SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:31 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbobbob123 View Post
Thanks for the help.

I am not running WHS, a new install of Windows 7.

Your ini would be appreciated. ( I am in the UK)

Thanks.

Bob
You need to change the exclude tuners line, I exlude 2 DVBT tuners, also you may need to change the number of virtual tuners, otherwise this will work Sly UK

[General]
LogLevel=0
NumberOfVirtualTuners=1

[Plugins]
DCWTimeout=5

[Tuning]
LNBSW=11700000
LNBLOF1=9750000
LNBLOF2=10600000
InitialFrequency=10714000
InitialSymbolRate=22000
InitialPolarization=H
InitialModulation=QPSK (DVB-S)
InitialFEC=5/6
DVBS2Tuners=1
TSPacketsPerBuffer=1024
NumberOfBuffers=400
TuningTimeout=20
TuningLockTimeout=25
InitialRunningTime=40
UseSidForTuning=0
UseNewTuningMethod=0
ScanAllTransponders=0
ExcludeTuners=2,3
ExcludeTunersMAC=
IncludeTuners=1
IncludeTunersMAC=

[Output]
TSPacketsPerOutputBuffer=160000
TSPacketsOutputThreshold=135
DisableWriteBuffering=0

[Encoder]
ListeningPort=6969

[Recording]
PreferredAudioLanguage=eng
PreferredAudioFormat=ac3
PreferredSubtitlesLanguage=eng

[Advanced]
PMTDilutionFactor=1
PATDilutionFactor=1
PMTThreshold=100
PSIMaturityTime=40
MaxECMCacheSize=3000
EnableECMCache=1
ECMCacheAutodeleteChunkSize=300
BouquetName=BSkyB Bouquet 1 - DTH England
PreferSDOverHD=0
Old 06-26-2010, 03:33 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
I don't think WHS is the issue with DVBE4Sage, I think it's very picky about the type of DVB-S(2) cards that are used. I use 2 TT cards with no issues. I did have 2 FireDTV cards and 1 TT card that worked, but when I added a fourth I got the tuning error. I think sticking to TT cards is the best idea for system compatibility and it's what Michael uses too.

Whitey
WHS will work with 2 x TT cards, but if you add another card ie TBS 6980 it breaks it, even uninstalling the TBS does not help, however do the same thing in Windows 7 and all works fine, it has the be a WHS issue?
Old 06-26-2010, 03:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpass View Post
WHS will work with 2 x TT cards, but if you add another card ie TBS 6980 it breaks it, even uninstalling the TBS does not help, however do the same thing in Windows 7 and all works fine, it has the be a WHS issue?
May be you're correct but I looked into this and couldn't find any reason why WHS and win xp would be different, but then I'm no way an expert.

Whitey
Old 06-26-2010, 03:42 AM
Sage User

WHS issues

Quote:
May be you're correct but I looked into this and couldn't find any reason why WHS and win xp would be different, but then I'm no way an expert.

Whitey
I can't find any reason either, I did read somewhere that DVB support in WHS was a late addition as Windows 2003 which WHS is based on has no DVB support, I have read through some of dvbe4sage source code but cannot see how it calls and activates tuners, I guess its a registry entry somewhere, if I knew how this initial stage worked I could compare Windows 7 and WHS to see where the difference lies, I am convinced that whatever the issue is that it would be a minor fix for Michael
Old 06-26-2010, 03:43 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by willplaice View Post
my flyccam setup has stopped working.

Can anyone share a Hadu or Acamd config that works ?

many thanks !!!
W.
I have PM'd you the config
Old 06-26-2010, 03:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I can't find any reason either, I did read somewhere that DVB support in WHS was a late addition as Windows 2003 which WHS is based on has no DVB support, I have read through some of dvbe4sage source code but cannot see how it calls and activates tuners, I guess its a registry entry somewhere, if I knew how this initial stage worked I could compare Windows 7 and WHS to see where the difference lies, I am convinced that whatever the issue is that it would be a minor fix for Michael
Yeah it's a shame that Michael is too busy at the moment to look into this. Another reason why I didn't think this was anything to do with WHS was that DVBViewer worked fine with all 4 of my cards.

Whitey
Old 06-26-2010, 04:06 AM
Sage User

WHS issues

Quote:
Yeah it's a shame that Michael is too busy at the moment to look into this. Another reason why I didn't think this was anything to do with WHS was that DVBViewer worked fine with all 4 of my cards.

Whitey
Yep DVBViewer works fine with every card I have put in, no matter what mix and match of cards, its strange fresh install of WHS with TT card all is good, put any other make of card in and the TT cannot acquire a signal then go to dvbviewer tune in to a channel, then go back to DVBE4SAGE and a signal lock is acquired but you cannot start a recording, "Recording could not be started after 20 seconds" a reinstall of WHS is the only way that I have managed to get the TT working again
Old 06-30-2010, 01:39 AM
Sage Icon

Has anyone tried this with 2x TBS 6980 to give 4 tuners? XP or Win7?
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 06-30-2010, 01:41 AM
Sage User

4 tuners

I believe Damian has 2 x TBS 6980 working on Wind 7 64Bit
Old 06-30-2010, 01:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I believe Damian has 2 x TBS 6980 working on Wind 7 64Bit
Thanks, I lose VM in the next few weeks due to Nagra3, so will have to consider alternatives. Sly with 4 new tuners seems the most likely option, if I have the money...

Might rebuild the machine with Win7 and Sage7 at the same time, just to further confuse things.

The TT tuners might be the more usual option though, I guess.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Old 07-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Sage Expert

Reliability of tuning/recording seems to have increased since I setup a scheduled restart of SageTV and DVBE4Sage services every morning. Using a TBS 6980 and v7.

I'm away from home this weekend so have setup a bunch of HD movies to record via the web interface. So far its been flawless.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Mark SS,

How did you go about scheduling a daily restart of SageTV and DVBE4SAGE, did you write a script?

Thanks,

David
Old 07-16-2010, 09:39 AM
Sage User

WHS and DVBE4SAGE

I can confirm that WHS does not work with multiple DVBS tuners, this information may help somebody so thought it worth sharing, DVBE4SAGE on WHS works perfectly until you add a second tuner

Once the second tuner is added it will fail to acquire a signal, you can get round this by loading any other DVBS viewing software DVBVIEWER for example, but the after the graph stops and you try a manual recording, everything looks normal but the recording never actually starts and the ts file remains at 0k

I have tried this with

PCTV Pinnacle external USB Tuners
Technotrend 3200S tuners
WINTV88x Tuners
and the new 9800 dual tuners

I run W7 64Bit normally and have no problems at all, the system is very reliable.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

I use 3 tuners with DVBE4Sage on WHS with no problems, 2 FireDTV and 1 TT-3200

Whitey
Old 07-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have started to get a lot of Error (-10) messages. It says that none of the network encoders are able to tune the selected station. And when I check SageTV's help section, all 3 of the tuners say:-
Working:False
The only way to fix it seems to be to reboot the server.
I'm wondering whether a daily reboot of the services would fix this, as it only seems to happen every couple of days.

Has anybody got any tips on how to do this?

Cheers

John
Antec Sonata III, Abit AN-M2HD, AMD 4200+, Thermalright SI-128 Cooler, 2GB OCZ DDR2, 2x500Gb + 1x1Tb Samsung Spinpoint SATA II, Hauppauge Nova-T500, Technotrend 3200-S2 with CI, Oasis II CAM. Windows XP Home SP3, Logitech Harmony 525. Logitech DiNovo Edge
Old 07-28-2010, 04:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've found a way to do this using windows XP. Apparently it should work for Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows 98.

There are very good instructions on this page

However it didn't work for me at first. I had to change this section
–r –f –t 01

to this

/r /f /t 01

I've scheduled several shutdown/restarts today to check it, and it's worked fine

Another thing to note, is that you don't have to download the file on that page (Just in case you don't want to trust it)
The shutdown.exe file can be found in C:\Windows\system32
Just browse for it when you run the shedule task wizard.

I can't say yet whether or not this has fixed my Error(-10) issues. I'll report back on that after a few days tests.

Hope this helps
Antec Sonata III, Abit AN-M2HD, AMD 4200+, Thermalright SI-128 Cooler, 2GB OCZ DDR2, 2x500Gb + 1x1Tb Samsung Spinpoint SATA II, Hauppauge Nova-T500, Technotrend 3200-S2 with CI, Oasis II CAM. Windows XP Home SP3, Logitech Harmony 525. Logitech DiNovo Edge
Old 07-29-2010, 03:01 AM
Sage Icon

I use this scheduled in a batch script:
Code:
"C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SendMessage.exe" -C SageApp -N SageWin -m 16 0 0
shutdown -r -f
First bit tells Sage to shutdown. Not specifying the -t on the second line means it uses the default of 60 seconds, IIRC, which gives Sage plenty of time to close cleanly.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Well, the bad news is that this hasn't solved any problems. Last night there were several lockups, and the sage system messager says that the tuner stopped producing data. Or recording missing due to capture device failure. I can't decide whether it's a fault with dvbe4sage, or the floppyDTV's I'm using.
I'll go and see if there's any logs in the dvbe4sage folder, but last time I looked there weren't any for the events listed in sage, leaving me to believe that dvbe4sage had stopped running. Can anyone suggest a way to troubleshoot this?
Old 07-29-2010, 03:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@TunerUK View Post
Well, the bad news is that this hasn't solved any problems. Last night there were several lockups, and the sage system messager says that the tuner stopped producing data. Or recording missing due to capture device failure. I can't decide whether it's a fault with dvbe4sage, or the floppyDTV's I'm using.
I'll go and see if there's any logs in the dvbe4sage folder, but last time I looked there weren't any for the events listed in sage, leaving me to believe that dvbe4sage had stopped running. Can anyone suggest a way to troubleshoot this?

Hi John,

I have used different cards: twinhan, starsky, technotrend pci and usb.
after i moved to TT USB cards, i do not have any issue. I current have 9x TT USB cards connected(3x for YES and 3x for Platforma). no problem at all! i use Windows XP Embedded with dvbe4sage running twice for 2 different providers.

for the dvbe4sage log -

[General]
LogLevel=255

I use this Windows XP Embedded OS http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...tem=vc-77703-1

I just added things from Windows XP SP3, like DVB subsystem, and couple others.

I use http://www.sendspace.com/file/aeuwzy this IBRPE for write this .IBR image on any computer HD or flash, it's not restricted to HP.

I very like Windows XP Embedded, in case you have crash related to power or BSOD hardware issue - just reset computer... nothing lost, nothing corrupted.
you should configure to have WIZ file not on system partition.

Sage Server: [s]8xDVB-S2 with DVBE4Sage on YES DBS Israel 4W (3 virtual tuners) ,[/s] 3 x HD300 Extenders; 3 x HD200 Extender; 3 x SageTV Client;

Last edited by bjkiller; 07-29-2010 at 04:22 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:29 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon2002 View Post
How did you go about scheduling a daily restart of SageTV and DVBE4SAGE, did you write a script?
Sorry for the slow response, didn't see the post. I just created a batch file:

net stop SageTV
net stop "DVB Enhancer For SageTV"
net start "DVB Enhancer For SageTV"
net start SageTV

Seems to help a bit. Stopping S3 standby seems to have helped more. Not sure whether the issue is with the card or DVBE4Sage though.