SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Theme: BeyondSageTV for SageMC

BeyondSageTV Theme for SageMC

Users who have switched to SageTV from BeyondTV might find this theme familiar. It brings a background, icon set and layout inspired by the BTV PVR program. Of course you still get the features of SageMC/SageTV including integrated Movies, Photos, Online Video and Music. Windowed video playback on the main menu is enabled as well.

This first photo is the BeyondSageTV screen-shot.

This second photo is the inspiration from an actual BTV screen-shot.

Obviously this theme will not make your screen look exactly like it would with BTV, but it certainly is closer. I've toyed with the though of making the fonts smaller, but decided not to at this point. You can customize that look by customizing the layout if you prefer.

Requirements:
SageTV
SageMC version 6.3.8 or higher

Credits:
* BeyondSageTV background was created using PhotoShop Elements inspired by a former PVR software once used.
* Icons are intended to recreate the "look and feel" of BTV, but feel free to replace these icons with your preferred ones.

In order to get the menus to look like the one in the screenshot above, you need to select this theme, import the themes layout and load the theme's custom menu file. All of the steps are outlined in the installation instructions.

I hope this theme helps some of you looking for something to ease your transition to SageTV - and just maybe some will just like the theme for its simple, but functional layout. Of course, let me know in this thread if you have any trouble with the installation or have any requests.

Download BeyondSageTV Theme here

Last edited by Brent; 01-04-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Incredible! I love it, I started out years ago with BTv and changed to Sage recently for use of the extenders. I'm using this theme right now.
On a side note, does anyone else feel that the download section for SageMC files should be a little more organized so we can find plugins/themes more easily?
Old 01-16-2009, 03:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Glad someone liked the theme

Regarding your question on organization of downloads, I typically watch the download page as well as this comprehensive list of customizations to keep up with them all. Andy does a great job of keeping that list up-to-date.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Glad someone liked the theme

Regarding your question on organization of downloads, I typically watch the download page as well as this comprehensive list of customizations to keep up with them all. Andy does a great job of keeping that list up-to-date.
Yea, I love the huge video preview. I'm using this theme with my 2 extenders and PC now. Looks pro.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:58 PM
Sage Icon

I started using this theme about a week ago. I really like it overall, but I've got one annoyance with it. When I go to the Media menu from the Main menu the back button doesn't work. Any suggestions how to fix this? I'm guessing it has something to do with the Dynamic Menus, but I've only used it within MC so I don't have any idea where to look.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I started using this theme about a week ago. I really like it overall, but I've got one annoyance with it. When I go to the Media menu from the Main menu the back button doesn't work. Any suggestions how to fix this? I'm guessing it has something to do with the Dynamic Menus, but I've only used it within MC so I don't have any idea where to look.
Hmm, hadn't noticed that before but you're right. I'll see if there is anything to fix that and report back. Honestly not sure what's causing it.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Sage User

On Screen OSD

When watching live TV or recorded TV the on screen display is black, like its not skinned. I am talking about the timeline and info display. Is this part of the skin?
Thanks for your assistance
Old 12-07-2010, 12:02 AM
Sage User

I'm a new user to SageTV (using BeyondTV previously) and wanted to try BeyondSageTV. Does it work with the new SageTV7 (which rearranged and renamed some things, e.g. STVs\SageTV3 & SageTV7).

From the instructions:

"Download the BeyondSageTV.zip file (see download button on this page) and Unzip the contents of the zip file into the SageTV directory. (typically SageTV/SageTV/)"

You don't mean *overwrite* the whole contents of the existing STV folder ?? Do you mean copy the BeyondSageTV/STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE folder somewhere? And the "Menus" folder somewhere else?

Thanks.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:31 AM
SageTVaholic

This theme was for SageTV 6 with the SageMC addon. It might be compatible with SageTV 7 if you first install the SageMC plugin first. I doubt I'll update it for SageTV 7.

Tags
sagemc, themes