SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-25-2008, 11:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

is there some way to create podcasts from recordings?

What I want to do is this:

for a certain show, or selection of shows, I want to transcode them to ipod viewable video and then add them to a podcast so that I can download them from my server to the other machine in the house where I hook up my wife's ipod.

Ipodifier would be a great way to do it, but the thing is broken and doesn't work at all on my server for some unknown reason and the author has gone awol.

Before I go try to cobble together a bunch of tools I am wondering if anybody has already done this and would care to share the wisdom, or even better if there is a tool that does this.

In an ideal world, when I watched the show in sage and deleted it, the transcoded video would go away as well.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Greg
Old 12-26-2008, 11:02 AM
Sage User

This should do what you want:

http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugin...ebserverItunes

Note: I have not tried this myself so I can't confirm if it works, but it seems pretty straightforward so I don't see why it wouldn't
Old 12-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Very nice. Thanks a lot for pointing that out.

Greg