SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Sage Icon

Problem using dynamic menu to filter video screen

I'm running the latest release of SageTV (6.4.8) and SageMC (6.3.8a).
I have set-up the dynamic menus with two menu items that take me to the Video Library screen.

One looks like:
Code:
                <internalScreenMenuItem icon="C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Themes\nBlue\MenuIcons\videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="Video Config">
                    <evalExpression> </evalExpression>
                </internalScreenMenuItem>
I put this one inside of the "My Menu" sub menu and added a PIN code to it. This works fine and after entering the correct PIN I can see all of my videos and browse them by Genre or File System, or whatever.

The other looks like:
Code:
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Themes\nBlue\MenuIcons\videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="Videos">
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "G:\\Imported Videos\\")</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", true)</evalExpression>
        </internalScreenMenuItem>
I put this one with the filter on my main menu. The filter should hide anything in the "G:\Imported Videos" folder and its subfolders.

It mostly works, except when I go to the "Genre" view. In the Genre view, I see a Genre folder for each genre that is in use by the videos in my collection (but not the genres from the filtered directory). This is as it should be. The problem is the genre folders are all empty. The only videos that are visible are the ones in the "Unassigned" genre folder (which happen to be home movies for which I did not assign a genre). The other views (such as File System) seem to work correctly.

I have tried re-starting Sage and re-scanning my imports library, but so far nothing. Any ideas on what could be causing this or what else I could try?
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 12-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Sage Icon

has nobody else seen this before?
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 09-02-2009, 03:34 AM
Sage User

I get this problem to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
has nobody else seen this before?
Hi Tiki,

Yes, I see the same thing, I added a similar filter system, breaking down my DVD collection into groups (Series, Movies & family videos).. now the Genre view does not work.. I see all films in other views (e.g. file system etc).. and I can see all the films have a genre assigned.

Did you ever manage to resolve this?

Thx
Old 09-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Sage Icon

No, I didn't. But I haven't tried in a while - I gave up on SageMC some time ago andwent back to the default Sage STV.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 11-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Sage User

I have the same issue too

I split my collection into folders for Movies vs TV Series vs Stage productions (stand-up and concerts).
Created filtered menu to choose: Movies vs TV Series vs Stage productions. Now Genre folders are empty for each submenu.
Everything else is great.
I use BMT to get Fanart and genre.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Same same

I have the same issue with empty Genre folders.

Fixed it by not using Genre view...