SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Movie Trailers?

Hey Guys,

I am a sagetv user with hd100. After watching some movie trailers at work yesterday on apple.com/trailers, I was telling my lady about them at home and it would be so nice to be able to access these movie trailers via a media extender to watch on the TV.

I have to think this is something that some device out there can do or some method, so I pose this question to all of you, can this be done?

1. If you know a site to download them, albeit a pain to do it this way, let me know.

2. I combed all the "online" content on my hd100, and besides the few people have uploaded onto youtube or google video, that's not what I'm looking for. Does the HD200 have any new advanced features when it comes to this?

3. Any of you have any info of other media extenders that excel in this department? I would think the apple tv would do exactly what I want being I love apple.com/trailers, but after some googling, i find no evidence of it.

Maybe a media extender with browser capabilities that could go to this and stream quicktime?

Maybe one of the video game consoles can do this?

I await your responses to what would seem to be, a simple request .

Jimbo
Old 12-17-2008, 10:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_k_p View Post
Hey Guys,

I am a sagetv user with hd100. After watching some movie trailers at work yesterday on apple.com/trailers, I was telling my lady about them at home and it would be so nice to be able to access these movie trailers via a media extender to watch on the TV.

I have to think this is something that some device out there can do or some method, so I pose this question to all of you, can this be done?

1. If you know a site to download them, albeit a pain to do it this way, let me know.

2. I combed all the "online" content on my hd100, and besides the few people have uploaded onto youtube or google video, that's not what I'm looking for. Does the HD200 have any new advanced features when it comes to this?

3. Any of you have any info of other media extenders that excel in this department? I would think the apple tv would do exactly what I want being I love apple.com/trailers, but after some googling, i find no evidence of it.

Maybe a media extender with browser capabilities that could go to this and stream quicktime?

Maybe one of the video game consoles can do this?

I await your responses to what would seem to be, a simple request .

Jimbo
Have you heard of the "Movie Times" plugin? Do a search for it; I use it and it works perfectly with the HD 200 extender. I have it working on my main Sage client with SageMC (first) though.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Nope, haven't heard of it. That's exactly what I was hoping might be out there. I'll look into it. Anyone else with any other ideas, feel free to reply.

Thanks.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Nope. No other ideas. That's all you need. It will download trailers and give you the show times for the movies at your local theaters.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Does it have upcoming trailers for movies currently not in local theaters?

That's what I really want, stuff coming out in the next 6 months.
Those are the ones I like to show my gal. For example, 2012, Terminator Salvation, Knowing, Race to Witch Mountain....all of which is on apple.com/trailers presently.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_k_p View Post
Does it have upcoming trailers for movies currently not in local theaters?

That's what I really want, stuff coming out in the next 6 months.
Those are the ones I like to show my gal. For example, 2012, Terminator Salvation, Knowing, Race to Witch Mountain....all of which is on apple.com/trailers presently.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of this. I have MovieTimes installed and absolutely love it. However, like you, I enjoy sitting back and watching a few trailers (preferably in HD) with the family long before those movies are in the theater. Unfortunately, I need to wait for a bunch to download first and that's all manual and even requires :gasp: using the keyboard!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of this. I have MovieTimes installed and absolutely love it. However, like you, I enjoy sitting back and watching a few trailers (preferably in HD) with the family long before those movies are in the theater. Unfortunately, I need to wait for a bunch to download first and that's all manual and even requires :gasp: using the keyboard!
I'm not following, I haven't messed with it yet.

So you can download the ones coming out soon even if they aren't in your local theaters yet?
Old 12-18-2008, 01:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
I think Movie Times does 2 weeks or so prior to their theatrical release. Certainly not months though.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Would be nice to have the ones like the theaters play when you go see a movie.

Going to take a look at this add on now, are these HD previews?