SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Arrow STV Import: SageInfoPopup - caller ID and message popups

This import will enable your SageTV client or extender to receive and display caller ID messages on screen (using the Y.A.C. caller ID software).
Yes, this works for the HD Extenders!

This plug-in also supports a simple message protocol that can enable other programmatic messaging for custom implementations if you need to display messages in the SageTV GUI.

More Information is located on the DOWNLOADS page
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Media Extenders: 2 @ Sage HD100 & 1 @ Sage HD200
Signals/Providers: AT&T UVerse, OTA ATSC
Set-Top-Box: 2 @ Motorola Box VIP 1200

Last edited by shadeblue.com; 12-17-2008 at 12:40 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

A special Thank You to the community members that participated in the Alpha testing phase for this plug-in. Their efforts and contributions helped make this a much more stable release for the general SageTV public.

Thank you to:
  • thomaszoo
  • KJake
  • QueOnda
  • madas
  • computer33
  • sic0048
  • Zippster
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Old 12-17-2008, 07:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Nice work. Question for you. Can the transport buttons be disabled just for certain custom messages? I noticed that they can be globally disabled in the config but was wondering if it was possible to have a script disable/enable them per message?

Also position per message, have that been thought of? Be able to define the location and size for custom messages? As you may have guessed I may want to use this for tasks beyond callerid
Old 12-17-2008, 08:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1abrams View Post
Nice work. Question for you. Can the transport buttons be disabled just for certain custom messages? I noticed that they can be globally disabled in the config but was wondering if it was possible to have a script disable/enable them per message?

Also position per message, have that been thought of? Be able to define the location and size for custom messages? As you may have guessed I may want to use this for tasks beyond callerid
Great ideas, but no at this time that level of customized control is not build it. They sound like pretty simple adds, so I can probably include some of those concepts in the next release.

What you can do currently using custom messaging is direct individual messages to specific UI instances and specify the icon image to display in the message box.

Thanks,
SB

Last edited by shadeblue.com; 12-17-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Sage Icon

SB -

Can you confirm that for those with VOIP, they need to have an analog modem and loop the line from the ATA through the PC/Modem and then on to the device?

I recall there was some server based program that worked for a specific VOIP provider (and would catch the Caller ID info and route it YAC or whatever), but wasn't applicable to all VOIP providers. Is that correct?

I don't have any open PCI slots, so i'd have to get an external modem just to get caller ID. Yuck.

Matt
Old 12-17-2008, 09:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Matt,

I'm no expert here, so other Sage members may chime in with more information, but I believe you are correct, that the traditional (or known working method) way to capture caller ID for VOIP lines is by using an analog modem.

I know there was some discussion on the support thread for Nielm's caller ID that discussed some custom scripts or custom programs that worked for some users you may want to look through that thread for more details:
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?p=322944

If you happen to be using Skype (not really a standards-based VOIP provider) then I have another program called Skype2YAC that can capture the caller ID data and send out a YAC message.

Sorry, that's all I know on the subject :-(

Thanks, SB
Old 12-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Sage User

Does this work with SageMC? If so, are the installation instructions the same?
Old 12-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Sage Icon

Anyone recommend a modem for this (maybe USB)?
Old 12-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlody11 View Post
I have not personally tested it with SageMC, but I believe some of the alpha testers did. The instructions are the same, with one exception. You have to rename the STVi file extension to XML to import the GUI modification.

Thanks,
SB
Old 12-17-2008, 05:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands View Post
I'm using an old 9pin serial modem, but any modem that support caller ID should work. Perhaps some other forum members can post some suggestions on USB modems they have working.

Thanks,
SB
Old 12-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlody11 View Post
Yes it does, perfectly without any additional messing around except as Shadeblue noted:
Quote:
You have to rename the STVi file extension to XML to import the GUI modification.
Not sure about USB, but ebay is loaded with $1 pci modems.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for this plugin. It works an the extenders, but when I am watching on the server, I don't get the popup. Does this work when watching on the server?
Thanks
Old 12-18-2008, 08:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by banmj View Post
Thanks for this plugin. It works an the extenders, but when I am watching on the server, I don't get the popup. Does this work when watching on the server?
Thanks
Yes, but on the server you are running a SageTV client instance, therefore you will have to add the same configuration line to the load_at_startup_runnable_classes for the file SageClient.properties. Also add the additional properties to this file:
shadeBlue/infopopup/bind_addr=0.0.0.0
shadeBlue/infopopup/bind_port=10630
Note, the port will need to be a different number than what was used in the Sage.properties file!

Next, you will need Neilm's modified version of the YAC executable and you will need to configure a separate listener for this new port. Nilem's modified version of YAC and examples are here.

Finally make sure that the STVi import is included on the server's STV GUI.

That should do it....

Thanks, SB
Old 12-18-2008, 09:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

That worked great. Thanks
Old 12-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by banmj View Post
That worked great. Thanks
E-x-c-e-l-l-e-n-t (while tenting my hands)
Old 12-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Sage Icon

First, thanks SB, for making this work for Extenders! I had been occasionally checking nielm's thread to see if anyone had gotten it working on them, but had never had a reason to think about implementing it before.

So.. now that I do... wow, it's been so long since I have even used a modem... I don't even know anything about the one that came in my current server. Are most/many modems from the past, say, 5 years or so, Caller-ID enabled? Was that a "fairly standard" feature? Or is this relatively new? I can't ever remember seeing it listed as a feature on a modem, but, as I said, I haven't had a use for a modem in a while.

I have several older modems in a box in storage, so I am hoping at least one of them is enabled (but preferably the one already in the server!).

I know what I'm doing this weekend....
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
I have several older modems in a box in storage, so I am hoping at least one of them is enabled (but preferably the one already in the server!).
Almost all modern modems are going to support caller ID. My modem is about 10 years old and it supports caller ID. Maybe if you have an old 28.8 or 36 Kbps modem, it might be questionable? So this probably won't be an issue for you. Just hook up the telco line, install and run the YAC software, and then place a call, it should only take a few minutes to test it out.

Good Luck, SB
Old 12-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeblue.com View Post
Almost all modern modems are going to support caller ID. My modem is about 10 years old and it supports caller ID. Maybe if you have an old 28.8 or 36 Kbps modem, it might be questionable? So this probably won't be an issue for you. Just hook up the telco line, install and run the YAC software, and then place a call, it should only take a few minutes to test it out.

Good Luck, SB
Cool, thanks. Mine are all (including the one in the server) 64K/v.90 types, so they should be fine (<5 years old). Looking forward to getting this working... I will probably have questions about setting up caller photos and such... I'm sure I will be back!
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands View Post
I have a creative labs usb modem which I bought for 10 or 19 bucks from creative and works great.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

This was GREAT work by you Shadeblue, everything should be this easy to add to extenders. Now we have a couple more for you to fix up vs all the workaround stuff.