transponder/mux, it has no way of detecting conflicts and handling them gracefully?
Due to the number of muxes in the UK, it makes most sense to configure virtual=physical for DVBE4Sage. Get a tuner for each feed from your dish and configure DVBE4Sage with that many tuners.

Unless you can get a number of feeds equal to the number of muxes, your going to run into problems using virtual tuners.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks. I've got four DVB-T tuners and in my area we have four Freeview muxes. I've also got two DVB-S tuners and of course there are loads of Freesat muxes. For Freesat, I guess I'd be unwise to define more than two virtual tuners, as you say.

But for Freeview I've got one physical tuner per mux, so theoretically, with the right software, I could record as many channels as I cared to try, limited only by the remainder of my hardware. I imagine it would boil down to a disk I/O bottleneck.

If I defined, say, eight virtual DVBE tuners for my four physical DVB-T tuners, would it handle the allocation of tuning requests correctly, reusing tuners which were already tuned to particular muxes? This is the bit I'm not clear about - how does Sage know which virtual tuner to use if it doesn't understand muxes?

Last edited by fac13; 06-16-2010 at 06:28 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

fac13,

Please, pay attention: DVBE4SAGE doesn't support DVB-T at this stage, only DVB-S(2)!
Old 06-16-2010, 06:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry !
Old 06-19-2010, 02:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

mpogr,

As menstioned I left the card in the STB for a couple of days, put it back in the PC's card reader and it still won't decode the movie channels. It decodes the channels no problem in the original STB so no problem with the card.

I'm not sure what has happened as it used to work with the movie channels and I can't see that I have changed any of the settings, is anyone else having any decoding problems with UK movie channels?

Interestingly it decodes other channels it's just the movie channels that do not work.

For info I am using the Duolabs Smartbee which I think others are also using but with more success.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,