SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 12-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Sage Fanatic

Help getting Screen Capture of GUI

I am trying to capture the Sage GUI to a jpg file. I feel like I am close, but I am thinking that Sage may have a non standard way of drawing the components. Here is what I have so far. It throws no errors, but results in a completely black image.

panel = java_awt_Panel_getParent(GetEmbeddedPanel())
width = java_awt_Panel_getWidth(panel)
height = java_awt_Panel_getHeight(panel)
image = new_java_awt_image_BufferedImage(width, height, java_awt_image_BufferedImage_TYPE_INT_RGB)
java_awt_image_BufferedImage_createGraphics(image)
graphics = java_awt_image_BufferedImage_getGraphics(image)
java_awt_Panel_paintAll(panel,graphics)
javax_imageio_ImageIO_write(image, "jpg", layoutImageFile)

Any help would be really appreciated,
Thanks
Old 12-06-2008, 01:44 PM
SageTVaholic

The documentation for GetEmbeddedPanel() doesn't say anything about Sage rendering its UI to that panel. It just says you can use that panel to embed Java UI elements within the Sage UI. So my assumption would be that the panel is empty unless you add something to it.

Have you looked at java.awt.Robot.createScreenCapture()?
Old 12-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
The documentation for GetEmbeddedPanel() doesn't say anything about Sage rendering its UI to that panel. It just says you can use that panel to embed Java UI elements within the Sage UI. So my assumption would be that the panel is empty unless you add something to it.

Have you looked at java.awt.Robot.createScreenCapture()?
That is true, but I was getting the parent container, which I think might be the render object. This is what the object looks like with a toString().

Sat 12/6 14:06:36.990 Panel = sage.SpecialWindow[frame6,1319,52,1123x949,invalid,layout=sage.SpecialWindow,title=SageTV Client,resizable,normal]

Yes I looked at Robot. It looks like that only captures objects on the desktop, which would not work for HD100, HD200 or placeshifter.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking to do, but I wrote some java code against this API: http://www.sagetv.com/2_papers/OSDPlugins.txt
to capture the current on-screen user interface to a JPG file.

(does not include the media content, only the STV)

-SB
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Media Extenders: 2 @ Sage HD100 & 1 @ Sage HD200
Signals/Providers: AT&T UVerse, OTA ATSC
Set-Top-Box: 2 @ Motorola Box VIP 1200
Old 12-07-2008, 07:54 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeblue.com View Post
I'm not sure exactly what you are looking to do, but I wrote some java code against this API: http://www.sagetv.com/2_papers/OSDPlugins.txt
to capture the current on-screen user interface to a JPG file.

(does not include the media content, only the STV)

-SB
That would definetly work, but I am looking to do it from an STVi. Can this spec be used to capture the screen without setting it as an OSD plugin?

This is for my iMovies plugin. I want to take a screen capture of the layout when a user saves their settings.

From the looks of the OSDplugin spec Sage does not appear to be using the standard paint methods for drawing the OSD GUI.