SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Cablevision lineup changing: VOOM channels gone; other HD getting added

Cablevision iO users should check out their lineups over the next couple days.

The VOOM HD channels have now been removed.

Other HD channels are being added, listed here. The new channels are movie channels for the iO Silver & iO Gold levels: more Encore, Starz, HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime HD channels.

If you have SageTV set to automatically enable new channels & don't subscribe to some of those channels, you'll want to go to Channel Setup to disable the new ones you can't receive.

On my system, SageTV now has the listings for the new channels & the old ones are gone, but the cable boxes can't yet tune the new channels. The boxes will probably get updated overnight for availability on Jan 23.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Sage User

Unhappy

It looks like the new channels have 5C protection on the firewire bus. The Voom channels did not.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:33 PM
Sage User

Opus4, it seems that you use Cablevision. I'm having a problem and maybe you can help me out. I'm trying to map the Station IDs (i.e. WPIX) to it's digital equivalent. I.m using a Hauppage 2250 by the way.

When I scan for channels (aka channel/program/etc) I get returned the the following format; 83-21-5 which actually is WABC channel 7 in our area. I've been looking at reports for Cablevision within my zip code (like on Silicondust) channels are presented in Channel-Program format (ie. 81-711) is WPIXDT2.

Of course I called Cablevision and they know nothing about this.

Any thoughts on how I can figure this three number format vs. the two number format out?

Thanks Tom
Old 02-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Unless you use a SiliconDust HDHR, SageTV has no info about what the station name is when it scans for QAM channels, so you have to remap to the appropriate station names. You shouldn't need to worry about the physical channel number; you just need to map whatever channel is being received to the station you see when you view that channel. The v6.5 PDF manual has a new section for this called "Remapping Stations for EPG data using ATSC or QAM Digital Tuners", starting on p. 164. That is a new section in he manual, so if it isn't clear, I can look into touching it up for the next manual revision.

(If you also have an HDHR, you can rename its .scn file to use with another digital QAM or ATSC tuner & get the advantage of its automatic station mapping during SageTV's channel scan.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.