SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
I been using DVB4Sage since it supported Sky UK with very few issues(18 months?). I can't believe that using a combination of a card reader and fausto with a wifi CAM could be any more reliable (and a lot more expensive!).

I think the major problem users have with DVBE4Sage is not using NDSCam but a card sharing client which are not officially supported by the developer.

Whitey
I'm glad it works for you, the problems I experienced with DVBE4SAGE were all whilst using NDSCam so I did not have any "sharing" issues.

As far as the set up described is concerned it seems to work and I have not had any problems yet or at least since recently setting it up. As for cost, Fausto is free and the card read was about £15, I agree the cams are expensive although I have found them to be reliable and you can if you like use the Diablo Wifi as a card reader and also as server without any additional hardware which would save you buying any other kit. I have used Fausto because I am interested in knowing how to set up various different protocols NewcamD, CCcam, MGCam, Mbox etc.

I believe that NDSCam is limited to one decoder where as with a server like Fausto or similar (Diablo, Dreambox etc) you can have several decoders running at the same time.

I like the DVBE4SAGE plugin, I just wish I could get it to work more reliably and that it was more flexible in terms of MDplugins like AcamD, WinCSC and HADU.

Last edited by Bacon2002; 09-19-2010 at 06:02 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Sage Expert

Likewise, DVBE4Sage is bordering on 100% reliable. I get the odd recording that stops producing data and causes sage to reinit the encoder but that's most likely due to the poor quality sat feed (Five cannot be tuned on the sat box for example).

The only issue I have is its failure on sleep/resume. I've worked around this with forcing a restart if the service on wake.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:04 PM
Sage User

I'm about to setup a SageTV-based S*y system for a friend (I have a reliable Freesat Sage system in place). Have spent ages reading up (feeling a bit daunted) so I have a reasonable idea of the principles, but I can't figure out which is the best card reader to get. Decided to use Win 7 32-bit for simplicity and reliability (would have preferred WHS).

Can someone recommend a card-reader so I can order it and start tinkering?

Thanks.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:31 AM
Sage Expert

I think this is the one I have:

http://www.satboy.com/index.php?a=292

I believe others have had some success with the USB based devices but I've only ever got this serial one to work.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:32 AM
Sage User

Thanks Mark, I'll check that out. Much appreciated.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Does anyone else still have "The Pause" when using DVBE4Sage with Sage7?

I'm just wondering if the pause has been elimated for network encoders as well as native DVB.

Cheers

Whitey
Old 09-20-2010, 09:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
I'm just wondering if the pause has been elimated for network encoders as well as native DVB.
Network encoder still get "The Pause"
Old 10-06-2010, 01:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sky UK

Hello

I'm hoping to use dvbe4sage to receive Sky in the UK. Can one of the UK posters confirm that this works with the new white sky cards?

Also, my PC doesn't have a serial port. Looking around, I see that the Infinity USB smartcard reader creates a virtual com port to imitate a phoenix reader:

http://www.sat-shop.co.uk/Programmer...duct_info.html

Has anyone used one of these with any success? Or alternatively, the Smargo which I think does the same kind of thing:

http://www.sat-shop.co.uk/Programmer...duct_info.html

Many thanks

Lee
Old 10-06-2010, 01:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Cool

dvbe4sage, has no relation to method of stream encryption.
dvb4sage provide support to MD-API to support software decryption.
you should check if oscam, ndscam or other CAM decryption support of your UK provider.

Sage Server: [s]8xDVB-S2 with DVBE4Sage on YES DBS Israel 4W (3 virtual tuners) ,[/s] 3 x HD300 Extenders; 3 x HD200 Extender; 3 x SageTV Client;
Old 10-06-2010, 02:06 AM
Sage User

New Configuration in the UK

Try a dreambox for UK this can be accessed via an ip address, PM me for more details
Old 10-06-2010, 07:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the replies.

BJkiller, I understand that dvbe4sage is 'encryption neutral'. Do you have any suggestions for where to find good info about ndscam etc? Googling brings up lots of fragmented info with no clear answers. I want to find out if any of the multidec programmes are able to decrypt the updated Sky UK encryption on the new white cards (which I think is NDS/Videoguard 3). I'm hoping maybe one of the UK Sage users can tell me if they have it working or not.

Cpass - I don't seem to have PM functions - maybe because I've just joined? Are you suggesting that I could stream from the dreambox into Sage, or just onto the PC generally? If possible, I'd be interested in using a Dreambox to record streams from sky onto the PC (I have a valid sky subscription card). Can you suggest a dreambox model/card reader combo that I should look into?

Thanks again!

Lee
Old 10-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Exclamation

syrel, you need to check with local guys who see provider that you referring.
you can also speak with people from http://streamboard.gmc.to:8001/wiki about oscam features.

Sage Server: [s]8xDVB-S2 with DVBE4Sage on YES DBS Israel 4W (3 virtual tuners) ,[/s] 3 x HD300 Extenders; 3 x HD200 Extender; 3 x SageTV Client;
Old 10-11-2010, 02:48 AM
Sage User

Hi all,

I resume just shortly the configuration I'm using with DVBE4SAGE, which is really stable since almost one year (I'm in Italy, so the provider is SkyIT). Hope it can help.

- USB PC/SC card reader on a small Ubuntu server
- oscam (I try to keep it up to date) + pcsclite 1.5.5 for the USB card reader support
- N3XT (currently using 2.9... I see that 3.5 is out, but I was too lazy to upgrade it :-)

and obviously SageTV 7 and DVBE4sage latest build.

No particular configuration needed, just local settings for my specific provider.
If you need any help do not hesitate to contact me.

ciao
Gian Piero
Old 10-11-2010, 03:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianpieroizzo View Post

obviously SageTV 7 and DVBE4sage latest build.
Gian,

what MD-API plug-in do you use to connect to oscam?

Do you SkyIT card expiries sometimes?

Old 10-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

BJ,

according to what Gianpiero writes, he uses N3xt plugin.
Same do I, pretty stable and quick switching channels.

From what I know oscam does not support EMM for SkyIT so you have to swap the sc into the decoder from time to time to update your subscription rights.

Regards
Old 10-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Sage User

Yes, BJ, I confirm.

I use N3XT plugin.
EMM for SkyIT is not supported, so I switch on the real decoder ca. every 3 months in order to renew the subscription.

Regards
Gian Piero
Old 10-12-2010, 06:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianpieroizzo View Post
Yes, BJ, I confirm.

I use N3XT plugin.
EMM for SkyIT is not supported, so I switch on the real decoder ca. every 3 months in order to renew the subscription.

Regards
Gian Piero
where you downloading this plugin ?

Old 10-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkiller View Post
where you downloading this plugin ?
You'll find latest version here: http://dvbn.happysat.org/viewforum.php?f=96
Old 10-15-2010, 07:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm currently getting frequent error(-10) messages when trying to watch tv. In system information it's telling me that the network encoders are not working, and when I check the server, it's because dvbe4sage has stopped working and needs to shut down. Which I can only seem to fix by restarting the server.
Could this be because of the Digital everywhere Floppy DTV cards?
I know they can be troublesome, but just wanted to check before I replace all 3 at great expense

Thanks in advance

John
Antec Sonata III, Abit AN-M2HD, AMD 4200+, Thermalright SI-128 Cooler, 2GB OCZ DDR2, 2x500Gb + 1x1Tb Samsung Spinpoint SATA II, Hauppauge Nova-T500, Technotrend 3200-S2 with CI, Oasis II CAM. Windows XP Home SP3, Logitech Harmony 525. Logitech DiNovo Edge
Old 10-16-2010, 03:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

john, looks like you need to replace them. drivers are not 100% is OK.