SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

If the default is good for you, you don't need to add the line.
Server: Core i3 2100, 4GB RAM, 6TB recording storage, Windows 2008 R2, 6xDVB-C with DVBE4SAGE on Foxtel Cable (7 virtual tuners) - currently dormant, pending Orange card decryption problem resolution...
Client 1 (living room): HD300 on FHD 55' Samsung 3D LCD TV
Client 2 (child's room): Regular desktop computer, Win 7 x32 on HD-Ready 26' Sharp LCD TV
Client 3 (bedroom): Intel T7200 C2D (2.13GHz), NVIDIA GeForce 430, Silverstone Multimedia Chassis, Win 7 x32 on HD-Ready 32' Sharp LCD TV
Old 01-03-2010, 08:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi all,

I have just uploaded a new version (216) which fixes a critical issue (crash) which some of you have experienced. Please, download it from here.

Thanks,

Michael.
Server: Core i3 2100, 4GB RAM, 6TB recording storage, Windows 2008 R2, 6xDVB-C with DVBE4SAGE on Foxtel Cable (7 virtual tuners) - currently dormant, pending Orange card decryption problem resolution...
Client 2 (child's room): Regular desktop computer, Win 7 x32 on HD-Ready 26' Sharp LCD TV
Client 3 (bedroom): Intel T7200 C2D (2.13GHz), NVIDIA GeForce 430, Silverstone Multimedia Chassis, Win 7 x32 on HD-Ready 32' Sharp LCD TV
Old 01-06-2010, 03:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Guys, Michael has looked at my setup and can't see why it won't work,

could someone post an ini file that works with UK Sky ?

I need to work out if it's my floppydtv cards / driver / firmware that is causing the problem !

I've failed with Server 2003 and can't get it working on my XP laptop either, and both drive the cards ok directly with sage

Will
Old 01-06-2010, 04:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Question 6 or more tunners

i run 2 instances of dvbe4sage on my SageTV server:

1st for YES Israel (2 tuners of TT S2-3600)
2nd for Platforma HD(3 tuners of TT S2-3600)

both working perfect.

When i add one or more cards(TT S2-3600), the creation of Graph in DVBE4SAGE fail on 6th and 7th cards (i added 2).
Anybody use more than 5 cards (6 or more)?
I do not understand this is Windows XP issue or TT S2-3600 driver issue?

Sage Server: [s]8xDVB-S2 with DVBE4Sage on YES DBS Israel 4W (3 virtual tuners) ,[/s] 3 x HD300 Extenders; 3 x HD200 Extender; 3 x SageTV Client;

Last edited by bjkiller; 01-06-2010 at 04:29 AM.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by willplaice View Post
Guys, Michael has looked at my setup and can't see why it won't work,

could someone post an ini file that works with UK Sky ?

I need to work out if it's my floppydtv cards / driver / firmware that is causing the problem !

I've failed with Server 2003 and can't get it working on my XP laptop either, and both drive the cards ok directly with sage

Will
Hi Will,

When you say it won't work, what exactly happens (or doesn't happen)?
Can you do a manual recording or don't you even get that far?

Cheers

Whitey
Old 01-07-2010, 01:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Michael rdp'd in and had a look, basically the discorvery runs, but i get loads of errors, and i never get a sucessfull recording.

a few months ago i was getting recordings, so i think it might be a software / driver thing, if anyone is using floppy dtv, please can they post their ini file
Old 01-07-2010, 07:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by willplaice View Post
Michael rdp'd in and had a look, basically the discorvery runs, but i get loads of errors, and i never get a sucessfull recording.

a few months ago i was getting recordings, so i think it might be a software / driver thing, if anyone is using floppy dtv, please can they post their ini file
If Michael's looked into it I don't think an ini file will help. I remember when I moved over to my server with DVBE4sage I had problems with my fireDTV (and still do). To solve it I had to power off completely and make sure all the units were plugged in even my FireDTV-C that is not used by DVBE4sage but has the driver is installed on the server. I then powered back up and then DVBE4sage worked. I'm looking at replacing my FireDTVs soon because I'm finding them unreliable unlike my TT-3200 which works well.

Cheers

Whitey
Old 01-09-2010, 07:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Michael

I have Updated to the latest version - DVBE4SAGE Encoder SVN revision 220.

Having a couple issues.

1. The new version seems to work with all Optus D1 H Freeview channels except for Prime (LNB10750000 Frq 12456000 SR22500 FEC 3/4 SID 1928). I get the no signal message in sage. Not sure why this would happen on just one channel, any idea?
The log has this error
Autodiscovery requested, but cannot find the transponder for SID "1928" (""), no recording done!

2. If I run dvbenhancer manually, the auto configuration can't find the channels, but if use the manual settings for Optus D1 V - (SBS Channels) (LNB11300000 Frq 12646000 SR12600 FEC 5/6 SID 897 & 898) and Optus D1 H Freeview - Prime Only (LNB10750000 Frq 12456000 SR22500 FEC 3/4 SID 1928), it works fine in stand alone mode but i can't get it to work in sage. I get the message no signal.
The log has the error
Autodiscovery requested, but cannot find the transponder for SID "897" (""), no recording done!

(Optus D1 H & V have different Sat Dish & LNB's. The Optus D1 V is not shared with any other devices).

With version 1, the auto configuration did not work, but it worked manually and it worked fine within sage.
The new version's auto configuration works for freeview on Optus D1 H (except for Prime - within sagetv),
but it does not work with Optus D1 V and I get the no signal message from within sagetv.

Have I misconfigured something?

Cheers

Anne

Last edited by zzmystique; 01-09-2010 at 07:45 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-09-2010, 07:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Everyone having problems with autodiscovery of services/transponders (not including channel numbers for supported providers, there the issue might be bugs in the mechanism itself, which is still being polished for Foxtel and Sky UK),

Please, try increasing the following values:
1. Under [Tuning], InitialRunningTime - the default is 20, try increasing this to 30/40/50 etc. It is known that Sky UK needs at least 60. This setting does increase the application intialization time, so don't put ridiculously high values there.
2. Under [Advanced], PSIMaturityTime - the default is 10, again, try increasing this to 20/30/40 etc. This is less critical setting, it will affect you only if any transponder/SID layout changes happen during the program run (it should hopefully run all the time).
3. Under [Advance], PMTThreshold - the default is 20. This setting is responsible for detecting EMM PID before actual decoding is happening. As most of the plugins don't support EMM updates anyway, it's rarely needed to be changed.

If you still have problems, PM/email me with the logs.

Best regards,

Michael.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi everybody,

Please, grab the updated version from here. You can see the list of recent changes here.

Best regards,

Michael.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

A couple of updates

Hi guys,

I have just posted SVN build 231 which includes several important updates:
1. Tuning by channel numbers is now supported for YES Israel, Sky UK, Sky Italy, Sky NZ and Foxtel. Some regional variations of Sky UK are still untested, so I'd like these users, especially from Ireland, Scotland etc. to test it and post their results.
For Sky Italy and Sky NZ there is an additional twist: these providers map SD and their corresponding HD channels to the same numbers. By default, I map the HD channels to these numbers, but there is a new flag - PreferSDOverHD, under [Advanced] - that can override this behavior.
Also, these providers include non-native channels/transponders in their lineups (Freeview for Sky NZ and RAI, Telespazio, Mediaset, M-three, Milano Teleport etc. for Sky Italy). Tuning to these should also work now.
2. As derived from the previous paragraph, I introduced distinct definitions of SIDs across different providers. Now, the program uses USID (unique SID) for service internal identification, which is a combination of ONID and SID. This doesn't mean that multiple providers are fully supported already, since manual configuration is missing, but, if the provider broadcasts a full list of transponders (like Sky Italy, Sky NZ and Sky Germany) and full SDT on every transponder (like Sky Italy and Sky NZ), it means tuning to every channel on every transponder will be possible. Even if the provider doesn't broadcast the full SDT on every transponder (like Sky Germany or Platforma HD), there is still a possibility to perform full transponder scan on initialization (might take time) and still be able to tune to every channel.
There is an important difference however: you will be able to use short (original) SIDs only for services from the same network as the initial transponder. For all the other you will need to use USIDs, that are formed in the following way:
Code:
USID = ONID << 16 + SID
This makes life a bit more complicated, but the added functionality should be well worth it.
Again, if you make an effort and provide me with the full transponder dump for your provider, I will be able to add tuning by channel number functionality for it too, so you won't need to mess with all this stuff anyway.
3. I also made some improvements around DontFixPMT flag, so now it's basically unnecessary. For every channel with short PMTs it will adjust the order of audio tracks. For the channels with long PMTs, where the in-place reordering would fail (causing crashing before), it will be just skipped.
4. I would like to approach the official release soon. Basically, I'm waiting for verification that this build is fully working functionality and stability-wise, and might make it a final build for this release. Please, test it as much as possible.

Best regards,

Michael.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpogr View Post
USID = ONID << 16 + SID
Could you give an example of how to enter this info.

The ONID=12802 and the SID=897

A sage channel scan adds the channels as
12802-896-897-1

Here is the tuning section of my ini file.

[Tuning]
InitialFrequency=12646000
InitialSymbolRate=12600
InitialPolarization=V
InitialModulation=QPSK
InitialFEC=5/6
UseSidForTuning=1
LNB_SW=11300000
LNB_LOF1=11300000
LNB_LOF2=11300000

thanks
Anne
Old 01-18-2010, 08:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Anne,

Here is an example of building the new USID from ONID and SID numbers:
Code:
ONID=12802=0x3203
SID=897=0x381
USID=0x32030000+0x381=0x32030381=839058305
However, I don't quite understand what exactly you're trying to achieve. All the Sky and Freeview channels are now tunable using their channel numbers, so you don't need to deal with these. This particular transponder (SBS Tasmania) is not included in Sky NZ NIT, so you won't be able to tune to its channels anyway, unless you make it your initial transponder. However, if you do this, you won't be able to tune to any other channel of both Sky and Freeview.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

WHS Usage?

I'm looking at building a new SageTV server and am tossing up between using Windows 2003 and WHS. I've currently got DVBe4SageTV working well on a Windows 2003 VM with a TT S2-3600. I'll be looking to add another TT S2-3600 a little further down the road..

I'm interested in any feedback from anyone using WHS & DVBe4SageTV before I make a final decision on direction for my server.. If I do go WHS I'm probably looking to run it on the HP DataVault X510 rather than building my own..

Cheers

Peter
Old 01-19-2010, 02:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpogr View Post
I don't quite understand what exactly you're trying to achieve. All the Sky and Freeview channels are now tunable using their channel numbers, so you don't need to deal with these. This particular transponder (SBS Tasmania) is not included in Sky NZ NIT, so you won't be able to tune to its channels anyway, unless you make it your initial transponder. However, if you do this, you won't be able to tune to any other channel of both Sky and Freeview.
Hi Michael

I have a separate dish & LNB for these SBS channels on Optus D1 vertical, that is NOT used for freeview or sky. I also have another lnb pointing to intelsat 5 for Australia Network & BBC Channels.

Thanks for the info.

Anne
Old 01-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Does somebody get this plugin work with north american sat like Dish and BEV ? If yes could someone provide his configuration to get that thing work ?

Thanks.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:26 PM
SageTVaholic

No, and probably never will. There is no hardware that can access Dish aside from Dish Network STBs.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-27-2010, 03:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
No, and probably never will. There is no hardware that can access Dish aside from Dish Network STBs.
This is not entirely true. US satellite broadcasting is based on DVB standard with some deviations, particularly regarding modulation used for HD. So, for SD reception, a standard DVB card can be used, and I see no reason why DVBE4SAGE wouldn't work with it.
As for HD, there is very limited number of PC hardware devices supporting US-specific modulation, such as Genpix SkyWalker. The problem is that these devices don't have official BDA drivers yet. However, I heard that there are some drivers being developed.
There are also some MDAPI-compatible softcams for the US users available, e.g. N3XT, which is confirmed working with DVBE4SAGE.
If someone in the US wants to give DVBE4SAGE a try, please, let me know via PM and I'll assist you with setting it up.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi all,

I have just uploaded a new version (236) which implements a completely different method of dealing with PMT packets, so DontFixPMT flag is no longer needed (actually, completely removed from the code).
This means that now the following flags should work for all the providers:
* PreferredAudioLanguage (default is eng)
* PreferredAudioFormat - new (default is ac3)
* PreferredSubtitlesLanguage - new (default is eng)
The PreferredAudioLanguage has priority over PreferredAudioFormat.
Please, test this version and report your results.

Best regards,

Michael.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Sage Icon

Hi Michael,

I'd be interested in trying this out with UK Cable if you get DVB-C working...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients