SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

2 questions - just to bump this... now we have 6.6, do we have radio (will upgrade next weekend)....

also before i try again, can anyone on vista / server 2003 confirm which drivers they are using if they have a floppyDVB card ?

also is there an updated version anywhere ?

W.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by willplaice View Post
2 questions - just to bump this... now we have 6.6, do we have radio (will upgrade next weekend)....

also before i try again, can anyone on vista / server 2003 confirm which drivers they are using if they have a floppyDVB card ?

also is there an updated version anywhere ?

W.
official answer regarding dvb-radio:
Quote:
No, it's not in the initial 6.6.1 build. It'll be in one of the later ones.
I made a post on the forums indicating this 6.6.1 version doesn't have the fixes we said would be in 6.6; those will come later.

Sage Server: [s]8xDVB-S2 with DVBE4Sage on YES DBS Israel 4W (3 virtual tuners) ,[/s] 3 x HD300 Extenders; 3 x HD200 Extender; 3 x SageTV Client;
Old 07-26-2009, 03:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpogr View Post
Svalmorri/Damian: in order to build the code you need: VS 2008 + SP1 (important!) + Windows SDK (preferably 7.0) + DirectShow SDK (the latest). In Windows SDK you need to build the BaseClasses package from the Samples (under Samples\Multimedia\DirectShow) and make sure to update DVBE4SAGE project additional include/lib directories to point to the appropriate locations. If you need futher assistance with building it, please, let me know.
Hi,
thanks for the help but I still can't get into a successful build. Looks like it fails with the encoder lib, there is something wrong with the reftime.h headers. I have written you another PM with more details. If you could help me I would much appreciate. Thanks!
Old 07-26-2009, 03:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, there is an issue with NANOSECONDS constant redefinition in one of the BaseClasses header. I just renamed that constant and all went OK. I don't even remember if I had to change any further references to it elsewhere, so, please, check, just to make sure.
Server: Core i3 2100, 4GB RAM, 6TB recording storage, Windows 2008 R2, 6xDVB-C with DVBE4SAGE on Foxtel Cable (7 virtual tuners) - currently dormant, pending Orange card decryption problem resolution...
Client 1 (living room): HD300 on FHD 55' Samsung 3D LCD TV
Client 2 (child's room): Regular desktop computer, Win 7 x32 on HD-Ready 26' Sharp LCD TV
Client 3 (bedroom): Intel T7200 C2D (2.13GHz), NVIDIA GeForce 430, Silverstone Multimedia Chassis, Win 7 x32 on HD-Ready 32' Sharp LCD TV
Old 07-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkiller View Post
very hard, with dish like min 7-9m, i know for sure some company with dish of 11m receiving it.
Were do you get such a large dish, and how expensive, at 6M I would be able to pick up some of the America feeds on 61.5 degrees. This sounds like a fun project.

-d
Old 07-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian.flynn View Post
Were do you get such a large dish, and how expensive, at 6M I would be able to pick up some of the America feeds on 61.5 degrees. This sounds like a fun project.

-d
i only found 2.7m but as i undestand i unable to get 28E 2A north beam with 2.7m, people telling that 3.5m should be OK.

i do not think in UK you will able receive 61.5W, even with 50m dish!
to receive 2D beam from 28E in Israel, company installed 11M dish.

Sage Server: [s]8xDVB-S2 with DVBE4Sage on YES DBS Israel 4W (3 virtual tuners) ,[/s] 3 x HD300 Extenders; 3 x HD200 Extender; 3 x SageTV Client;
Old 07-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

west coast of ireland, and its doable. brother is a mecanical engineer, so thinking of constructing a big dish to see what we can fish
Old 07-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Back to topic,

Michael has been putting in the hours on the test environment, and this evening we started to make some progress.

Server 2008 does not have BDA support so unless you want to hack in support - this OS is not going to be a good choice.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 is the next stop, using the FireDVT beta drivers for Win7 is a BAD plan unless you want to blue screen, and thats something we can repo without issue.

Move back to the Vista FireDTV standard BDA Drivers for x64 and the issues vanish, the DVBE4SAGE apps runs, and behaves, but we still have issues with actaull TS Streams....

Thanks it for now, so work in progress.

Cheers Damian and thanks again for michaels patients.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Progress is good guys,

I have now a working DVB4SAGE install, I am currently documenting the setup, but for me to complete I need a little help from SKY UK users of DVB4SAGE to figure out what details need to go into the Add Channel dialoge in Sage to trigger a correct channel change in DVBE4SAGE

Can one of the working UK guys drop me an contact on eMail or IM [Gtalk or MSN] with damian.flynn at gmail.com. I promise that i will not take much time, as this is pretty much the last step, and Ill be able to complete the build guide and get it shared for everyone.

Michael is still working on some other issues but for now we will have a stable FTA solution.

Thanks to a great community.
Damian
Old 08-04-2009, 06:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Progress is good guys,

I have now a working DVB4SAGE install, I am currently documenting the setup, but for me to complete I need a little help from SKY UK users of DVB4SAGE to figure out what details need to go into the Add Channel dialoge in Sage to trigger a correct channel change in DVBE4SAGE

Can one of the working UK guys drop me an contact on eMail or IM [Gtalk or MSN] with damian.flynn at gmail.com. I promise that i will not take much time, as this is pretty much the last step, and Ill be able to complete the build guide and get it shared for everyone.

Michael is still working on some other issues but for now we will have a stable FTA solution.

Thanks to a great community.
Damian
In simple terms, create a line-up with some xmltv software with channels numbers set to how you want them to appear in the sage epg. Import this line-up into sage and then change the physical channel number of each channel to the SID. This is how my set-up works.

Whitey
Old 08-04-2009, 09:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Cheers mate

I had just cracked it, and started into the last of the documention. I have now completed the build guide, and passed to Michael for a review,

This guide cover's

Installing and testing DVB4SAGE
Adding DVB4Sage to an install of SageTV and testing
Installating DigiGuide and its XML Grabbers and testing
Installing XMLTV Import tools
Adding Channels to the XTLTV Import tool
Adding the XMLTV feed to SageTV
Updating SageTV to use the XMLTV Feed
Testing the full solution.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Cheers mate

I had just cracked it, and started into the last of the documention. I have now completed the build guide, and passed to Michael for a review,

This guide cover's

Installing and testing DVB4SAGE
Adding DVB4Sage to an install of SageTV and testing
Installating DigiGuide and its XML Grabbers and testing
Installing XMLTV Import tools
Adding Channels to the XTLTV Import tool
Adding the XMLTV feed to SageTV
Updating SageTV to use the XMLTV Feed
Testing the full solution.
Is your set-up stable then? I still get regular crashes usually when tuning DVB-S2 channels

Whitey
Old 08-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Early days so far for this build out, but i do have SkyUK clearing and looking pretty good. give me a week and ill have a better feeling for stability.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

thought i'd give this a nudge, to see if Damian has any docs he is willing to share ?
Old 09-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

multi provider support

Michael,

is there any news/plan/ETA about multi provider support of DVBE4SAGE?

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2009, 04:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry guys for the long silence.

Its been just hectic in the last weeks. With Windows Shipped i needed to also do some rebuilding on my servers, so took the opertunity to get some web faceing services back online.

So - point your mice to http://www.damianflynn.net/?p=103 and you should see the documention. Comments appear to be working so give it a swing.

DVBE4SAGE version which i am using works pretty well, but it does die from time to time, but i have not been able to determine why, apart from that - its the bees knees

-d
Old 09-09-2009, 04:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by svalmorri View Post
Michael,

is there any news/plan/ETA about multi provider support of DVBE4SAGE?

Thanks!
I started working on it, but was too busy recently (and also on vacation). Hope to get to this again soon.
Server: Core i3 2100, 4GB RAM, 6TB recording storage, Windows 2008 R2, 6xDVB-C with DVBE4SAGE on Foxtel Cable (7 virtual tuners) - currently dormant, pending Orange card decryption problem resolution...
Client 1 (living room): HD300 on FHD 55' Samsung 3D LCD TV
Client 2 (child's room): Regular desktop computer, Win 7 x32 on HD-Ready 26' Sharp LCD TV
Client 3 (bedroom): Intel T7200 C2D (2.13GHz), NVIDIA GeForce 430, Silverstone Multimedia Chassis, Win 7 x32 on HD-Ready 32' Sharp LCD TV
Old 09-13-2009, 04:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Sorry guys for the long silence.

Its been just hectic in the last weeks. With Windows Shipped i needed to also do some rebuilding on my servers, so took the opertunity to get some web faceing services back online.

So - point your mice to http://www.damianflynn.net/?p=103 and you should see the documention. Comments appear to be working so give it a swing.

DVBE4SAGE version which i am using works pretty well, but it does die from time to time, but i have not been able to determine why, apart from that - its the bees knees

-d
I'm still getting crashing quite alot but over the last few days after a crash DVBE4Sage will not start again correctly which is strange since I've not changed anything.

Whitey
Old 09-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Damian... any chance you can share the firmware of your FloppyDVB cards ?

and also, what are you using as a card reader... PM if you feel the need... thanks...
Old 09-14-2009, 10:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital everywhere

Dear digital everywhere customers,
after several months struggling with difficult market conditions, digital everywhere decided to stop its activities.

Manufacturing of products has been stopped and support has been reduced to the minimum.

digital everywhere wants to thanks all its customers and all the users which with their efforts and feedback greatly help in continuosly improving the FireDTV / FloppyDTV.
this product discontinued...